• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

What is funny is you are apparently ignoring every compliment I have given him and focused on my comments about him misplacing passes. I will criticise him similarly to the way I criticise Bentaleb for his cross field passes that get intercepted and lead to dangerous counters.

I think that it is best that we leave it because this conversation doesn't seem to be going anywhere and it must be boring the tits off everyone else.

What is funny is you are apparently ignoring every compliment I have given him and focused on my comments about him misplacing passes. I will criticise him similarly to the way I criticise Bentaleb for his cross field passes that get intercepted and lead to dangerous counters.
But you are illogical.

Imagine if I said that I don't like The Shard as it is too short, not enough height...

I am still not convinced of Carroll. He works hard like Mason and Bentaleb, but he makes far too many mistakes in crucial situations like them as well. A good example is his weak clearing header against Everton which fell perfectly to the Everton player who shot at goal, forcing the world class safe from Lloris. He also gave away the ball easily many times as well. He needs to cut down on these mistakes before he can become a regular for us.

I am still not convinced of Carroll. He works hard like Mason and Bentaleb, but he makes far too many mistakes in crucial situations like them as well. A good example is his weak clearing header against Everton which fell perfectly to the Everton player who shot at goal, forcing the world class safe from Lloris. He also gave away the ball easily many times as well. He needs to cut down on these mistakes before he can become a regular for us.
I think his ball retention is fine, I don't notice him giving the ball away much at all. Also don't see a good example being a weak header from our box, he is never going to be a strong header of the ball and I wouldn't expect him to ever be....

What's the low-down on this? Is the source legit?

No idea about the source, but it makes a lot of sense. We have a habit of having those options in our contracts and (as I've been saying all along) it doesn't make a lot of sense for Poch to invest that much game time in Carroll if we were likely to lose him in the summer.

Decent game today, was surprised he came off (possibly because he has a habit of tiring late in game).

Most likely because he's going to start the league game against them?

What's the low-down on this? Is the source legit?

I don't think it means much. He was free to sign a pre-contract with another club this month if we didn't do anything. We also once sold Stephen Kelly 2 days after taking a similar option on his.

The jury is very much still out for me. I still think we might let him go in the summer as he's our 6th best CM. But he might be worth keeping for the spring if Mason's going to have that ankle op.

Decent game today, was surprised he came off (possibly because he has a habit of tiring late in game).
I think you are right on this. He seems to hit a wall around the 70-75min mark and he ends up just reacting to the play rather than dictating it. His passing becomes a bit sloppy too.

Good game today from him. Possibly the best player on the park up until the sub.

He played well today - how lovely is it that he is being debated as to whether he is good enough.... Forward thinking, creative, excellent passer and home grownup

Times are good when he is the one gettig stick

I thought he had another decent game today, but he needs to improve defensively if he's gonna play deep. Currently, Dembele is a long way infront of him for this reason, imo.

He's getting stronger with each game, certainly was more of a catalyst today than in prior games. I thought he and Eriksen linked up well at times.

I don't think it means much. He was free to sign a pre-contract with another club this month if we didn't do anything. We also once sold Stephen Kelly 2 days after taking a similar option on his.

The jury is very much still out for me. I still think we might let him go in the summer as he's our 6th best CM. But he might be worth keeping for the spring if Mason's going to have that ankle op.

I find it funny that Carroll and Veljkovic have been in similar contractual positions until this news (if it turns out to be legit) but that you seem convinced that the player who is getting games is on the way out and the one being overlooked is about to be offered a new contract.

Back