• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

There's not much between them - similar pace

That is just not true, Alderweireld is much quicker.

Would be odd if we sold Fazio given that it would seem that he was a Poch signing
Not sure about that myself actually. Maybe a lot of people seem to think that due to Poch and him being Argentinian, but to me it seems like Poch wanted that Mussachio guy, when that fell through Fazio seemed more like a cheap Levy special then someone Poch really wanted. He didn't get a real chance in the league until November! And since then it seemed like Vertonghen-Dier was still his preferred partnership, but Dier was required to play as a right-back a lot. Fazio is not suited to how Poch wants to play, it would really surprise me if Poch wanted him that much.

I think Mussachio may have not been much better than Vlad in our league, given that he isn't a very tall CB...5'10" i beleive?

Also, how does Fazio compare with Alderweireld? Surely if he is really being signed it means Fazio is being sold?

I think Mussachio may have not been much better than Vlad in our league, given that he isn't a very tall CB...5'10" i beleive?

Also, how does Fazio compare with Alderweireld? Surely if he is really being signed it means Fazio is being sold?
180cm according to wiki which is 6ft (I think)

That is just not true, Alderweireld is much quicker.

Not sure about that myself actually. Maybe a lot of people seem to think that due to Poch and him being Argentinian, but to me it seems like Poch wanted that Mussachio guy, when that fell through Fazio seemed more like a cheap Levy special then someone Poch really wanted. He didn't get a real chance in the league until November! And since then it seemed like Vertonghen-Dier was still his preferred partnership, but Dier was required to play as a right-back a lot. Fazio is not suited to how Poch wants to play, it would really surprise me if Poch wanted him that much.

Alderweireld really is dog slow. Perhaps it just didn't show as much as Soton defend much deeper under Koeman

Ardiles said quite a bit (unprovoked) how Poch was delighted with Fazio. Fazio was also first choice from November-February - the one time our defence looked good. Dier only got the nod against quicker counter attacking teams (Liverpool and Arsenal), then retained his place.

Fazio and Mussachio are very different players. I imagine we were after both - Fazio to replace Dawson/Kaboul as the big powerful option, and Mussachio to replace Chirches as the smaller ballplayer.

Fazio also tended to keep Mussachio out of the Argentine squad (pre-injury obviously)

Alderweireld really is dog slow. Perhaps it just didn't show as much as Soton defend much deeper under Koeman

Ardiles said quite a bit (unprovoked) how Poch was delighted with Fazio. Fazio was also first choice from November-February - the one time our defence looked good. Dier only got the nod against quicker counter attacking teams (Liverpool and Arsenal), then retained his place.

Fazio and Mussachio are very different players. I imagine we were after both - Fazio to replace Dawson/Kaboul as the big powerful option, and Mussachio to replace Chirches as the smaller ballplayer.

Fazio also tended to keep Mussachio out of the Argentine squad (pre-injury obviously)

we were not. Clearly we spent a while trying to sort out the Mussachio deal and once it completely broke down we moved onto Fazio. Iirc at no point during the Mussachio interest was the name Fazio linked with us.

we were not. Clearly we spent a while trying to sort out the Mussachio deal and once it completely broke down we moved onto Fazio. Iirc at no point during the Mussachio interest was the name Fazio linked with us.

That means absolutely nothing. 99% of links in papers have no truth in them. I bet you there are lots of players we have tried to get that have never made the papers at all.

That means absolutely nothing. 99% of links in papers have no truth in them. I bet you there are lots of players we have tried to get that have never made the papers at all.

what im saying is that once we failed to sign Musacchio we went for Fazio instead. Next on the list and all that.

I'd like us to sign a defensive mid or an attacker before another centre back (although, I'm not a mind reader so perhaps we're in for those positions but this is just the furthest along)

what im saying is that once we failed to sign Musacchio we went for Fazio instead. Next on the list and all that.

But they are such different players. It would be like say failing to get Defoe so buying Drogba instead. Technically the same position, but couldn't be more different as players.

But they are such different players. It would be like say failing to get Defoe so buying Drogba instead. Technically the same position, but couldn't be more different as players.

but thats the way we do transfers isnt it. Poch wanted Mussachio, he got Fazio. He wanted Schneiderlin, he was given Stambouli. AVB wanted Willian, he got Eriksen as the alternative. Soldado instead of Villa etc

the committee get together and compile lists but its not always easy to get like for like if we fail to get the first choices.

Why do you constantly invent these sort of jibes, simply to try to debase a player who you do not like??

Alderwiereld may not have Ledley's old pace (but then few defenders do) but to call him dog slow is simply ridiculous...

Why haven't we gone in for Fonte? He has been the best centre half at Southampton the last few years.

Really makes me question Poch.

Back