• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Hmmm. Remember when Liverpool ‘sold’ Ian Rush to Juve and replaced him with John Aldridge but the Juve fans believed they’d been sold John Aldridge instead? We may have found a way to resolve the Man U links...
Like that time we tried to get away with selling Kenneth McEvoy to Madrid for £89m...

upload_2018-12-27_18-32-36.jpeg

And we would have got away with it, if it hadn’t have been for that meddling Gareth Bale. And that um, pesky Croatian midfielder...

How ridiculous is that? To have a stadium that precludes you from taking a certain type of set piece?

I’m sure we’ve thought about it and there is some solution, but I’d love to know what it is because right now the idea that our great new stadium prevents inswingers would be so bad.

tactically, it would benefit us - the disadvantage would be the same for both teams, but given that we play there so much more often than any other team we will be able to develop strategies that take advantage of this specific feature whether other teams will not be as advantaged to use the same as their counter will only work against us rather than in every home game

tactically, it would benefit us - the disadvantage would be the same for both teams, but given that we play there so much more often than any other team we will be able to develop strategies that take advantage of this specific feature whether other teams will not be as advantaged to use the same as their counter will only work against us rather than in every home game

If it was actually true that those slopes remain the way they are once we are playing a game, I’d look at it as an amazingly bad, budget-looking oversight. To have a stadium where only one type of corner can be taken? It would be beyond crap to me. I can’t believe anyone would consider it a worthwhile advantage. Would be so small time.

So we spend best part of a billion on a sports arena/stadium/bowl/oval and allow a design fault through that precludes us being able to play our intended sport properly?

Oh that is just so Spursey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Levy out!!

Reactions: PJ.
If it was actually true that those slopes remain the way they are once we are playing a game, I’d look at it as an amazingly bad, budget-looking oversight. To have a stadium where only one type of corner can be taken? It would be beyond crap to me. I can’t believe anyone would consider it a worthwhile advantage. Would be so small time.

i read further on and now know the sides raise and become flat. i also agree that it wouldn't look good. but the general point about how foibles in a home stadium can generate sporting advantage still holds though. i'm pretty sure the players got quite good at playing in the unique WHL wind conditions the season where one stand was knocked down

i read further on and now know the sides raise and become flat. i also agree that it wouldn't look good. but the general point about how foibles in a home stadium can generate sporting advantage still holds though. i'm pretty sure the players got quite good at playing in the unique WHL wind conditions the season where one stand was knocked down

For sure. Getting used to a tight pitch and taking that home advantage, I’m with that all the way. Being unable to take a normal corner? Bleurgh

That won't be the case. People are getting carried away over a couple of photos showing the pitch in a certain position.

I think that all of the pictures that have got people concerned have been when the lamps are on the pitch. We should also take comfort that this is not a comment that has been made on social media by anyone who has been at the fan familiarisation events. I think that we need to see it in a game set up before we can draw too many conclusions. Hopefully, it is not long to wait until the first test event.

I think that all of the pictures that have got people concerned have been when the lamps are on the pitch. We should also take comfort that this is not a comment that has been made on social media by anyone who has been at the fan familiarisation events. I think that we need to see it in a game set up before we can draw too many conclusions. Hopefully, it is not long to wait until the first test event.

Hasn't it already been confirmed that the pitch wasn't in match mode when the familiarisation event took place?

I was there and it certainly looked to be an issue at the time

That won't be the case. People are getting carried away over a couple of photos showing the pitch in a certain position.

Amazes me the lengths Spurs fans go to to look on the negative side, looking for the dark cloud behind any silver lining.

Given all the messages coming out about the ABSOLUTE attention to detail, most of which we've seen for ourselves, the investment made, the expensive architects...

..Do people REALLY think that the pitch hasnt been thoroughly designed and thought through and their expert analysis from a few iphone pics has trumped it all? Really?

We as fans need to grow up, Poch is right. We need to start embracing our progress instead of being pessimistic and waiting for the 'inevitable' downturn.

It hasnt come yet, and we have no real reason to expect it, so how about we allow ourselves a little hope?

Hasn't it already been confirmed that the pitch wasn't in match mode when the familiarisation event took place?

I was there and it certainly looked to be an issue at the time

I would assume that the pitch is in a different position when the lamps are on it but I haven't seen it confirmed.

Mauricio Pochettino is banking on Tottenham’s new stadium providing a similar boost in the title race to the one Liverpool get from their “Anfield party”.

“To play in your own stadium is the best thing that can happen in your life. The moment the new stadium is ready, if it is my decision, my decision is to move quickly.

“You can feel like yesterday when I saw the highlights that the people at Anfield are desperate to win and they are showing their support to the team.

“Yesterday Anfield was amazing, every game Liverpool play at Anfield is a party and that sometimes makes a difference.”

3aFHbRR.jpg

lF4upIh.jpg

31546280407_2ddb3965bc_k.jpg

44668968110_2420fb62b3_k.jpg

31546250807_084af3a467_k.jpg

UgKcIYk.jpg

7kYnKhW.jpg

eNBQutJ.jpg

o1HxBJF.jpg

uH565HL.jpg

gdmQPe6.jpg

eqEvgN2.jpg