• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

Conte has not been left to face the media though, he is no different to any manager in the league, he has thrown his toys out the pram for something that every other manger in the league has to deal with and to some extent he has created this storm in a teacup.

The clubs vision was set out by Fab before and is in the clubs previous statements within the financial reports, clearly stating that the club was looking at a plan in which money made would be reinvested into the squad

Maybe the board are not reacting to the jumping up and down because they are doing what they said they would do and don't see this faux crisis thats being created? Maybe

true but with a manager on a short contract, would be great to see paratici or the thfc board just echo the same things as Conte as a show of unity. can't hurt anyone and even if things go wrong, no one can fault them for being professional and sending a coherent message to enforce the clubs' view of change and success.

The response from the club is a bit more than i felt they would give.

Essentially confirmed/reiterated that the end goal of all commercial activity is to invest back in to the team with the aim being to 'challenge for and win major honours'

Not sure if I've seen such a straight forward statement of intent from the club before wrt on the pitch goals

Thought that it was a good response from the club, in particular the bit which @billyiddo refers to relating to the virtuous circle of success both commercially and on the pitch generating more revenues which enables more success which...

In my view this trust is a bunch of nobodies with too much time on their hands. I'm not really sure how much of the fan base they represent. Its good of the club to tolerate them though

Essentially confirmed/reiterated that the end goal of all commercial activity is to invest back in to the team with the aim being to 'challenge for and win major honours'

Not sure if I've seen such a straight forward statement of intent from the club before wrt on the pitch goals

The exact mission statement we all knew anyway which goes to show that the trust either did not listen or was playing up to the fans (I am going with the later

The exact mission statement we all knew anyway which goes to show that the trust either did not listen or was playing up to the fans (I am going with the later

If we all knew it there wouldn't be so many supporters questioning their intentions.
There are people who genuinely can't see the club is reinvesting the money it makes back in - had some fella on my Facebook yesterday saying Paratici is working on a Championship budget ffs

If we all knew it there wouldn't be so many supporters questioning their intentions.
There are people who genuinely can't see the club is reinvesting the money it makes back in - had some fella on my Facebook yesterday saying Paratici is working on a Championship budget ffs

Yeh very true but those that don't know it either don't look for it or ignore it because it does not suit the agenda.

For the Karens Club to go after the board for something they knew already existed is embarrassing, but like I say they did it for showmanship and clout "look at us we will go after the board on your behalf"

Despite Conte and his so called frustrations, even he has come out with the vision

yeah there would, because they want it to be something else, they don't care what it costs, they just want someone else to pay

yeah there would, because they want it to be something else, they don't care what it costs, they just want someone else to pay

Some of them are so thick that they even wanted and lauded a Russian criminal, a bloke who it eventually transpired never put in his own money and put the debt on the club, leaving the club and nearly sending it to the wall. I mean thats the level they are working with

Was surprised at the warning to chelsea that ffp is being replaced. (90% this year, 80% next, 70% 2025).

I normally avoid that cesspit twitter but went on to see what was being said. There really is some idiots on there, did they even read the answers?
I only read a few comments but a common theme was "no mention of winning trophies".
It literally mentions winning trophies: "We want to be consistently qualifying for the Champions League and challenging for and winning major honours."
The idiots have already made up their minds about what it's going to say before they read it and that's it.

Main takeaways from me was that we saw a loss of circa £200m due to COVID.
And "Since opening the stadium in April 2019 we have spent more than £500m putting us in the top quartile of spending in the Premier League" i.e. top 5.

I normally avoid that cesspit twitter but went on to see what was being said. There really is some idiots on there, did they even read the answers?
I only read a few comments but a common theme was "no mention of winning trophies".
It literally mentions winning trophies: "We want to be consistently qualifying for the Champions League and challenging for and winning major honours."
The idiots have already made up their minds about what it's going to say before they read it and that's it.
Haha exactly it's a joke they even pushed the club on info that was widely available but it's because, as you say, people are ignoring what's out there because they have made up their mind. Its a mockery that the trust even pushed for a strategy that was widely known, they have really swallowed the Enic out bile and not really used their heads here

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Haha exactly it's a joke they even pushed the club on info that was widely available but it's because, as you say, people are ignoring what's out there because they have made up their mind. Its a mockery that the trust even pushed for a strategy that was widely known, they have really swallowed the Enic out bile and not really used their heads here

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Even the question about conte you could just watch any of his press conferences when he's asked about it.

