• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

cobblers, the fee for Mason has been quoted between 10 -13 million and if that is right than Carroll ( who is the better player ) should be worth the same.
I would rate Carroll higher than mason but it is the market that dictates the price.
Mason was pretty awful against Utd yesterday. We robbed hull for 13mil if that was the transfer fee.

I would rate Carroll higher than mason but it is the market that dictates the price.
Mason was pretty awful against Utd yesterday. We robbed hull for 13mil if that was the transfer fee.
Mason never came across to me as a player who would flourish further outside our fairly supportive environs.

cobblers, the fee for Mason has been quoted between 10 -13 million and if that is right than Carroll ( who is the better player ) should be worth the same.

True, but it's harder to sell Carroll's qualities to risk-averse English clubs only interested in the more physical type of player. With Mason, you could market him as an all-action English midfielder, all grit and energy matched with good technical skills and heart. With Carroll, playing to his strengths means selling him as essentially a young Leon Britton type - cerebral distributor in central midfield, not the quickest, certainly not the strongest, but able to keep and distribute possession well.

I think we won't get as much for Carroll as we did for Mason, based on that disparity. If Levy can get 10m for him, he'll have done superbly well.

How on earth can anyone claim Carroll is worth more than Mason?! Carroll has only ever featured in extremely minor games, and even in cup competitions he doesn't feature half the time. Mason actually featured a fair bit including for Poch and even has full England international experience. Not one manager at Spurs has ever fancied Carroll, it can't just be a coincidence....

Good point, especially the bit about us robbing Hull. Mason ( imo) was overated by a lot of Spurs fans.

True, but it's harder to sell Carroll's qualities to risk-averse English clubs only interested in the more physical type of player. With Mason, you could market him as an all-action English midfielder, all grit and energy matched with good technical skills and heart. With Carroll, playing to his strengths means selling him as essentially a young Leon Britton type - cerebral distributor in central midfield, not the quickest, certainly not the strongest, but able to keep and distribute possession well.

I think we won't get as much for Carroll as we did for Mason, based on that disparity. If Levy can get 10m for him, he'll have done superbly well.

That is a good point as well, however ( imo) Mason was a ok player nothing more who was not special in any of the parts of the game.

How on earth can anyone claim Carroll is worth more than Mason?! Carroll has only ever featured in extremely minor games, and even in cup competitions he doesn't feature half the time. Mason actually featured a fair bit including for Poch and even has full England international experience. Not one manager at Spurs has ever fancied Carroll, it can't just be a coincidence....

Carroll is a better player ( imo) a year younger then Mason, Mason is gone and Carroll is still here. Now for what ever reason Carroll has not pushed on here and may be sold, just like Mason was.

Carroll is a better player ( imo) a year younger then Mason, Mason is gone and Carroll is still here. Now for what ever reason Carroll has not pushed on here and may be sold, just like Mason was.
Putting aside the fact I think Mason proved to be a better player, I was talking about value. Mason had at least put together a solid amount of PL first team appearances from the start, and not just coming off the bench for ten minutes like the majority of Carolls appearances(if he was lucky). Hence why Mason got an England call up, at least he'd had enough first team appearances and some very good performances within that to justify the 12m plus price tag. Would love to know what Caroll has ever done on the pitch to be worth more....

Putting aside the fact I think Mason proved to be a better player, I was talking about value. Mason had at least put together a solid amount of PL first team appearances from the start, and not just coming off the bench for ten minutes like the majority of Carolls appearances(if he was lucky). Hence why Mason got an England call up, at least he'd had enough first team appearances and some very good performances within that to justify the 12m plus price tag. Would love to know what Caroll has ever done on the pitch to be worth more....

Well i guess we will have to wait and see, as for playing for England under Roy everyman and his dog got a call up so i would not use that as any proof of anything. At the end of the day Stop! Hammer time and if /when Carroll leaves it will be because Poch did/does not rate them enough to keep.

Well i guess we will have to wait and see, as for playing for England under Roy everyman and his dog got a call up so i would not use that as any proof of anything. At the end of the day Stop! Hammer time and if /when Carroll leaves it will be because Poch did/does not rate them enough to keep.
Every man and his dog got a call up...except Caroll. Mason left because a club was prepared to meet our asking price based on his PL performances. Caroll obviously has a price, and im sure would have been sold already if a club had been prepared to pay it. But they haven't and we don't need to desperately get rid of him because he's homegrown and fine to have in case of an injury crisis etc....

As much as Levy is hard (rightly so), I do think we have been nicer to servants/academy players in helping them move on.

I'm sure Levy wants 10M for Carroll, and the market says that isn't an unfair price. Under Poch, I think if Carroll wanted to move and Swansea only came up with 8M, we would probably still let him go.

Very different than if a big club came for a player we want to keep, where Levy would make them bleed.

If we get £8m for Carroll it will be a fantastic piece of business. Even if Winks, Wanyama and Dembele were out injured, we'd play Dier and Eriksen in CM....if one of those is inijured then Alli would play CM,......£8m for a guy who realistically will never play is a great bit of bsiness

We got Wanyama for 11 in todays market. Based on that, Carroll is worth 0,2. If someone coughs up 8m, we shold snap their hands off!

Age/Length of contract/how much the player wants to leave all vary prices considerably.

Us letting go youth players reasonably is on our best interest, when we try to buy or get the next young player to sign, it helps if they feel they can get success at the club, or if not, they can move on to a decent career (not rot while we overprice them).

I expect we will let Carroll go for a reasonable fee.

Age/Length of contract/how much the player wants to leave all vary prices considerably.

Us letting go youth players reasonably is on our best interest, when we try to buy or get the next young player to sign, it helps if they feel they can get success at the club, or if not, they can move on to a decent career (not rot while we overprice them).

I expect we will let Carroll go for a reasonable fee.
Carroll is 24, Wanyama is 25.

That is a good point as well, however ( imo) Mason was a ok player nothing more who was not special in any of the parts of the game.

You're right in hindsight, but I still have a bit of sentimental fondness for him given that he's a Spurs lad.

Last edited:
Back