• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

Season ticket prices were frozen but individual games went up right?

I do think it's important to distinguish the commitment of STs paying in advance and committing to the tickets irrespective of current form and games being rescheduled to other days and times. If the demand for day trippers isn't there due to the increased then prices will fall accordingly but if STs go too high then those who who aren't in the highest brackets of loyalty points might choose to cherry pick bigger/ better scheduled games on a more adhoc basis.

A season and a half at Wembley sitting with random really showed me the importance of sitting with a similar set of fans with the same expectations of what going to a match involves.

Not sure if they still do it but I'm sure we used to give a few hundred away to local schools/ community projects and I think it might be more useful to look at these type of opportunities to open game attendance to people it might be out of reach for due to the pricing levels.

Not sure what type of realistic discount protestors are looking for but I don't think 5-10 would change the decision attend, but a small % redistributed for the scenario I suggested would be a good thing to do.

Not sure what child prices are like but maybe that's something that could be looked as the impact on a family going may be more significant?
Child and concession tickets are non existent in reality
The club don’t even define how many they will sell anymore
A family of 4 casual fans would pay about £250 I reckon

I think the issue is the it’s all exponential and no longer the “working man’s game” in the mind of many

but the lads I know who complain about the most are the ones comparing their are no trains next Saturdays so they can’t get their beer fix @£7 a pint …

maybe it’s me but I’m of the view are you going for the game or are you going for the pee up. Most spurs fans are the latter. We don’t win things. The football has got worse until recently. London is accessible. So suits becomes a really focal point for a good pee up at the football. When local drink prices changed in the area it was all over twitter. People wanted to know where to go to save a few shillings. But people wouldn’t blink if chick king out a £1 on every meal.

prices are prices. They rarely if ever go down. But as @scaramanga once said as a business, they’re not high enough until people stop going. Crazy I know but true from a business sense

The working man's game line is such an inaccuracy to cover a multitude of points, but it never rings true for me anymore. More because who decides who is a working man, I know plenty of scaffs and builders earning an absolute fortune who have some of the more expensive tickets and also treat themselves to hospitality now and then.

The reality is its not affordable for the poorer and that's sad, of course it is, but that's been the way for longer than I can remember.

Based on the limited loss of actual revenue i wouldn't mind football having a social ticketing pool over the league where people can at least apply for an area of affordable even free tickets based on circumstances, but that's never likely to happen

The working man's game line is such an inaccuracy to cover a multitude of points, but it never rings true for me anymore. More because who decides who is a working man, I know plenty of scaffs and builders earning an absolute fortune who have some of the more expensive tickets and also treat themselves to hospitality now and then.

The reality is its not affordable for the poorer and that's sad, of course it is, but that's been the way for longer than I can remember.

Based on the limited loss of actual revenue i wouldn't mind football having a social ticketing pool over the league where people can at least apply for an area of affordable even free tickets based on circumstances, but that's never likely to happen
That would be way too sensible
I mean people in Tottenham itself would struggle to buy tickets for sure

Season ticket prices were frozen but individual games went up right?

I do think it's important to distinguish the commitment of STs paying in advance and committing to the tickets irrespective of current form and games being rescheduled to other days and times. If the demand for day trippers isn't there due to the increased then prices will fall accordingly but if STs go too high then those who who aren't in the highest brackets of loyalty points might choose to cherry pick bigger/ better scheduled games on a more adhoc basis.

A season and a half at Wembley sitting with random really showed me the importance of sitting with a similar set of fans with the same expectations of what going to a match involves.

Not sure if they still do it but I'm sure we used to give a few hundred away to local schools/ community projects and I think it might be more useful to look at these type of opportunities to open game attendance to people it might be out of reach for due to the pricing levels.

Not sure what type of realistic discount protestors are looking for but I don't think 5-10 would change the decision attend, but a small % redistributed for the scenario I suggested would be a good thing to do.

Not sure what child prices are like but maybe that's something that could be looked as the impact on a family going may be more significant?

Prices of General Admission STs were frozen, but Premium STs were increased (I don't know by how much). So that's ~42,000 fans who did not see their ticket price increased. At the risk of sounding all "I'm alright Jack", that is pretty significant. I think Spurs were one of the few PL clubs who held these prices. I don't think this gets highlighted enough.

