• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Top 5 movies.

I feel awkward in this thread despite it being a very good one, apologies for all the aggression/ hatred thrown your way.

1. The Meaning of Life.
2. La Haine.
3. Dogma.
4. Monster Inc (Sorry it may be a "kids film" but it's fudging glorious
5. True Romance.

Argue with me about any of my decisions until you die, it will be worth it but you will also lose.

Last edited:
I feel awkward in this thread despite it being a very good one, apologies for all the aggression/ hatred thrown your way.

1. The Meaning of Life.
2. La Haine.
3. Dogma.
4. Monster Inc (Sorry it may be a "kids film" but it's fudging glorious
5. True Romance.

Argue with me about any of my decisions until you die, it will be worth it but you will also lose.

There are no right or wrong answers. They're your favourite films. Just thought it would be interesting. La haine for instance i've not heard of before.

Rififi - the daddy of all heist movies.
Pulp Fiction - still a quality film today and was pioneering.
The Intouchables - just a cute simple film.
JungleBook (original one, watched it on shrooms, and only enhanced a beautiful film!)
Seven Samurai - a ground breaking archetypal film/story that others have copied in various guises (Mr Lucas and Starwars for example).

Last edited:
Jaws
Alien
Godfather
Platoon
Sideways

So many though TBH, honourable mentions list would be like the extras for Ben Hur (another big favourite of mine)

Great Post BTW

Last edited:
Rififi - the daddy of all heist movies.
Pulp Fiction - still a quality film today and was pioneering.
The Intouchables - just a cute simple film.
JungleBook (original one, watched it on shrooms, and only enhanced a beautiful film!)
Seven Samurai - a ground breaking archetypal film/story that others have copied in various guises (Mr Lucas and Starwars for example).

2 of my favourites there, Rififi and Seven Samurai, do you mean original Jungle Book or Disney animation?

2 of my favourites there, Rififi and Seven Samurai, do you mean original Jungle Book or Disney animation?

Original! Haven't seen the remake. Should also read the book at some point.

Rififi isn't commonly known, but is a brilliant heist film before the genre existed. Made by a communist fleeing US McCarthyism. Like Seven Samurai, you can see elements of it in other contemporary films. Once you get past the film being in black and white, both Seven Samurai and Rififi are top draw.

Original! Haven't seen the remake. Should also read the book at some point.

Rififi isn't commonly known, but is a brilliant heist film before the genre existed. Made by a communist fleeing US McCarthyism. Like Seven Samurai, you can see elements of it in other contemporary films. Once you get past the film being in black and white, both Seven Samurai and Rififi are top draw.

I grew up in a black & white world. Jungle book was magical film to me as a kid and got me reading Kipling, not very PC now days but good adventure stories.

I'm not one for art house, high brow, preachy or overly violent movies.
When i watch a i want to leave my troubles, and sometimes my brian, at the door and be entertained.
So my tastes are rather plebeian. I enjoy most of the super hero, marvel, LOTR and hobbit films (although they aren't actually the lotr or the hobbit imo), the bond reboot, the Bournes and alien movie.
I'm of an age where the original star wars trilogy will always have a special place in my world, the rest are rubbish.

Five favourite are probably,
Blazing saddles
Life of brian
Breakfast club
The devil rides out
Gone with the wind.

As an add on a couple of movies i would recommend that many may or may not have seen or heard of,
Witness for the prosecution
Anatomy of a murder
The day the earth caught fire
Night of the demon.

Back