• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Top 5 movies.

Tough to choose, many more could be listed - but ones I tend to go back to;-

Blues Brothers
Dredd (2012)
Aliens
Battle of Britain
Trading Places (JLC's tits win through)

But like seriously, five?!? Just five?!? :(

Screamers, The Frightener's, Back to the Future, Tomorrow When the War Began, Young Guns, Three Kings, Lock Stock, Ice Pirates, LoTR - the list goes on.

Haha. Yes. Swiss Cottage Oden would host us for free via the side exit :)

Now teenagers watch TikTok. And a series trumps a movie. The magic of cinema is a bygone thing: Cinema Paradiso anyone? Probably not a top 5 but sweet film. In a grey post-war world I am sure cinema provided dreams, aspirations and escapism when all people had otherwise was printed media.

Storytelling is deeply embedded in human consciousness, but now its in 20-second hits.

Oh you were posh. Swiss Cottage.

Haha. Yes. Swiss Cottage Oden would host us for free via the side exit :)

Now teenagers watch TikTok. And a series trumps a movie. The magic of cinema is a bygone thing: Cinema Paradiso anyone? Probably not a top 5 but sweet film. In a grey post-war world I am sure cinema provided dreams, aspirations and escapism when all people had otherwise was printed media.

Storytelling is deeply embedded in human consciousness, but now its in 20-second hits.
I used to get I for free at the old Bedford cinema as my mates Nan was manager
We saw loads of 18 films when we were 12 but we had to sit in the lower area where ninnies else could
The screen was massive (was largest in the country for a long time) and we would lie on the floor

So hard to pick just 5, but in no particular order;

I Saw the Devil
Martyrs (original French)
Predator
Aliens
Pulp Fiction
Get Out

Whoops that's six. Could actually do a whole list of just Tarantino.

Actually surprised somebody else had i saw the devil. Oldboy seems to get more attention.

South korean films are so good though.

We use to have 2 local "flea pits" that showed older films, they showed 2 films mon-wed and changed for 2 more thurs-sat, always X film on Sunday. They were The Court and The Gainsford.

Actually surprised somebody else had i saw the devil. Oldboy seems to get more attention.

South korean films are so good though.

Yeah, Oldboy is great but I Saw the Devil is different level. Brutally brilliant.

Other Korean films, The Wailing and The Witch are a good watch too.

A top 5 list is never easy as it is rarely accurate and rarely consistent. If you asked me my top 5 list in a few days it could be very different. Right now….

1. Lord of the Rings trilogy (counting it as one as it is a continued story where all parts are inegral to the full story and to have it as one film is better in this than to take up three places in the list.)
2. Back to the Future
3. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
4. Ghostbusters
5. Blade

Are those the best movies ever? No. But they are 5 of my favourites. The likes of Inception, Prestige and many others could be interchanged but give me those top 5 back in the cinema, enough junk food to last the weekend and that would be a weekend well spent for me!

The Empire Strikes Back
The Lives of Others
Withnail and I
The Exorcist
Harold and Maude

That was tough, but I've gone with my heart and not my brain on these...

As someone has already said, these 5 could change often, but will try to place the ones I have watched the most here...

A Clockwork Orange
The Shining
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
The Witch
Nil By Mouth

Honourable mention for Lynn Ramsey's Ratcatcher and Samantha Morton's The Unloved, plus the Scarlet Johansson film Under The Skin, the original Let The Right One In, and last but not least, Steve McQueen's Small Axe series of films...

Can I start on my top Mike Leigh, Ken Loach and Lindsay Anderson films now???

This was not just five was it...:D

Back