• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

Would be interesting to see his passing stats for last night. Was amazed at the sheer number of times he instantly passed FORWARD. Not all found their target of course, and he still managed a fair few backward ones as well.

But I'm struggling to think of any other player that passes forward so often in a match. It's mainly down to his energy and eagerness for the ball, this means he gets that many more touches than most and is always looking to get the ball to somebody ahead of him.

Maybe, just maybe, we have more of a player on our hands than any of us imagined.

Thought he was one of the better performers. I think against weaker opposition he is ok, When it comes to the bigger games you need better players in there.

I have always thought this guy could be special ( he so reminds me of Modric), he always has his head up looking for the next pass and always on the move to receive the ball. Said it earlier in this thread but he really gives us something the other CM players do not.

After some early jitters from Bentaleb and Tom I think the both did well.

Tom plays the forward ball very much like Luka

Agree about Tom but was frustrated with Bentaleb last night tbh. Still too many mistakes, still a tendency to over-elaborate and get caught in possession in dangerous situations in front of our box. He was very lucky one such mistake did not result in a goal to Leicester. Clearly needs much more game time in the Cups so he can get back to his best.

Excellent awareness, good passing, strength of a kitten.

This comes up all the time on here. Yet I don't really recall him being muscled off the ball much and I don't recall him ducking out of challenges either.

Looks to me like people have looked at his slight build and went 'yeh, strength of a kitten'. Pretty much the same thing they done with Modric when he first arrived.

Would be interesting to see his passing stats for last night. Was amazed at the sheer number of times he instantly passed FORWARD. Not all found their target of course, and he still managed a fair few backward ones as well.

But I'm struggling to think of any other player that passes forward so often in a match. It's mainly down to his energy and eagerness for the ball, this means he gets that many more touches than most and is always looking to get the ball to somebody ahead of him.

Maybe, just maybe, we have more of a player on our hands than any of us imagined.

Many people have noticed this before. Especially in his early appearances.
The questions have been around physicality and making that work in the PL and his tracking back.

This comes up all the time on here. Yet I don't really recall him being muscled off the ball much and I don't recall him ducking out of challenges either.

Looks to me like people have looked at his slight build and went 'yeh, strength of a kitten'. Pretty much the same thing they done with Modric when he first arrived.
He does get muscled out when going into challenges sometimes, but that will come with gym work and learning how to use his body better - something modric learned exceptionally

Without a doubt, and look how wrong they were about that.

Big fan of Tom Carroll but his defensive positioning is still a little off. In games like last night (60%+ possession) that isn't a big deal but they won't all be like that. He'll never be a brute but that's no problem if you get your angles correct to cut off the passing options.

I love players that move the ball quickly and I think Carroll is the best at this in the club really. He reminds me of Xavi in his style of play so much, moreso than Modric, and the best part is that he will only get better with more experience.

Not at all, I see him making challenges for sure but i can recall at least 3 times he was "muscled" off the ball last night, when it happens in the centre circle you don't notice it as much but it happens.

Back