• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

He is every bit as good as Trossard at the very least the difference is marginal and our fans went nuts that we didn't get him for depth, I see them very similar in that respect. As I have said before, I take Werner as depth for very much the same reasons.

I think there is a sense of cynicism on him because people think rightly or wrongly (we don't know yet) that this would be a cheap option for the summer meaning we would then not go out to get added quality, where as I think its a no brainer for depth on the basis we likely get someone else of quality in that role OR CF which then sees Son and him fight it out on the LW, which for me is fine.
Yeah my take isn't a million miles off that. If he's in addition to someone better than I'd consider him a great signing at the price point, but if he IS the signing then no thanks. 😅

Well Werner is as good as Jesus and he starts for arsenal…
I mean we can round these arguments all day long but imo
Pool have Salah, then Jota, then a void of quality finishers
City have Haaland and then I’m not sure because of the way they play
Arsenal have saka who is quality but the rest aren’t as good
I’m sure your gonna tell me that Martinelli is quality or haivertz but imo they are not better than what we have

What arsenal have is the best defence in the league to build from
City, the best possession game although that is deteriorating
Pool, have Salah

If a spurs player had missed the sitter that Haaland did last game or the one he swung at yesterday and missed the ball…our fans would murder them

And Werner is a squad player, like Trossard for arsenal. They have a huge importance

I think the top sides would take Werner but not as a starter over anyone they have now. I’m happy with him as a squad player but I believe we need better to really challenge next season.

He is every bit as good as Trossard at the very least the difference is marginal and our fans went nuts that we didn't get him for depth, I see them very similar in that respect. As I have said before, I take Werner as depth for very much the same reasons.

I think there is a sense of cynicism on him because people think rightly or wrongly (we don't know yet) that this would be a cheap option for the summer meaning we would then not go out to get added quality, where as I think its a no brainer for depth on the basis we likely get someone else of quality in that role OR CF which then sees Son and him fight it out on the LW, which for me is fine.

Agree with Werner as depth for sure.

I think the top sides would take Werner but not as a starter over anyone they have now. I’m happy with him as a squad player but I believe we need better to really challenge next season.
Fair call
He is a squad player here too
But unless we fix the gaols conceded we have an issue
Everyone focus’s on chances missed yet we out score most sides
We didn’t concede Saturday because we over committed/style of play… we conceded because some players failed and it’s a repetitive story. Fix that and we can challenge anyone

Fair call
He is a squad player here too
But unless we fix the gaols conceded we have an issue
Everyone focus’s on chances missed yet we out score most sides
We didn’t concede Saturday because we over committed/style of play… we conceded because some players failed and it’s a repetitive story. Fix that and we can challenge anyone
Our style of play is overcommitted which means we need our forwards to take their chances, to hold the ball well, good use of the ball etc. Our defence is OUR attack. The plan is to pummel the opposition, you do that by making the key passes, by getting shots off and importantly finishing your chances. We are never going to be a considered defensive team under Ange, its not how his football is setup to function. Their goal came from a counter when we had 8 players in their half 3 minutes into the match. If you don't think that's a committed style of football then I don't know what is. 😅

Our style of play is overcommitted which means we need our forwards to take their chances, to hold the ball well, good use of the ball etc. Our defence is OUR attack. The plan is to pummel the opposition, you do that by making the key passes, by getting shots off and importantly finishing your chances. We are never going to be a considered defensive team under Ange, it’s not how his football is setup to function. Their goal came from a counter when we had 8 players in their half 3 minutes into the match. If you don't think that's a committed style of football then I don't know what is. 😅

Committed isn’t an issue
Teams are not out numbering us in their attacks. We’re just brick at defending them
We outnumbered Luton but no one picked up any of their players

In the same vein is Jesus' better than Richalison or Martenalli better than Son?

All Spurs players are better than everyone else's. The league standings and cup competitions year in year out are just mere anomalies. City, Liverpool and Arsenal (and especially Villa of late) are actually really average and we are way better, but it's just about luck really.

In seriousness Richy vs Jesus is an interesting one, they are very different players. Of course I'd back my boy Richy but at the end of the day Jesus has been part of some very effective teams. I don't think defenders love playing against either even if both don't absolutely crush it in terms of goals / assists on the regular.

Great impact from Werner though as Ange has mentioned. We are super light in forward areas without him and when him + Johnson are on it, it's a lot to deal with for the opposition.

All Spurs players are better than everyone else's. The league standings and cup competitions year in year out are just mere anomalies. City, Liverpool and Arsenal (and especially Villa of late) are actually really average and we are way better, but it's just about luck really.

In seriousness Richy vs Jesus is an interesting one, they are very different players. Of course I'd back my boy Richy but at the end of the day Jesus has been part of some very effective teams. I don't think defenders love playing against either even if both don't absolutely crush it in terms of goals / assists on the regular.

Great impact from Werner though as Ange has mentioned. We are super light in forward areas without him and when him + Johnson are on it, it's a lot to deal with for the opposition.

I’d take Richy for his physicality and would say he’s a slightly better finisher. Jesus has good overall linkup play. Both are good players, neither are world class but can do a good job. Arsenal fans would no doubt take Jesus.

Remember that Werner's fee might be cheap, but his wages might be huge.

Remember that if we don't sign Werner, the Gooners might; how would you feel if Werner was lining up against us with our marauding full backs leaving space in behind?

Remember that Werner's fee might be cheap, but his wages might be huge.

Remember that if we don't sign Werner, the Gooners might; how would you feel if Werner was lining up against us with our marauding full backs leaving space in behind?
I honestly wouldn't be that concerned, his finishing wouldn't worry me especially when he has time and space to rhink. The players Arsenal start now are more likely to take advantage of that space imo.

I’d take Richy for his physicality and would say he’s a slightly better finisher. Jesus has good overall linkup play. Both are good players, neither are world class but can do a good job. Arsenal fans would no doubt take Jesus.
Sorry but I may have misunderstood the context of your previous posts but didn’t you say that apart from Son, none of our forwards would get into the Arsenal starting lineup?

There is one elite player in the PL, and we have him already.

If we can get Vinicius Jnr I’m all for it, but if we can’t pull that off I’m happy to keep Werner.
Vinicius would be wasted in this system, he needs space to come in and attack. Much like son, he wouldn't get that coming in from the left

Not that we have a hope in hell of signing him :sweatsmile:

For all his faults (i.e. just finishing) Werner is a bargain at 15m

I'd happily sell Solomon for 5-10m and bring Werner in with a view to signing a proper left-footed left winger as well (or at least an exceptional dribber like nico Williams, Summerville, etc.)

We're also clearing 180kpw of perisic from the wage bill this summer which will help with Werner's wages

Back