• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

Thought he did OK today, can see him and Udogie linking well once he's settled.
Meh Werner and Johnson were pretty inconspicuous today.
Either we play them and make use of them sprinting into space.
Or we don't bother with players like that and just play some other system e.g. dribblers or fighters or whatever, but if we don't play them into space and they don't track back and help out, they are not worth their space.

Reactions: jrh
Did anyone feel like we went a bit overboard with trying to find Werner early today? It's was like a kids under 11s just discovered the through ball last week and this week they tried it non stop and overcompensated. There were times when defenders were just pinging it out his way assuming it would come off but wasted possession. You could see us arguing sometimes when players were mindlessly hoofing out to the left. I dont know, feels like one step forward, one step back each week but I'm sure someone's gonna get a battering soon when it all clicks

Did anyone feel like we went a bit overboard with trying to find Werner early today? It's was like a kids under 11s just discovered the through ball last week and this week they tried it non stop and overcompensated. There were times when defenders were just pinging it out his way assuming it would come off but wasted possession. You could see us arguing sometimes when players were mindlessly hoofing out to the left. I dont know, feels like one step forward, one step back each week but I'm sure someone's gonna get a battering soon when it all clicks
When both him and Johnson mostly thrive with balls in behind and the midfield isn't fully firing I think that will be the result.

Hopefully it all clicks into place soon.

b443lyxvywic1.png

Considering he got dropped straight into games with little to no prep, he has done just fine.

It is clear that there are confidence issues. But that's not exclusive to Werner. Johnson and others aren't fully confident in their ability to tuck the ball away. Its a cyclical thing - you need to score to feel confident you'll score. A combination of coaching and games will help Werner start to put away chances. I don't worry about his assists as he seems wholly on point on that side. He needs to develop that ruthlessness in front of goal, however. It was there once, which suggests a lot of it is psychological.

Considering he got dropped straight into games with little to no prep, he has done just fine.

It is clear that there are confidence issues. But that's not exclusive to Werner. Johnson and others aren't fully confident in their ability to tuck the ball away. Its a cyclical thing - you need to score to feel confident you'll score. A combination of coaching and games will help Werner start to put away chances. I don't worry about his assists as he seems wholly on point on that side. He needs to develop that ruthlessness in front of goal, however. It was there once, which suggests a lot of it is psychological.

I think it's a play to keep people/media from focusing on the goals side and creating unnecessary pressure.

He's done fine, we don't require him to start now (we did for a few games), based on what we have seen and his price, highly likely we will buy in summer

I think it's a play to keep people/media from focusing on the goals side and creating unnecessary pressure.

He's done fine, we don't require him to start now (we did for a few games), based on what we have seen and his price, highly likely we will buy in summer
I'd rather we didn't tbh. He doesn't score or creat enough and based on his performances so far shouldn't really be anything more than a sub option at best. I'd rather keep the money and put it towards buying a better and more suited wide forward than WF. The 15m or so they want might get us someone who is valued at 60 off million if we conserve our funds and spend more wisely.

I'd rather we didn't tbh. He doesn't score or creat enough and based on his performances so far shouldn't really be anything more than a sub option at best. I'd rather keep the money and put it towards buying a better and more suited wide forward than WF. The 15m or so they want might get us someone who is valued at 60 off million if we conserve our funds and spend more wisely.
Agreed, we have a bunch of players who are "good enough to win things" and a bunch of players who aren't i.e. they were here already or were cheap bargains or are on their way out.
I see Werner as the latter group, not the former.
Even though Divock Origi pretends he scored the winner in a CL final.

Mikey Moore is 17 soon. If he is as promising as some hope he should be the impact sub.

As you say, save the money for a top target. Or just get him on loan for another 12 months. No need to buy him.

Mikey Moore is 17 soon. If he is as promising as some hope he should be the impact sub.

As you say, save the money for a top target. Or just get him on loan for another 12 months. No need to buy him.
If we are going for someone as a starter and Werner as a relatively cheap option I could dig it, but I don't think him as the prime guy is right for me.

If we are going for someone as a starter and Werner as a relatively cheap option I could dig it, but I don't think him as the prime guy is right for me.
Werner and son are the options for that side IMO
Kulu and Johnson right
And Richy and Veliz central
Need to ship off ship and possibly Solomon (needs to play to see) and get in one more flexible with player
Ideally one who pushes one of the starters to the bench

Werner and son are the options for that side IMO
Kulu and Johnson right
And Richy and Veliz central
Need to ship off ship and possibly Solomon (needs to play to see) and get in one more flexible with player
Ideally one who pushes one of the starters to the bench
If those are our attackers options next season I will be bit underwhelmed. It's just not a title challenging lineup which i guess is fine if our intention is to fight for a top 4 place, but I was hoping for more. I would like to keep improving to try and break through our ceiling. Those forward options aren't going to do it imo.

I agree he's done fine. Definitely think he's good enough and fits in well enough to be a squad option for us.

But the balance of that front three is not right and adding him in January didn't help with that. Neither will it come the summer. So to me signing him would depend on other signings and outgoings. We definitely shouldn't find ourselves with a similar lack of balance come next season.

I agree he's done fine. Definitely think he's good enough and fits in well enough to be a squad option for us.

But the balance of that front three is not right and adding him in January didn't help with that. Neither will it come the summer. So to me signing him would depend on other signings and outgoings. We definitely shouldn't find ourselves with a similar lack of balance come next season.
Can’t rely on Gil
He and to go
Solomon also has a history of injuries so he is a worry
I think Parrott may be given a chance. He is doing well in Holland and is still on the upwards curve (sure I’ll be told I’m wrong)

Can’t rely on Gil
He and to go
Solomon also has a history of injuries so he is a worry
I think Parrott may be given a chance. He is doing well in Holland and is still on the upwards curve (sure I’ll be told I’m wrong)
Parrot is an interesting one. It's easy to forget he's only just turned 22, and is a couple of years younger than Solomon, a year younger than Gil and the same age as Johnson.
If he wasn't already on the books, he would be on the same list as the guys above - potential and worth a look, but no guarantees.
I'm not sure where I'd see him fitting into Ange ball though

Parrot is an interesting one. It's easy to forget he's only just turned 22, and is a couple of years younger than Solomon, a year younger than Gil and the same age as Johnson.
If he wasn't already on the books, he would be on the same list as the guys above - potential and worth a look, but no guarantees.
I'm not sure where I'd see him fitting into Ange ball though
Form what I’ve seen he is more suited to us than Gil for sure.

Back