• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

These pictures make me happy and sad at the same time. It'll be a sad day when they start taking down WHL.
Exciting times ahead though, I hope.

These pictures make me happy and sad at the same time. It'll be a sad day when they start taking down WHL.
Exciting times ahead though, I hope.

This.

I really really wanted us to increase the capacity at the original ground, but obviously we couldnt do that. The big bonus is that we are as good as still in the same place, so it will still be the Lane. Wouldnt have liked having to move away from our roots like City,Arsenal,Southampton,etc had to do.

But now I have accepted it has to be a new stadium I want to images with steelwork starting to come out of the ground. These pics are great showing the progress, but I really want to see the first real nuts and bolts of the stadium appearing

Last edited:
Once nice thing with the current arrangement is that we will see the new stadium grow while the old one is still there. By the time the old one is demolished we will have become partially familiar with the new one.

Once nice thing with the current arrangement is that we will see the new stadium grow while the old one is still there. By the time the old one is demolished we will have become partially familiar with the new one.

Yes. Might have to have a few drives to Haringey while we spend the season away, just to have a gander at the progess

It will feel strange watching this huge new stadium slowly envelop our current abode in years to come.

CZ6qluGWEAA9w4O

CZ18wkQUcAAMx4N

Last edited:
Isn't the back of the stadium (curve in the mud) very close to the other building that we put up, I assume you'll be able to walk all the way around it but it looks tight.

Isn't the back of the stadium (curve in the mud) very close to the other building that we put up, I assume you'll be able to walk all the way around it but it looks tight.
I just assumed they formed part of the same building

There'll be steps to access a "raised podium" at first floor level, so you can walk all the way round. I think the curve in the mud is the line of the north wall of the basement and ground floor. The wall of the stadium itself will be set back from this.

Sorry, I haven't read through the last few pages but are we still waiting for the Mayor's approval?

Yes. Johnsons idea of work is showing himself to be the tit he is at every public opportunity. I have serious doubts that he's made just one decision since assuming office.

Subsequent to the application being granted approval, and after consultation with the planning committee, it was agreed that further clarification on elements - both legal, but mostly technical - of the proposal would aid the Mayor's Office. To that end, such efforts have been progressing and we hope to be in a position to deliver the consented proposal to the Mayor's Office, for their consideration, within the next fortnight.

We think it is vitally important that the Mayor's Office is absolutely clear and without doubt that the unfortunate reporting delay should neither be interpreted as intentional nor an attempt to subvert the planning committee. We feel confident that the robustness of the application will firmly demonstrate that not to be the case, and - for what it is worth - this is a view echoed by Haringey Council.

Subsequent to the application being granted approval, and after consultation with the planning committee, it was agreed that further clarification on elements - both legal, but mostly technical - of the proposal would aid the Mayor's Office. To that end, such efforts have been progressing and we hope to be in a position to deliver the consented proposal to the Mayor's Office, for their consideration, within the next fortnight.

We think it is vitally important that the Mayor's Office is absolutely clear and without doubt that the unfortunate reporting delay should neither be interpreted as intentional nor an attempt to subvert the planning committee. We feel confident that the robustness of the application will firmly demonstrate that not to be the case, and - for what it is worth - this is a view echoed by Haringey Council.

Has anyone heard the story of the chap that puts his shoes in to the cobbler, then gets home to find that war has been declared. He spends the next 6 years in Norway, Belgium, France, North Africa, Sicily, Italy, France, Holland and Germany??.

When he is finally demobbed he returns to the cobbler, who asks him whether he has got the repair ticket. On handing it over and having his one and tuppence ready to pay, he hears the cobbler saying "they'll be ready Tuesday".

This is the shortened version .... omitting things like "being absolutely clear and without doubt that the unfortunate reporting delay should neither be interpreted as intentional nor an attempt to subvert the repair committee. The cobbler felt confident that the robustness of the repair request will firmly demonstrate that not to be the case"

I used to be able to hold my breath for nearly 3 minutes.

Back