• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

Importantly, this support leaves the Club in a position where it currently has negligible net debt and has financing for the material ongoing costs of taking the stadium project to the next stage. It has always been important that the daily operations and football side of the Club remain unaffected and that the Club has the stability to enable the Board to move the project forward with confidence.

Wow! That sounds very very positive to me. It almost suggests that we can finance the stadium- though I am not sure what "the next stage" is, so maybe there is some smoke and mirrors. Overall though, I am so, so glad that we have such a professional Board of Directors. We are very very lucky because if we do get this stadium, we really will be in a position to compete with the big clubs of Europe.

I'm convinced we have a 'stadium fund'

We seem to have had regular transfer windows recently where we look to have made a profit, and we never seem to have to delve into the £30m or so we get from Sky each season. I am sure we have a good 'wedge' to put towards it

We want our Tottenham back

What is it you do not like about the planned stadium development?

I am unsure on it but really want to see us compete and we need a bigger stadium for that. Superhudd made a good point about seeing how much ENIC make out of this.

It has never been an option for club sides to play at Wembley. There is an old by-law enshrining that there can never more than (something like) 15 football matches there per year.

Someone has just not done their research.

Where did you hear that from?

It is certainly true with Twickenham. Arsenal have played Champions League games at Wembley in the past, so there may be some leeway

Twickenham is in a residential area with a fairly long walk to the station. Wembley has more flexibility as the vast majority of people queue for the tube on Wembley way. It's easy for the police to control the crowds and has minimal impact on local residents.

The challenge for Wembley would be fitting our games around their existing schedule.

Twickenham is in a residential area with a fairly long walk to the station. Wembley has more flexibility as the vast majority of people queue for the tube on Wembley way. It's easy for the police to control the crowds and has minimal impact on local residents.

The challenge for Wembley would be fitting our games around their existing schedule.

Hardly see that as a problem as we appear to be able to play any day of the week at any improbable time to suit tv companies

What is it you do not like about the planned stadium development?

I am unsure on it but really want to see us compete and we need a bigger stadium for that. Superhudd made a good point about seeing how much ENIC make out of this.

Nothing, it was just a lame joke

It has never been an option for club sides to play at Wembley. There is an old by-law enshrining that there can never more than (something like) 15 football matches there per year.

Someone has just not done their research.

It's a palming constraint - it included a certain umber if sporting events and a certain number of entertainment events (gigs) I had the number 22 in my head from when I worked with the guys there at various points

I doubt very much the FA will be going cake to planning to get permission to suit us somehow

So if all those areas of revenue increased each by more than 2% then how did overall revenues only go up 2%? I guess sky money was more or less static and we finished one position lower which might affect it.

This is the crux of all of this for me, it should be the club that profits from this, not Enic. Why I think they are no better than the Glazers. Every last bit of profit from the surrounding projects should be going to pay for the stadium and future club projects like academies abroad. As I have said, I await for the details from someone that is going to dig through the bu llsh it o see what Enic are taking out of this before I break a smile.

I will be certainly be looking at this part of Enic's family at company records in a few years time.

TH Property Limited

Not quite.

In addition to acquiring the non-core properties and financing the Phase 1 build, ENIC has supported the Club by way of an interest free, unsecured loan of £40m.

I've looked at the planning consent for Wembley stadium. There is a condition attached (Condition 3) that, until certain transport improvements were made, the number of events was capped at 22 sporting and 15 non-sporting events per year. One of the required transport improvements was to increase the capacity of Wembley Park station to 50,000 people per hour. I can't find any evidence that this has been achieved.

However, Condition 3 also said "if after two years following the completion of the stadium the works specified above have not been completed ... then additional events over and above the cap specified above shall be permitted subject to the number of spectators being limited to the capacity of the lower and middle tiers of the stadium, leaving the upper tier unoccupied."

The lower and middle tiers total around 50,000 seats so, unless that exception has been subsequently varied, this might provide a route to Spurs using the stadium.

I've looked at the planning consent for Wembley stadium. There is a condition attached (Condition 3) that, until certain transport improvements were made, the number of events was capped at 22 sporting and 15 non-sporting events per year. One of the required transport improvements was to increase the capacity of Wembley Park station to 50,000 people per hour. I can't find any evidence that this has been achieved.

However, Condition 3 also said "if after two years following the completion of the stadium the works specified above have not been completed ... then additional events over and above the cap specified above shall be permitted subject to the number of spectators being limited to the capacity of the lower and middle tiers of the stadium, leaving the upper tier unoccupied."

The lower and middle tiers total around 50,000 seats so, unless that exception has been subsequently varied, this might provide a route to Spurs using the stadium.

That seems plausible using that logic

50000 is better than no fans

So if all those areas of revenue increased each by more than 2% then how did overall revenues only go up 2%? I guess sky money was more or less static and we finished one position lower which might affect it.

The Sky money is paid at the end of the season, so it will be in next years figures

Could we not play home matches:

Arsenal, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Man U, Liverpool, (West Ham if not relegated by then) + say Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton, Sunderland, Aston Villa at Wembley
+ all of the others at Watford
for a season?

Would sell out for a NLD (well, maybe only 70k to Spurs fans but I say we allocate Arsenal 5k regardless ;), and although we would be woefully short for the Watford matches at least frequent use of a 90k stadium would satisfy general demand for the fans who a handful of times a year?

10 games at Wembley = about 800k home tickets a year.
Watford would allow about 15k home tickets, that's 150k league tickets a year.
Pretty much 1m home tickets in total.

Compare to 30k home tickets at WHL, about 600k home tickets a year.

Heck, could even drop to about 5 matches at Wembley and could sell the same number of tickets overall.

What are all your thoughts on this?....

Purchasing the properties during a rising property market that is predicted to carry on rising for a few more years and also purchasing them at independent valuations set now, when (presumably) the property will be worth a lot more after the regeneration has taken place. Is this good for THFC or ENIC?

It's good for both, hopefully.

Phase 1 of the NDP is now complete. It, along with these properties to the west of the High Road, are now owned by another ENIC subsidiary. So ENIC will do nicely out of the area's regeneration.

For the club's part, it has now cleared some £80m of debt from the balance sheet - which will make it less dangerously highly geared once it draws down the stadium debt. And I would imagine that the absence of existing debt also makes it easier for the club to secure the stadium debt in the first instance.

My understanding was the money from enic for the properties the club doesn't need was used to build sainsburys/the college and therefore without loan(maybe?). I assume these would generate the club money through rent...

My understanding is that this ENIC subsidiary has bought the supermarket and technical college as well.

I think I read on Skyscrapercity that the contingency if we do have to move out for a year has always been Milton Keynes (capacity 30,500).

My understanding is that this ENIC subsidiary has bought the supermarket and technical college as well.

I think they are clearing all the debts/liabilities off the club's record, so we can get the best credit on the new borrowing for the stadium build?

I think I read on Skyscrapercity that the contingency if we do have to move out for a year has always been Milton Keynes (capacity 30,500).

what if we agree a deal to play the Arsanal, Chelski, Liverpool, Man Utd and Emirates Marketing Project games at Wembley and the rest at Milton Keynes??? Sounds like a Levy kinda a plan

Back