• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Hopefully gives a little more clarity around the corner issue.

46344434241_37aa35a544_b.jpg

For comparison

3oldtrafford.jpg

That's true. The camber off the pitch looks similar though.

the issue isn't with the camber itself though, it's the available space outside of the pitch for things like corner taking/throw-ins and linesmen etc - if what we saw on the fan familiarization event (where i took and posted a photo on previous pages) is in match mode then i personally see it becoming a bit of an issue - i thought the last time this cropped up someone had posted some photos/mock ups of the flaps being raised to a more even level with the pitch, but looking back it seems i was mistaken

the issue isn't with the camber itself though, it's the available space outside of the pitch for things like corner taking/throw-ins and linesmen etc - if what we saw on the fan familiarization event (where i took and posted a photo on previous pages) is in match mode then i personally see it becoming a bit of an issue - i thought the last time this cropped up someone had posted some photos/mock ups of the flaps being raised to a more even level with the pitch, but looking back it seems i was mistaken

Someone posted the promotional video which explained the sliding pitch and mentions that the flaps are raised up to be level with the pitch.

Someone posted the promotional video which explained the sliding pitch and mentions that the flaps are raised up to be level with the pitch.

I posted that, the only thing I’m unsure about is why the flaps aren’t raised for the familiarisation days. Makes it seem like the pitch was actually in match day mode and that is what we would get. In which case, it would be bad for a variety of reasons. Not possible to take corners or throw ins, linesmen will break their ankles easily and our players would also be injury risks.

And that is why I am absolutely sure that we are missing something, and that on game day those flaps get raised to pitch level. But the love of GHod, I wish people who see a slope immediately after the touch line would stop saying it would be fine and that we would make do...or even get an advantage from it.

Not possible to take corners or throw ins, linesmen will break their ankles easily and our players would also be injury risks.

That's clearly not going to be to the case. Loads of grounds have a camber off the pitch. The ground may be tight but that is true of many old grounds too, including WHL, and it didn't appear to have much impact then.

That's clearly not going to be to the case. Loads of grounds have a camber off the pitch. The ground may be tight but that is true of many old grounds too, including WHL, and it didn't appear to have much impact then.

But as you keeping suggesting with the OT example, the space after the touch line but before the dip is much bigger at any other ground than it is with ours. So - if it was the case that those flaps stayed were they were and didn’t raise (and I don’t think it is) it would be incredibly difficult to take a proper throw in or corner, or have a safe pathway for a linesman.

Im pretty sure spurs have this sorted guys. It would be TOO sexy for spurs to do that. Even if it was fudged up do you not think someone at the ground has seen this and said "lads there's no chance a decent corner can be taken like that."

Spurs have got this. Chill.

ABSOLUTELY. I am sure someone in all of this build and design work has made the point. I’m still baffled though at the people that see the dip as is and insist it is fine, or exactly like another ground, or exactly like our old ground, when it just isn’t.

I am assuming those flaps raise, as the video I posted a few pages back suggests it does. I’m just a little uncertain as to why on fan open days to show off the pitch they didn’t raise them. It almost suggests that’s how they are supposed to be - even though I don’t think it is actually the match day state.

Some more corner flap photos, from @Dan_Kent16 on Twitter... does make it look like inswingers are going to involve a tricky little run up... but I’d assume that Populous have enough experience designing football stadia to ensure it’s not going to be a problem...

upload_2018-12-31_13-32-7.jpeg
upload_2018-12-31_13-33-22.jpeg

And looks like goalline flaps are raised to provide a larger flat surface in this photo from @chesspur

upload_2018-12-31_13-46-54.jpeg

Last edited:

But as you keeping suggesting with the OT example, the space after the touch line but before the dip is much bigger at any other ground than it is with ours. So - if it was the case that those flaps stayed were they were and didn’t raise (and I don’t think it is) it would be incredibly difficult to take a proper throw in or corner, or have a safe pathway for a linesman.

more of a run up than will be possible with the space afforded in the pictures shown of our pitch - never mind if we wanted to take an inswinger

linesman seems to be pretty tight to the pitch edge so probably not an issue there tbf

You seem to be talking yourself around in circles. Every time you feel concerned, go back and read p.866 of this thread.

I cant see how the flaps can be raised flat to pitch level that would raise the other side up near the stand aswell which doesnt look viable. if i was a linesman I wouldn't fancy running and down that cambered ramp the whole game.

Looks awfully tight. I don’t think the «flaps» can be elevated to be horisontal as that would conflict with the fancy LED ad thingys.

If it turns out to be a problem for corner kicks then build removable platforms that extend horizontally from the camber falloff point.

I’d be interested in seeing the financial justification for this ridiculously complex (and no doubt costly) double/removable/NFL pitch system.

If you look at the end of the clip the flaps clearly have a 'ramp' up to the pitch they are not dead flat, so it is in current match position now. Gradient doesnt really look that bad in all honesty. Time will tell I guess.

Back