• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

What's the latest with regards to the design of the stadium? I hope we don't end up with a generic bowl.

What's the latest with regards to the design of the stadium? I hope we don't end up with a generic bowl.

The only thing we know for sure is that the kop stays, from two weeks ago: http://www.haringeyindependent.co.u...ium_plans_after_new_pictures_spark_confusion/

Apart from that we've read all soughts of rumours.

- Up to 70,000 capacity
- Sliding pitch
- Corporate seating and exec. boxes in the East and West stands only
- retractable roof
- 15 meters taller than the original design

I do hope if there is a re-design that it's something fresh, like you I'm getting bored of the generic bowl.

Wouldn't mind something like the Alianz or Uni. of Pheonix stadium with a big f@ck off Kop stand =P~

same, il be gutted if we end up with that original design, it looks 10 years out of date and also practically identical to the emirates, the only redeeming feature being the kop.

May be irrelevant but it's still the old exterior designs plastered on all the boards around the ground...

Has it occurred to you lot that anything really original in the design will likely cost big bucks - big bucks we almost certainly don't have.

From what I can make out we're having trouble raising the funds just to make a start on the ruddy thing. Doubt Joe Lewis is prepared to put his hand in his pocket just to slake our lust for something super-cool.

Has it occurred to you lot that anything really original in the design will likely cost big bucks - big bucks we almost certainly don't have.

From what I can make out we're having trouble raising the funds just to make a start on the ruddy thing. Doubt Joe Lewis is prepared to put his hand in his pocket just to slake our lust for something super-cool.

I don't think funding is an issue. ENIC are an investment company. They wouldn't bat an eyelid about investing in something as rock-solid as property as its almost certain to make a return on their investment.

The funding hold-ups have been down to MAXIMISING the investment and also just general business sense. Why should ENIC fork out for stuff when they don't have to.

By putting a case to the local authorities and government for urban re-generation in Tottenham, and by pursuing stadium naming rights and outside investment, they can hopefully get most of the necessary development paid for by other people.

Why wouldn't you wait a few years if necessary to make this happen? It's frustrating for us fans, but in the grand scheme of capital projects like this, a few years to save millions is worthwhile and in the best interests of ENIC AND THFC.

Lammey got confused in that interview.

He mixed up Archway (our CPO) with Network Cars, who are to do with the other redevelopment around Tottenham Hale. The Archway figures are more around £1-2m

It could have been the journo who got mixed up - the original version of that report had Lammy as a Conservative MP...

http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-updates/thstthfc-board-to-board-meeting,-13th-may-2014.aspx

1. Stadium Update: CPO’s, naming rights, timescales, ground shares

- DH stated that the stadium was the most critical issue facing the Club at present

- DL explained how the CPO on the one remaining property (Archway Steel) was still outstanding, a year after the public enquiry in March 2013. THFC had been advised a decision was imminent in September 2013 and has been following up fortnightly through lawyers ever since

- THFC has already relocated 71 businesses from Tottenham amicably to secure the land for the new stadium

- THFC has been trying to purchase Archway Steel for 10 years now and until this is finally resolved, work cannot begin on the new stadium

- AB asked whether the timelines shared with fans in April were achievable, in terms of the completion date of 2017. DL commented that the timings were increasingly tight and there was the possibility this may be pushed back if the CPO was any further delayed

- MC asked whether the stadium design remained the same as the set made public in 2012. DC commented that there would be internal changes as the design was already dated in terms of the latest fittings etc.

- DL and DC confirmed that once THFC is in a position to begin the build process in earnest, the various committees established to advise and assist with the move would be revived – Heritage Committee, Transport Committee etc.

- The possibility of ground sharing for the final season prior to the new stadium opening was raised by THST. DL advised that THFC had an open mind as to where this may be but this was looking increasingly like a possibility

- KL enquired as to the possibility of building a multi-purpose stadium to accommodate other sports (NFL, in particular). DL commented that nothing was planned at this point but they would keep an open mind for the future

Cheers for sharing Heda :)

So much of the talk about the stadium now seems like it's inevitable, but I would just love an official announcement and schedule for completion :)

Hopefully the rumours about the Archway Steel CPO are accurate...

- DL explained how the CPO on the one remaining property (Archway Steel) was still outstanding, a year after the public enquiry in March 2013. THFC had been advised a decision was imminent in September 2013 and has been following up fortnightly through lawyers ever since

- THFC has been trying to purchase Archway Steel for 10 years now and until this is finally resolved, work cannot begin on the new stadium

Archway Steel - They call themselves fans.. I'll call them c unts.

and wifffffffffffffy

DC confirmed that there will be a WIFI signal/increased bandwidth in White Hart Lane for all to use from next season onwards

For some reason I can't see that working. Of a capacity crowd, say 10,000 accessing simultaneously ? Where else in the world has that happened?

Save the money even if it's just a few quid. WHL is a black spot for my mobile just take it on the chin

The club should ask for an enquiry into why that fat c unt Eric Pickles is taking so long.

I suggest those in the Brentwood constituency that have him as an MP email him and ask WTF is he doing. Tell him to pull his finger from his ****.

Don't be an ****.. just ask why? Nothing gained from being an ****. :lol: http://www.ericpickles.com/contact1.php

or

eric@ericpickles.com

Back