• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

Apparently his office have to make quite big budget cuts and the are even talks about his department moving out of London as they do not need to be in Whitehall.

- KL enquired as to the possibility of building a multi-purpose stadium to accommodate other sports (NFL, in particular). DL commented that nothing was planned at this point but they would keep an open mind for the future

nothing planned?

Couple of snippets. The first is from RMB2007 on Skyscrapercity, it's an e-mail from David Keirle (chairman of KSS Design)

We are no longer employed by Spurs on the Stadium project. I do not know what their current plans are.

The other is from 'Billy White' on COYS.

CPO unsure how far it is away because of the NFL no-deal. Levy held out for what would have been a very profitable partnership but it didn't happen, so I'm sure that's added some time to this whole process.

Capacity is aimed to be around 65,000 last I heard.

Stadium share is most definitely being considered, I would say it will happen. Believe it will happen the year before the stadium was ready for us to use, so we'd be sharing for '16-'17 and would be in the new ground for '17-'18.

More to come when I can. BW

Which was then followed up by this.

nothing really revolutionary
someone: Ok so I met another spurs fan on Saturday. We were talking about moving away for a year to speed up the stadium build.
He said he knew someone who works for the FA and wembley and about 8/9 months before it was in the press recently about us ground sharing, the guy had said to him that spurs were going to use wembley while the new ground was being redeveloped.
Now this might be rubbish but I was pretty convinced by his story (which was a bit longer but the gist of it is here). I guess we will know in a couple of years either way. Thought I'd pass on anyway.
billy white: Definitely been discussed, nice one. Several other locations are on the table. Names escaping me, but don't remember West Ham being one. Doesn't mean they aren't in the mix, however. As I said, post more when I hear more.

Couple of snippets. The first is from RMB2007 on Skyscrapercity, it's an e-mail from David Keirle (chairman of KSS Design)

Which was then followed up by this.

It has been covered before, but we are legally not allowed to use Wembley (it has a very strict limit on the number of football matches it can hold under local by-laws).

The ground sharing option that has seriously been explored has always been Milton Keynes (with maybe 3-4 of the biggest games at Wembley).

It has been covered before, but we are legally not allowed to use Wembley (it has a very strict limit on the number of football matches it can hold under local by-laws).

The restriction is only for events where the top tier is in use, therefore we could play most games using bottom two tiers with a capacity of over 50,000 and then use the whole stadium for 3 or 4 games.

The restriction is only for events where the top tier is in use, therefore we could play most games using bottom two tiers with a capacity of over 50,000 and then use the whole stadium for 3 or 4 games.

IIRC, the by-law is from the 1920s (a condition of the original construction of it), so I doubt there's specific information about new stadium design etc. included in it?

It was one of those 'triple lock' type agreement made with residents to protect them in perpetuity from too frequent disruption.

The ground sharing option that has seriously been explored has always been Milton Keynes (with maybe 3-4 of the biggest games at Wembley).

I think that as been challenged in this thread already.

I'd prefer to share with someone like Charlton than MK Dons.

IIRC, the by-law is from the 1920s (a condition of the original construction of it), so I doubt there's specific information about new stadium design etc. included in it?

It was one of those 'triple lock' type agreement made with residents to protect them in perpetuity from too frequent disruption.

The condition relating to the new stadium is a few pages back in this thread. It's principally related to public transport capacity. Events at Wembley have relatively little impact on residents as most of the crowds are controlled down to Wembley Park or Wembley stadium mainline station.

It's Twickenham that has that type of clause as crowds walk through residential areas along with major road closures.

Never Never Never.

Twickenham for me and leave up the rugby goalposts just for a laugh.

Townsend would score 2pts every week!

I could live with sharing at Twickers, although from a selfish point of view. MK Dons would be a 100mile less round trip every other week

CPO unsure how far it is away because of the NFL no-deal. Levy held out for what would have been a very profitable partnership but it didn't happen, so I'm sure that's added some time to this whole process.

Capacity is aimed to be around 65,000 last I heard.

Stadium share is most definitely being considered, I would say it will happen. Believe it will happen the year before the stadium was ready for us to use, so we'd be sharing for '16-'17 and would be in the new ground for '17-'18.

More to come when I can.​

Hmmmm - interesting how this comes out shortly after Levy has publicly told the trust that there are no discussions with the NFL and that we're considering ground sharing instead of playing in the two thirds completed stadium.

Hmmmm - interesting how this comes out shortly after Levy has publicly told the trust that there are no discussions with the NFL and that we're considering ground sharing instead of playing in the two thirds completed stadium.

The first sentence which says the CPO is linked to NFL is the biggest giveaway that it is being made up

I don't think Levy has said that there aren't any discussions with the NFL only that there isn't an opportunity to work with the NFL at the moment.

billy white: Definitely been discussed, nice one. Several other locations are on the table. Names escaping me, but don't remember West Ham being one. Doesn't mean they aren't in the mix, however. As I said, post more when I hear more

I ask anyone on here.. if you were told the clubs being spoke about would you forget them.

Never Never Never.

Twickenham for me and leave up the rugby goalposts just for a laugh.

Twickenham definitely has a limit on the number of events in can stage each year and the RFU would never sanction an association football club playing there. Besides, the public transport links to Twickenham are even worse than to Tottenham.

Back