• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

Agree with Bullet he isn't mentioned by commentators because half of them still don't know who he is.
Danny Murphy praised his pass that set away the goal on Sunday "as other great ball by Wimmer".
Not just commentators either - a fair few on GG come to that (cough K.D.D.D.D.Soc, Grimsby to name but two).

Yes indeed it was Carroll's pass in Sunday's game that started the move when he put Onomah through in the 8th minute. Josh then put a sweet ball into the box for Chadli which allowed the Belgian the space to shoot and Eriksen to follow-up on Schmeichel's punched clearance to bury it in the back of the net.

Carroll has started 4 league games for us, losing 2, drawing 1 and winning 1 with a last min goal. Our midfield struggles when he starts. He is simply not good enough to start any league matches now. He should only come on as a late sub until he proves his worth more.

Carroll has started 4 league games for us, losing 2, drawing 1 and winning 1 with a last min goal. Our midfield struggles when he starts. He is simply not good enough to start any league matches now. He should only come on as a late sub until he proves his worth more.

Out of interest, how many of those losses was he directly at fault for or is he just getting the blame by virtue of being on the pitch?

I'd agree our midfield struggled but speaking of he started in both games we lost is just non-sense. We remain unbeaten in both games before he was subbed.

Last edited:
Out of interest, how many of those losses was he directly at fault for or is he just getting the blame by virtue of being on the pitch?

In both of them he wasn't on the pitch when they scored so you could argue none

I'd still prefer Dembele or Alli playing there

I think that it is difficult to move Alli back considering the rapour that he has built up with Kane. I am sure that Dembele will be back in the first team when he is match fit.

This for me too. Alli gives us so much in that #10 role. Carroll has done well filling in for Dembele and the criticism from some is way over the top.

Looking at the performance yesterday we were clearly the better team. Their chances came mainly from some set pieces and big individual errors that were not from Carroll.

This for me too. Alli gives us so much in that #10 role. Carroll has done well filling in for Dembele and the criticism from some is way over the top.

Looking at the performance yesterday we were clearly the better team. Their chances came mainly from some set pieces and big individual errors that were not from Carroll.

Try sitting where I was. Block 33 row 14 and 15 seats 28 ish in both rows . Absolute negative macarons constantly moaning about Carroll and Davies. Even when Carroll was subbed. Absolute Aholes of the highest order

The older guy in row 15 always has a hate victim. It was David Bentley for a while even when he wasn't playing

Try sitting where I was. Block 33 row 14 and 15 seats 28 ish in both rows . Absolute negative macarons constantly moaning about Carroll and Davies. Even when Carroll was subbed. Absolute Aholes of the highest order

The older guy in row 15 always has a hate victim. It was David Bentley for a while even when he wasn't playing

At least that one's understandable

Luckily I haven't been watching the games with any negative macarons recently. Though I feel for you, can take a lot of the enjoyment out of the game...

Davies was excellent yesterday. Along with Verts our best defender on the day and one of our best players overall I thought. Carroll wasn't one of our best, but did fine. All imo.

That does my head in

Good game for Carroll tonight. Showed the attributes he has, brought it to the team and was an important part of a good passing performance. Always looking for the ball, trying to get on the ball, slick passes when he gets it, always available for one-twos.

And - great assist. Class. Ball comes towards him, he's already got head on pivot, sees an opportunity to set Son away and doesn't even bother with a touch - lovely deft round the corner almost ball played at pace, gets Son isolated up against their fb.

Great sign for us that Poch is developing the squad to the extent that people like Carroll can come in and be so assured in games like this.

Hah. Just made the same comment about Carroll's awareness on the Son thread. Great to see players that attuned to the possibilities. Nice touch on the pass, too. He'd be in the starting 11 every week on half the teams in the league.

s
Good game for Carroll tonight. Showed the attributes he has, brought it to the team and was an important part of a good passing performance. Always looking for the ball, trying to get on the ball, slick passes when he gets it, always available for one-twos.

And - great assist. Class. Ball comes towards him, he's already got head on pivot, sees an opportunity to set Son away and doesn't even bother with a touch - lovely deft round the corner almost ball played at pace, gets Son isolated up against their fb.

Great sign for us that Poch is developing the squad to the extent that people like Carroll can come in and be so assured in games like this.

Love the way he uses space to his advantage too. There was a moment in the second half where he looked like he was about to get crowded out and he dropped his shoulder and let the ball run past him without even touching it, suddenly he was in acres and able to pick out a lovely pass to Davies.

Always thought he looked promising and it looks like he might now be starting to show it (although he needs to kick on in the next few months if he's going to nail down a place in the team).

Its amazing the depth we have in midfield at the moment. If you'd told a United or Liverpool (or probably even Spurs fan!) at the start of last season that we would go into 2015/2016 season with Dele Alli, Ryan Mason, Mousa Dembele, Nabil Bentaleb, Eric Dier and Tom Carroll as our choice of central midfielders they would have laughed their balls off.

Once again, a great job by Poch.

Carroll always seems to grow into games. He started quite poorly yesterday and looked a bit lost for the first 20 minutes but once he found his place on the pitch, he started to flourish. He's ALWAYS available to receive the ball which is a trait that can't be taught to everyone and he does have good vision (see Son's goal last night) but I do think he's a little too slow on the ball and too weak in the tackle to be playing deep.

I know it's not about I told you so's but I hope a few people are looking back at their comments and reconsidering their hastiness.

It was a good game for him, although even as a big fan of him it was by no means perfect, a few misplaced places here and there and also a few times where I believe he could have really could have come away with the ball but didn't.

As noted, such a key feature is his ability to keep his head up and release the ball quickly, which pays off when around players who have that spark but need the ball fed in good areas.

People putting him down as a squad player in a negative sense need to wise up about the demands of a season and the different aspects and styles we have in our possession to adapt to different opposition.

Back