• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Was up there before the City game and this really stood out to me - also how high the podium is from street level, could be a great space before games if thet put in a few alcohol stands
I was up there on Wednesday, and although elevated up (probably to help with the rolling pitch and car park layers) I thought the space from the back of the south stand to the edge of park lane didn't look much considering we got a hotel and 2/3 tower blocks to go up.

Gonna completely block out my view of the High Road....what a waste :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43923481

Shame it wasn't a bigger chunk of the programme.
That’s classy. It’s not all about the money (although it is a lot) but you can see to Ledley that this means something to him. You probably don’t see this though if you’re not a spurs fan. Likewise I’m sure there are other clubs trying to do something like this within their communities.

From some chap on SSC on Dec 14th last year:
thought I'd relay a little conversation I had with the electrical supplier head of sales yesterday (he's on site once a week):
Levy was walking through the comms room and saw the lights were all red on the equipment, he was not happy, made them take them all out and replace them with blue lights.
Labels for equipment were all red, all ripped off and replaced with different colours. The hatred for red is very thorough!
Some kit is turning up on site and is having to be double checked as stickers for other teams are being hidden on them.
60,000 sockets and light switches across the site.
I'm a great fan of Levy but this is petty and small time in my opinion. (and also wasting precious time, and
a few quid)

Last edited:
No way it’s true, there are standard colour schemes for such things, comms equipment will be off the shelf, also, when everything is up and running, powered and connected correctly, those lights won’t be red anyway.
I'm fairly sure the fire alarm wiring has to be red - can't see him flouting regulations for something that doesn't even bother most Spurs fans.

Lol, you lot will debate anything. It's true.
Apparently any movie shown at the stadium has to be blue.

No Simply Red on the stereo either. Also, Washington Redskins is certain to be excluded from a possible NFL franchise at NWHL. Not to mention all our poor, ginger fans, who will be stopped at the gates.

No Simply Red on the stereo either. Also, Washington Redskins is certain to be excluded from a possible NFL franchise at NWHL. Not to mention all our poor, ginger fans, who will be stopped at the gates.

Doherty was noticeable by his absence at the end of season festivities.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ck-stadium-costs-escalate-mauricio-pochettino

The reality is that we will probably have to go through an Arse**l like period of low transfer net spend compared to the rest of the big 6 for a good few more years yet. This is annoying as a fan since 1968 I was really hoping to live long enough to see us win the title but it looks like by the time I do I will need a significantly stronger prescription for my glasses (and a walking stick should I want to dance).

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ck-stadium-costs-escalate-mauricio-pochettino

The reality is that we will probably have to go through an Arse**l like period of low transfer net spend compared to the rest of the big 6 for a good few more years yet. This is annoying as a fan since 1968 I was really hoping to live long enough to see us win the title but it looks like by the time I do I will need a significantly stronger prescription for my glasses (and a walking stick should I want to dance).

Life’s a beach and then .......;)

We have been going through an “Arsenal like period” since 1990.....so we should notice little difference!

The good thing is, that makes no real difference to us. Arsenal went from being able to spend a decent amount of cash relative to the rest of the League to needing to watch themselves because of their stadium, forcing a downgrade. We go from not spending much net, and paying the lowest wages in the big 6, to not spending much net but probably offering close to comparative wages certainly compared to Arsenal, Liverpool, and Chelsea if they continue the way they are going.

We just need to be clever each year about who we move out, and make sure it's to our benefit. Sell Toby and Rose, get Sessegnon or another great prospect there, and someone else at centre back, and I'm reasonably confident we can improve next season. Sanchez a year more settled. Aurier a year more settled. Winks back. Wanyama back. Sissoko taking his rightful place as a true starter because Dembele leaves (insert winky emoji here), and Moura and Lamela with proper pre-seasons, alongside a well established Son, Dele and Eriksen front 3 behind Kane.

As always, we don't need too much surgery as long as we can get some of our long term injuries back, our new signings to settle, and for our established crew to continue their commitment to development.

The good thing is, that makes no real difference to us. Arsenal went from being able to spend a decent amount of cash relative to the rest of the League to needing to watch themselves because of their stadium, forcing a downgrade. We go from not spending much net, and paying the lowest wages in the big 6, to not spending much net but probably offering close to comparative wages certainly compared to Arsenal, Liverpool, and Chelsea if they continue the way they are going.

We just need to be clever each year about who we move out, and make sure it's to our benefit. Sell Toby and Rose, get Sessegnon or another great prospect there, and someone else at centre back, and I'm reasonably confident we can improve next season. Sanchez a year more settled. Aurier a year more settled. Winks back. Wanyama back. Sissoko taking his rightful place as a true starter because Dembele leaves (insert winky emoji here), and Moura and Lamela with proper pre-seasons, alongside a well established Son, Dele and Eriksen front 3 behind Kane.

As always, we don't need too much surgery as long as we can get some of our long term injuries back, our new signings to settle, and for our established crew to continue their commitment to development.
This post was going so well......
;)

No ginger Pele in the hall of fame?!?!

Back