• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

From where this club was before they took over to where it is now i will always be a supporter of Levy, will i always agree with some of his antics? obviously not but the bigger picture is how far we have come as a club.

Like everyone else in life we all make mistakes and Levy is no exception, but they are far outnumbered by the good he has done for our club and where we are in todays game.

Does anyone know if this lot give credit to Levy where its due, or does that not suit their agenda? I mean, we're all bathing in yesterday's result, the atmosphere, the manager, the players, and they are all there because of one man.

There is no distinction between them and the ENIC out lot now, so no, it doesn't suit their agenda at all.

As many supporters will be aware, we had planned to stage our second ticket pricing demonstration on Saturday.

Our first demonstration before last month’s match against Manchester United was a huge success and it was our intention to repeat and build on that before our game against Sheffield United last weekend.

Sadly, due to the unavailability of a number of board members due to illness we were unable to stage the demonstration in the way we had planned.

Even 30 minutes before the planned 2pm start we had board members in the area with the plan to proceed.

When it became apparent the demonstration could not be executed to the standards we had hoped, one board member stayed in the area and spoke to a number of supporters to explain the issues encountered. We would like to thank those who were there for attending and those who exchanged their details on Saturday for future case studies highlighting how they are being priced out of the game.

We will detail our next steps shortly and apologise to those supporters who came to join us on Saturday.

Currently we have two meetings arranged with the Club so we can discuss the finer points of our ticketing campaign and will update members as and when those meetings go ahead.

Our Fan Advisory Board members have also raised our concerns directly with Club Chairman Daniel Levy.

Bit odd…

I'm intrigued as to what the finer points of their ticketing campaign actually is?

Maybe they plan to stage a giant game of "pass the message" within the stadium culminating in someone whispering in Levy's ear "the cricket grasses are your spy"

I'm intrigued as to what the finer points of their ticketing campaign actually is?

Maybe they plan to stage a giant game of "pass the message" within the stadium culminating in someone whispering in Levy's ear "the cricket grasses are your spy"

"Mr Levy it's put to you that you can't run a 3bn empire proficiently anymore"

"Emmm how did your 50 strong protest go"

"We failed to turn up and tell our members that we were not coming"

........crickets

If you think the tickets cost too much, don't buy them. If enough people did that then they would reduce the price.
They'll never do that. They know as well as we do that if they didn't buy their tickets, there are plenty in the queue who will.

Given the fact that there are so few empty seats for PL matches, I'm amazed the prices are as low as they are.

They'll never do that. They know as well as we do that if they didn't buy their tickets, there are plenty in the queue who will.

Given the fact that there are so few empty seats for PL matches, I'm amazed the prices are as low as they are.

This, English fans are fudging clueless

Go watch our match days, see how many Korean, American (and now we will have Aussie) fans turn up.

Go watch American sport ticket prices in leagues that play way more games than football and see where it could go.

And the more the same fans who cry about the game going away from the working man, then bitch and demand more owner investment, guess what happens? look at Fulham ticket prices, Brighton will probably drop a nice surprise on their fans soon enough.

This, English fans are fudging clueless

Go watch our match days, see how many Korean, American (and now we will have Aussie) fans turn up.

Go watch American sport ticket prices in leagues that play way more games than football and see where it could go.

And the more the same fans who cry about the game going away from the working man, then bitch and demand more owner investment, guess what happens? look at Fulham ticket prices, Brighton will probably drop a nice surprise on their fans soon enough.

Football gets a bad rep but without looking I'm pretty sure price increases have trended alot slower that alot of comparable sports/entertainment its certainly a lower % increase to a number of luxuries like beer and eating out etc.

I always found it slightly hard to listen to, stood in the Bill Nic hearing blokes moan about the price having seen them lay out fortunes in beer from 12am and sticking fortunes up their nose only to moan about the cost of why they are actually there and that's to support the side they love. I know it's more nuanced than that and there are a genuine element who can't afford to go, but I wouldn't imagine that's changed in modern times considering it was around £45 a ticket in the west stand 20 odd years ago and its now what? £65

Last edited:
Football gets a bad rep but without looking I'm pretty sure price increases have trended alot slower that alot of comparable sports/entertainment its certainly a lower % increase to a number of luxuries like beer and eating out etc.

I always found it slightly hard to bear stood in the Bill Nic listening to blokes moan about the price having seen them lay out fortunes in beer from 12am and sticking fortunes up their nose only to moan about the cost of why they are actually there and that's to support the side they love. I know it's more nuanced than that and there are a genuine element who can't afford to go, but I wouldn't imagine that's changed in modern times considering it was around £45 a ticket in the west stand 20 odd years ago and its not what? £65
I think the issue is the it’s all exponential and no longer the “working man’s game” in the mind of many

but the lads I know who complain about the most are the ones comparing their are no trains next Saturdays so they can’t get their beer fix @£7 a pint …

maybe it’s me but I’m of the view are you going for the game or are you going for the pee up. Most spurs fans are the latter. We don’t win things. The football has got worse until recently. London is accessible. So suits becomes a really focal point for a good pee up at the football. When local drink prices changed in the area it was all over twitter. People wanted to know where to go to save a few shillings. But people wouldn’t blink if chick king out a £1 on every meal.

prices are prices. They rarely if ever go down. But as @scaramanga once said as a business, they’re not high enough until people stop going. Crazy I know but true from a business sense

Interestingly they were at loggerheads a year back about protests clashing. Now they have morphed....
It’s the ex leaders moving over finally to the dark side
They have always wanted too
They can now antagonise from afar with their previous following and sit back and enjoy it

Season ticket prices were frozen but individual games went up right?

I do think it's important to distinguish the commitment of STs paying in advance and committing to the tickets irrespective of current form and games being rescheduled to other days and times. If the demand for day trippers isn't there due to the increased then prices will fall accordingly but if STs go too high then those who who aren't in the highest brackets of loyalty points might choose to cherry pick bigger/ better scheduled games on a more adhoc basis.

A season and a half at Wembley sitting with random really showed me the importance of sitting with a similar set of fans with the same expectations of what going to a match involves.

Not sure if they still do it but I'm sure we used to give a few hundred away to local schools/ community projects and I think it might be more useful to look at these type of opportunities to open game attendance to people it might be out of reach for due to the pricing levels.

Not sure what type of realistic discount protestors are looking for but I don't think 5-10 would change the decision attend, but a small % redistributed for the scenario I suggested would be a good thing to do.

Not sure what child prices are like but maybe that's something that could be looked as the impact on a family going may be more significant?

Back