• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

rasiak_grzegorz.jpg
Yea that's the guy!

I just got an ST in the North Stand and am from Malta!!! What's the problem having die hard international Spurs fans having to travel from abroad to watch our beloved team?

It's just it feels a bit odd if foreigners are going to price out the locals, is all, potentially creating a bit of friction between the real die-hard local fans, the rich foreign fans and the club. Still, there's a lot of season tickets and tickets in general to go by, so hopefully it won't mean anything for the atmosphere.

On another note, I spoke to a guy in a pub down High Road (The Ship or something) last time I was in London (april last year) who said he was a Spurs fan, lived in Tottenham, he knew everything about the club, but claimed he had never been to a match as it was too expensive for him! I found it quite baffling. Tickets are quite pricey, but ... surely if you live in London you can save up for a match every now and then?

I just got an ST in the North Stand and am from Malta!!! What's the problem having die hard international Spurs fans having to travel from abroad to watch our beloved team?

Welcome to the club mate, do you still have that Spurs supporters club in Malta? Its been a few years since i was last there but i remember having a few great nights in there ( still got one of their T/Shirts).

My memory is not what it was but i think the guy behind the bar was called Charlie?

It's just it feels a bit odd if foreigners are going to price out the locals, is all, potentially creating a bit of friction between the real die-hard local fans, the rich foreign fans and the club. Still, there's a lot of season tickets and tickets in general to go by, so hopefully it won't mean anything for the atmosphere.

On another note, I spoke to a guy in a pub down High Road (The Ship or something) last time I was in London (april last year) who said he was a Spurs fan, lived in Tottenham, he knew everything about the club, but claimed he had never been to a match as it was too expensive for him! I found it quite baffling. Tickets are quite pricey, but ... surely if you live in London you can save up for a match every now and then?

As a (sort of local) ST holder myself i don't think there's any of that kind of ill feeling towards foreign ST holders among the fanbase - think the general feeling is a Spurs fan is a Spurs fan, though i would say there's a bit of a grey area when it comes to what is perceived as a 'day tripper' or JCL (johnny come lately) but they're just as likely to be English as they are from abroad.

I’m sure if you live locally you could pick up a cheap cup game or even get a ticket from a tout 5 minutes after kick off? Maybe he preferred to spend the equivalent of a match ticket in the Ship.

I know it's been discussed before but the wavy lines so everyone can see the pitch look huge here, seems a massive area to have no seats. Is there really no way to design it to make advantage of that space.

That's definitely the only downside. I wish they could fill them with seats even if slightly awkward seating.

The cost would be astronomical. There is no way to add more seats there without extending the stadium backwards. To do that once built would mean essentially taking the south stand completely apart and starting again. The only major extension would be upwards, and even that would be at a ridiculous cost and a major disruption (reduced capacity while work is going on). I very much doubt there will be any significant expansion.

I really, really hope not - the car of choice for tossers.

If I overtake a car on the motorway and it speeds up and overtakes me back, I can be 90% sure it'll be an Audi.

They'd be a far better fit for the goons.
Wouldn't you be 100% sure if you have just overtaken it? o_O

As a (sort of local) ST holder myself i don't think there's any of that kind of ill feeling towards foreign ST holders among the fanbase - think the general feeling is a Spurs fan is a Spurs fan, though i would say there's a bit of a grey area when it comes to what is perceived as a 'day tripper' or JCL (johnny come lately) but they're just as likely to be English as they are from abroad.

Well, that's good to hear. :)

Welcome to the club mate, do you still have that Spurs supporters club in Malta? Its been a few years since i was last there but i remember having a few great nights in there ( still got one of their T/Shirts).

My memory is not what it was but i think the guy behind the bar was called Charlie?
Like hell it still stands!! We watch Spurs midweek games there. Great atmosphere I tell you!. Well Charlie is getting older now and although he still is the president of the club he has relinquished his bar tenancy to our new guy George. In fact this coming Monday we have organized a pasta night just before England ko their campaign. I had been a bronze member for the past, what, 12 years and finally a ST. Over the moon. Although I won't be travelling for all the home games, I'll be there for the premier matches. COYS

The cost would be astronomical. There is no way to add more seats there without extending the stadium backwards. To do that once built would mean essentially taking the south stand completely apart and starting again. The only major extension would be upwards, and even that would be at a ridiculous cost and a major disruption (reduced capacity while work is going on). I very much doubt there will be any significant expansion.

I reckon there could be corner tiers. Basically replacing the screens with sort of hanging rows of seats

There will definitely be expansion capability factored in somewhere, even though it was refuted during the planning meeting

I reckon there could be corner tiers. Basically replacing the screens with sort of hanging rows of seats

There will definitely be expansion capability factored in somewhere, even though it was refuted during the planning meeting

Personally I don't buy that. Firstly getting rid of the screens will worsen the experience for people going to NWHL, particularly after we've got used to having them there. Secondly, the return from adding those extra seats probably dont justify the costs - it would be awkward to add and the larger the stadium gets, the less likely you are to fill it.

Like hell it still stands!! We watch Spurs midweek games there. Great atmosphere I tell you!. Well Charlie is getting older now and although he still is the president of the club he has relinquished his bar tenancy to our new guy George. In fact this coming Monday we have organized a pasta night just before England ko their campaign. I had been a bronze member for the past, what, 12 years and finally a ST. Over the moon. Although I won't be travelling for all the home games, I'll be there for the premier matches. COYS

Great news, as i said i have had a few good nights in there when i was in Malta. In fact i gave Charlie a few Spurs scarfs and badges ( which he hung on the walls) when i visited in return for a few of your clubs t-shirts ( one of which i still have).

Happy days and its good to know there is still a thriving Spurs crowd there.

Personally I don't buy that. Firstly getting rid of the screens will worsen the experience for people going to NWHL, particularly after we've got used to having them there. Secondly, the return from adding those extra seats probably dont justify the costs - it would be awkward to add and the larger the stadium gets, the less likely you are to fill it.

You could move a screen to the roof - kind of like the jumbotrons

Personally I find the screens worsen the experience for people. That and the fake crowd noise and managed fun music

A mate of mine, Norwegian bloke, got offered to buy a season ticket in the North stand today. He's a great supporter, but a bit worrying if a lot of foreigners get season tickets. A bit weird coming from a foreigner, perhaps, but would much rather have the majority to be local die hard fans.
That's why I didn't take the offer last year, but there are about 1000 st holders in Norway alone now.
Bloody foreigners.

Seriously though, I'd rather have the ground full of passionate foreigners than local moaning gits.
I live 20 miles north of the ground, but I only ever go to Tottenham for a match, so what's the difference with someone doing that from further away?

I prefer people hitting the corrugated iron at the back of stands - that has a much more authentic sound to it.

Someone occasionally managed to replicate that in the Park Lane/Shelf corner of Wembley - I'm not sure what they found there to hit.

Back