Even the question about conte you could just watch any of his press conferences when he's asked about it.

Exactly that, anyone paying attention knows the strategy

I would say its more people not agreeing with it, which is fine, but to go out to the club, as the official fan body who would know the strategy, its embarrassing.

I think the Karens should be looking at genuine fan issues like the away ticket situation which allows a small group of fans to monopolise every away allocation regardless if they are actually there themselves or not

Some of them are so thick that they even wanted and lauded a Russian criminal, a bloke who it eventually transpired never put in his own money and put the debt on the club, leaving the club and nearly sending it to the wall. I mean thats the level they are working with
Who was that?

I don't really have a problem with a Supporter's Trust questioning their club hierarchy and putting forward fans' feelings, it is one of the things they should be doing (not just moaning though). But THST are just so terrible at how they do it, It is embarrassing.
I also appreciate that they are in a bit of a battle to appear relevant. There are plenty of fans who think they are nothing more than a mouthpiece for the club and don't go in anywhere near hard enough. So they are treading a line.
But you can just tell they were waiting to review the club's response from a position of distrust, expecting, maybe even hoping for, something they could criticise. Now maybe that distrust is borne out of being kept out of the loop in the ESL stuff (what did they really expect?), but they come across as bitter and entitled.

I thought the answers from the club were reasonable on the whole. Nothing hugely unexpected, although good to see the acknowledgement about previous unsuccessful recruitment and the impact that is having on finances - but then as pointed out above, the questions weren't especially challenging, as most of what they asked has already been covered anyway. I'm not so sure about the comment of there being a clear pathway from the academy to the first team - that no longer seems to be the case, but could equally be due to it being so much harder to break through into a CL-level team rather than a mid-table one.

Ultimately it won't make any difference to those who are steadfast in their desire for ENIC to sell up. There's nothing the club could say that would change their view anyway. Personally I'm not averse to the idea of new owners should ENIC decide to sell (although I may have reservations about who the buyers are) but I do think, having got us to this stage with the stadium, that Levy deserves the time for the benefits it will bring to bear fruit.

I’m pleased to see the word ‘winning’ in that sentence, previously it has always been just ‘challenging for’ I think.

I don't really have a problem with a Supporter's Trust questioning their club hierarchy and putting forward fans' feelings, it is one of the things they should be doing (not just moaning though). But THST are just so terrible at how they do it, It is embarrassing.
I also appreciate that they are in a bit of a battle to appear relevant. There are plenty of fans who think they are nothing more than a mouthpiece for the club and don't go in anywhere near hard enough. So they are treading a line.
But you can just tell they were waiting to review the club's response from a position of distrust, expecting, maybe even hoping for, something they could criticise. Now maybe that distrust is borne out of being kept out of the loop in the ESL stuff (what did they really expect?), but they come across as bitter and entitled.

I thought the answers from the club were reasonable on the whole. Nothing hugely unexpected, although good to see the acknowledgement about previous unsuccessful recruitment and the impact that is having on finances - but then as pointed out above, the questions weren't especially challenging, as most of what they asked has already been covered anyway. I'm not so sure about the comment of there being a clear pathway from the academy to the first team - that no longer seems to be the case, but could equally be due to it being so much harder to break through into a CL-level team rather than a mid-table one.

Ultimately it won't make any difference to those who are steadfast in their desire for ENIC to sell up. There's nothing the club could say that would change their view anyway. Personally I'm not averse to the idea of new owners should ENIC decide to sell (although I may have reservations about who the buyers are) but I do think, having got us to this stage with the stadium, that Levy deserves the time for the benefits it will bring to bear fruit.
One thing that I hope the chairman understands is that the main reason we had some poor recruitment is because we had a poor, cheap recruitment team.

Back