• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

Starting a stadium project without being fully confident that the club can fund that project can be very dangerous. See Valencia.

Still waiting for posters asking for Lewis to help us out financially to give their estimate of how much that would cost Lewis to know exactly what it is they're asking.

Arsenal turnover in 2004 when the stadium build started was 115.1m

Tottenham turnover in 2012 when the stadium has not started is 144.2m

One other thing to say to this:

Average wage in 2004................?

Average wage in 2012................?

Is it built yet?

I cant wait to move into the new 60,000 seat 'Perryman Arena' and will continue biding my time on Football Manager 2013 until this move is complete....

Is it built yet?

I cant wait to move into the new 60,000 seat 'Perryman Arena' and will continue biding my time on Football Manager 2013 until this move is complete....

Hoddle Arena was mine :p

Is it built yet?

Nicholson Arena. Only seated 49,000, the bastards....:p

Just whacked the Arsenal turnover from 2004 into a UK inflation calculator and it said £115.1m then is now worth £149.65m. Our current turnover is £144.2m according to Superhudd, meaning it is in fact slightly smaller than their's was comparatively.

I'm sure there must be some '% of turnover spent on wages' stats knocking about here somewhere, I could imagine Arsenal's figure for 2004 being lower than our current figure, leaving us less money to go towards other things e.g. players or the stadium than they had - is this what you were getting at jimmy?.

Turnover is pretty irrelevant anyway, profit/loss and money in the bank better demonstrate spending power/financial security.

Question: Will we sell out a 60.000 capacity stadium week in, week out?

Reply: Would you have to?

As long as the increase in attendances/co-oporates was enough to pay off the yearly loan requirements, in the long term it would be a sensible investment. Granted you would not see that benefit until the loan had been paid off though.

Last edited:

As long as the increase in attendances/co-oporates was enough to pay off the yearly loan requirements, in the long term it would be a sensible investment. Granted you would not see that benefit until the loan had been paid off though.

Well, like you point out, probably not. But will we? Have we got enough fans?

Well, like you point out, probably not. But will we? Have we got enough fans?

If the reported season ticket waiting list is correct, than we should have no problems filling a 60k stadium.

However week in week out? Not many teams do that. You see poor attendances at Arsenal, United, City, Chelsea. It's dependant on the match being played.

If the reported season ticket waiting list is correct, than we should have no problems filling a 60k stadium.

However week in week out? Not many teams do that. You see poor attendances at Arsenal, United, City, Chelsea. It's dependant on the match being played.

True.. We'll probably struggle to fill it in the early stages of the domestic cups and the Europa League. But CL and PL matches will probably sell out most of the time.

Gonna be great. Can't wait till 2027!

Getting a bit ahead of yourself there. Crossrail 2 is not due to open until 2035. That's the improved transport links Danny is holding out for.

haven't had time to get back with the earlier chat as I am super busy and just don't have the time, but I will.

Anyway quick answer

arse 56.6m

To maximise revenues, yes. Clubs who got new stadia which the couldn't fill - Sunderland and City (pre-Sheikh) - found that people stopped buying season tickets because they could pick and choose the games they went to and there was enough space to meet demand for big games (e.g. City didn't sell out all Manchester derbies).

So the key is that there is enough demand for the bigger games that people still buy season tickets.

The poor attendances at these clubs are because people who have tickets for league games choose not to go.

My guess is that we would need to be heavily oversubscribed for the big games (Arsenal, United, etc) and able to quickly sell out games like West Ham, Sunderland, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but wouldn't need to sell out against Wigan and Stoke. Then it would be difficult to get tickets, and impossible for the biggest games, which would force people to get the season tickets even if they don't want to see all the league games. I don't think this level of demand will be a problem, although empty seats would be disappointing.

Cup games would have a different dynamic. People can choose so we would need variable and imaginative pricing to get good attendances in all games, e.g. very cheap tickets for kids for the league cup, etc.

Last edited:

If it wasnt priced ridiculously then yes, but knowing Levy it will be 15-20k empty most games as the prices will be sky high

If it wasnt priced ridiculously then yes, but knowing Levy it will be 15-20k empty most games as the prices will be sky high

15-20k regular seats empty (even much less than that) would not be acceptable to the overall commercial model.

The biggest revenue stream will be hospitality sales. If regular tickets are available in a nice new stadium, where general admission is going to be a better experience, then the club will not sell as many corporate tickets.

The club needs the regular seats to be sold out to create a consistent sense of exclusivity around long term hospitality packages, and for normal fans to take up the extra capacity by upgrading for special events or big games.

Probably why we hear about the 'X thousand' waiting list so frequently.

It would make sense to try to sell as many multi-season hospitality packages and debentures as possible before the stadium opens, and being able to quote figures of consistently long waiting lists season after season will be a useful marketing tool.

I don't think even price will be much of a problem to be honest. We currently have just over 24,000 season ticket holders in a 36,260 seater. That equates to around 67% of the overall capacity. Basing the same % of season ticket holders at the new stadium which is going to be 56,250 approx if my memory serves me right, will equate to around 38,250 season ticket holders. They may well wish to push that up a little further and offer out to a further 1750 people on the waiting list and take the amount in the new stadium to 40,000. Add the compulsory 3,000 away fans to 43,000 plus all the corporates and not alot is left for just members again.

I would say maybe 10,000 or so? Generally they will go pretty easily even with a price increase. Of course that doesnt mean to say with reduced away allocation for the smaller teams that the extra tickets will still get sold but I doubt we would ever see anything for league games resembling more than maybe 1,000/1,500 tickets available and unsold, we just ahve too many people who even on a game by game basis would be happy to pay for a ticket against even the lowliest of clubs.

does anyone know how many non season ticket/non box seats we have at WHL?

does anyone know how many non season ticket/non box seats we have at WHL?

in my day...when I were a Lad...you had to walk all the way from Waithamstow to WHL.
There were no buses going direct to WHL..NO Trains No tube..I always thought that was a bit odd..considering we were the Bigest Club in the Country in the early sixties.
Walthamstow joins with Tottenham..they are boundary Towns!

I just thought I'd throw that bit of completely irrelevent info in.

Anyway..lol...Season tickets were very much in the minority.There were about 6 to 7000 if that... in the west stand and there may have been some in the seats above the old shelf. You simply cannot get a ticket on matchday To-day unless you are lucky.

If people new they had a good chance of buying a seat on the day our ground capacity would shoot up if there were room!

This is a pity because I still think even today there is a huge loss in supporters because of this!

New Atlanta Falcons stadium

[video=youtube_share;2xvpoHDtNkk]http://youtu.be/2xvpoHDtNkk[/video]

Back