• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Mauricio Pochettino is banking on Tottenham’s new stadium providing a similar boost in the title race to the one Liverpool get from their “Anfield party”.

“To play in your own stadium is the best thing that can happen in your life. The moment the new stadium is ready, if it is my decision, my decision is to move quickly.

“You can feel like yesterday when I saw the highlights that the people at Anfield are desperate to win and they are showing their support to the team.

“Yesterday Anfield was amazing, every game Liverpool play at Anfield is a party and that sometimes makes a difference.”
Anfield has been toss for years and years, its a massive myth the atmosphere there

I would assume that the pitch is in a different position when the lamps are on it but I haven't seen it confirmed.
There aren't any different positions for the pitch. It's either out or under the south stand. The pitch can't be elevated or lowered. The flaps however, can be lowered and raised in elevation, but I believe they are fully raised in the screenshot I uploaded.

Another myth, roll out a few brick big flags and it's the best place in the world for noise and support

gonads

I stood on the Kop just before they knocked it down in the early nineties when I was at Uni. One of those "I'd like to experience that" moments. Gotta say it was brick. Rivers of tinkle streaming down the steps. 10,000 people gargling with 2 pints on spit just to speak in their high pitched voices. The hatred towards their own team was unbelievable. It was actually my worst ever experience at watching football - and I've seen us lose to some right bricky sides over the years. On the plus side, it only cost about £6 - although I believe you could get in with a bag of smack as well!

There aren't any different positions for the pitch. It's either out or under the south stand. The pitch can't be elevated or lowered. The flaps however, can be lowered and raised in elevation, but I believe they are fully raised in the screenshot I uploaded.
Agreed. There will be a slight slope to run up, on the way to taking a corner. E.g. 10 or 20 degrees but not 45 degrees or something. It won't be a huge issue.

Also we have very tight "run-off" areas where you can run into the advertising hoardings or the flaps or the 'rails' for the pitch lights, with only a thin layer of astroturf covering them. Hopefully none of this will be a big deal and injuries will be rare.

I think the 'clue' is the little mound at the back of the goals. The sides are in the final position otherwise that slope behind the goal would be pointless and by the looks of it looks very 'permanent'. The slope to be honest looks a lot more than it probably is anyway, at a guess it probably has to be cambered for water run off reasons.

3aFHbRR.jpg
Lucky that sign is there, otherwise you'd miss it.

I think that all of the pictures that have got people concerned have been when the lamps are on the pitch. We should also take comfort that this is not a comment that has been made on social media by anyone who has been at the fan familiarisation events. I think that we need to see it in a game set up before we can draw too many conclusions. Hopefully, it is not long to wait until the first test event.

To be fair, I don’t think the lamps were down on the familiarisation event for the south stand, were they?

Just so people are clear, no one is saying ‘LOL THE CLUB HAS fudgeD UP THE DESIGN’. People are only saying ‘would suck if a proper corner couldn’t be taken on that slope, but I’m sure I’m missing something.’ I even went and found the video to confirm how it was supposed to work.

I find it funny that people would be happy with a new stadium that prevented a common type of set piece being taken, so much so to talk it up as an advantage for us, but I don’t actually think the club has ballsed anything up.

To be fair, I don’t think the lamps were down on the familiarisation event for the south stand, were they?

Just so people are clear, no one is saying ‘LOL THE CLUB HAS fudgeD UP THE DESIGN’. People are only saying ‘would suck if a proper corner couldn’t be taken on that slope, but I’m sure I’m missing something.’ I even went and found the video to confirm how it was supposed to work.

I find it funny that people would be happy with a new stadium that prevented a common type of set piece being taken, so much so to talk it up as an advantage for us, but I don’t actually think the club has ballsed anything up.

I think that you have misunderstood what I was saying. I am sure that the new stadium will not hamper corner taking.

I think that you have misunderstood what I was saying. I am sure that the new stadium will not hamper corner taking.

My post was also aimed at the idea that anyone making a comment on the slopes is being negative towards the club, or speaking with authority on a design matter which nobody has done.

I think the 'clue' is the little mound at the back of the goals. The sides are in the final position otherwise that slope behind the goal would be pointless and by the looks of it looks very 'permanent'. The slope to be honest looks a lot more than it probably is anyway, at a guess it probably has to be cambered for water run off reasons.

Wrong about the back of the goals being an indicator as they don't move; they're not flaps they are fixed to the trays. Only the sidelines are flaps which are adjustable.

Back