Membership fees increased, as did the price for individual games for non-STs. So it was a double whammy really for Members who attend games regularly. I do think the way the club went about it was questionable, i.e. they announced the sale-dates for each game, but no mention of the price increase. This only became evident when someone noticed it. I do think if you are going to hike your fees, then be transparent and announce it, and the reasons why. You could also question whether the incremental increase in match day revenue from imposing the higher ticket prices in the midst of the current cost of living crisis is worth the bad publicity. I'd say the answer is obvious by every game being sold out. Plus how widely does that bad publicity really reach, outside of the Spurs fanbase, anyway?

I suspect next year we will see the price for individual match tickets frozen, but STs will increase - so a kind of levelling up, to coin a phrase.

There are issues with concessions, with fewer seats being made available at concession prices. This is definitely something the Fan Advisory Board should be pushing the club on, especially concessions for children. We need the younger generations of match-going fans to keep coming through and affordable ticket prices is one factor that will help enable this.

To your question about local schools etc., I believe there is a quota of either STs or match-day tickets (or both) that are available for residents of Haringey and Enfield - that was part of planning approval conditions iirc. But whether others are held back and distributed specifically to local groups and schools I don't know. My guess would be no, or only on an occasional basis.

I would 100% click an option to gift my STs when me or the nephew don't use them to someone in a social struggle too, rather than selling it on
It’s a good idea TBF
Imagine brining in new fans by other fans giving away their tickets
Quite a modern concept

It’s a good idea TBF
Imagine brining in new fans by other fans giving away their tickets
Quite a modern concept

Its difficult to give your ticket away unless its to someone with the credentials via the system. Imagine the club had the ability to pool in those gifted tickets and give to a local social cause. I would 100% gift them, would be great for a club like Spurs who actually do alot locally to lead something like that. Might send in the idea haha

Its difficult to give your ticket away unless its to someone with the credentials via the system. Imagine the club had the ability to pool in those gifted tickets and give to a local social cause. I would 100% gift them, would be great for a club like Spurs who actually do alot locally to lead something like that. Might send in the idea haha
Tell the trust
They can volunteer the idea

There have always been fans who have complained about ticket prices and there will be some who always will. The thing is a lot of those who complain think nothing about going out and having a overpriced nosebag ( talking about going out to be seen at top resturants), paying fortunes for the latest video games, boy toys, getting tinkled,nose candy etc,etc.

As the old saying goes " you touch yourself and takes your choice"

Embarrassing as ever.

Including :
1710419569887.png
But....
Rule 8 :
R.8. Concessionary ticket prices must be made available by each of the Home and Visiting Clubs for:
R.8.1. senior citizens; and
R.8.2. junior supporters.

So the club are complying (at least until all current Senior STs no longer have STs). Maybe not entirely with the spirit of the rule; maybe not with as much of a pricing concession that people might like; But they are complying.
A simple detail to check and a simple rule to understand. But they get it wrong.

(I'm not arguing in favour of the change, just pointing out if you are going to go bothering people in positions of seniority in their organisations, and do so publicly, get your facts right).

And pick one fight. Not both the 6% increase and the diluting of the senior concession.
But I am sure Richard Masters has already been on the phone to Levy (one of his employers in a kind of a way) berating him for doing what others are also doing.

Embarrassing as ever.

Including :
View attachment 16889
But....
Rule 8 :
R.8. Concessionary ticket prices must be made available by each of the Home and Visiting Clubs for:

So the club are complying (at least until all current Senior STs no longer have STs). Maybe not entirely with the spirit of the rule; maybe not with as much of a pricing concession that people might like; But they are complying.
A simple detail to check and a simple rule to understand. But they get it wrong.

(I'm not arguing in favour of the change, just pointing out if you are going to go bothering people in positions of seniority in their organisations, and do so publicly, get your facts right).

And pick one fight. Not both the 6% increase and the diluting of the senior concession.
But I am sure Richard Masters has already been on the phone to Levy (one of his employers in a kind of a way) berating him for doing what others are also doing.

Exactly, I think there is some merit to their complaints but this sort of social media stunt just makes them look pretty pathetic in my opinion.

Embarrassing as ever.

Including :
View attachment 16889
But....
Rule 8 :

Nothing new

It's always been one of my major complaints about them, it's very clear they have no idea how to engage with senior executives of a £500M+/yr business.

They really do have a high opinion of themselves. grandeur can also relate to social status or importance that someone perceives themselves to have.

I've sent an email to all and sundry.

Let's see, will be a good experiment on Spurs politics if nothing else
Did anyone reply?

As for Spurs increasing prices by 6% after many years of no rises at all; they are reaping their own stupidity, they should have increased all prices by 1% every year and would be getting a lot more revenue PLUS a lot better media coverage.

Back