• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Some sneaky sneak photos from an urban explorer.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

He's got a bit of a report about it as well, which might be of interest to some:
https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur-fc-white-hart-lane-london.t108749

Was at Upton Park yesterday, seems to be taking them a long time to demolish the old ground, this is over a year later. Rate we're going we'll be through in month's.

thumbnail_IMG_3148.jpg

Was at Upton Park yesterday, seems to be taking them a long time to demolish the old ground, this is over a year later. Rate we're going we'll be through in month's.

View attachment 3343

Yeah, someone mentioned the demolishing of the Lane should be done in September. Looks like it'll be done earlier than that at this rate!

I find it peculiar that the stand that is most in the way of the new stadium is the one they seem to be leaving until last. West is mostly gone, East on its way, Park lane is not on the footprint of the new stadium anyway so can go anytime but the North stand is pretty much there in its entirety. Are they leaving it last as they need to be more careful when they pull that down as its near the new stadium?

I find it peculiar that the stand that is most in the way of the new stadium is the one they seem to be leaving until last. West is mostly gone, East on its way, Park lane is not on the footprint of the new stadium anyway so can go anytime but the North stand is pretty much there in its entirety. Are they leaving it last as they need to be more careful when they pull that down as its near the new stadium?
ICYMI...

@SpursOfficial
The latest shots from our new stadium site as work begins on the north stand at White Hart Lane. #SpursNewStadium
DBUrdAVXoAEDGD3.jpg

DBSaQjoXsAAkxfs.jpg

DBUrdA6XsAAQOAr.jpg

DBUrdCvXUAQxM9A.jpg

You aren't looking properly. They took down the west stand first by pretty obvious reasons. It provided access to the rest of the site, and they needed the large area. West is also more in the way than North, as they could pretty much have finished the stadium without removing the old North stand, and built around it. Would be very impractical though. They have started taking it down a few days ago, so I don't know how you get the impression that they are not. It's a bit more delicate process than the rest, because of its proximity to the the new bits. If they do it wrong, the new stadium might be damaged.

It surprises me that Levy hasn't set up a WHL memorabilia web shop. Send in a couple of guys now and then to collect rubble, signs and seats, and the club could make a bit of money from that. Makes no sense to throw it all away with hundreds of thousand nostalgic fans sad to see the old lady go - many of them open to buy a small piece of WHL, surely.

It surprises me that Levy hasn't set up a WHL memorabilia web shop. Send in a couple of guys now and then to collect rubble, signs and seats, and the club could make a bit of money from that. Makes no sense to throw it all away with hundreds of thousand nostalgic fans sad to see the old lady go - many of them open to buy a small piece of WHL, surely.

It does seem odd to see some iconic signs and other items literally on the scrap heap. Those Ledders quotes alone would sell no problem

those huge dark colored beams at the top I wonder if will alll come down in one piece? looks like a lot of recyclable material there too.

Back