• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood Testimonial OMT Spurs v Aston Villa 11th April

the opening 15 minutes looked ok, since then we have been looking ropey as hell.
i'd love to hear poch's reasoning as to why dembele is nowhere near the squad when townsend and chadli are starting. what happened to lamela? its all so frustrating. we don't need to be fielding teams this weak.

when we do bring someone in its bloody paulinho! i wish we knew what was at play behind the scenes because these team selections are baffling. why don't we want to play our pressing football anymore? i really don't get whats happening here!!??

Very, very poor. Save for Kane, who's managed to lift a few glorious balls into the path of Eriksen and Chadli, the rest haven't been good.

Step it up, lads.

i'm going to be incredibly frustrated if the substitution in the second half is paulinho for mason.

i want to know why the likes of dembele and lamela aren't playing, whilst townsend and a completely out of form, disinterested chadli are shoe-ins.

why haven't we looked at central midfield despite it obviously being on last legs a burnt out for months now? when we do the only one who gets a look in is bloody paulinho. i have to assume, and actually have to hope, that there are forces at work behind the scenes. maybe we dont care about the last 7 games? seems like a lot of games to drift through to me.

i want us to fight for fifth. finishing ahead of liverpool is always reason to smile. finishing behind southamtpon certainly isnt. grrrrr after feeling really positive about the direction of everything im feeling frustrated and a little dumbstruck too. it doesnt need to be like this.

This reminds me of a year or two ago when we played Naughton at left back, which meant we had no left footer on the left and no penetration at all down that side. That team setup was clearly WRONG and did not work.

Same thing today, we really aren't clicking, everything looks like an effort, nothing is flowing smoothly, silly mistakes, just plain poor play. Rose, Kane and Bentaleb look the only good players. Eriksen looks like he will do something and then shanks it 50 feet over.

Welcome to the second game in Levy's post season tour.
They should have done a lap of the pitch after the Leicester game.

we have too much dross on the pitch. chriches, well whatever people seem to rate him at right back, i think he's shiit wherever he plays. People like Fazio, looks like a walking goal give away to me. Apparently playing well, out jumped by Benteke, goal. Isn't Fazio supposed to be good in the air?

Townsend. Haha. Well we don't need to say anything - just a complete waste of a shirt. I'd be willing to listen to arguments as to why Chriches and Fazio should be starting, but Townsend is just a non-entity. We start the game with ten when he plays. Poch is beginning to annoy me a bit by doggedly selecting Towsnend.
Poch didn't start with Townsend in the burnley game, did you watch that game?

Don't think many defenders could have dealt with that header by bent eke, he is really a monster in the air.

I do think we have a serious lack of power and pace across the pitch, and agree that we don't have a competitive squad for top 4.

It's nothing new. We've been sh1te against crappy long ball teams forever.
I thought Villa mixed it up well.....carved us open a few times with good passing as well as looking for Benteke early

I think we've been made to look average tbh.

The front four positions could do with being shaken up.

Our midfield is the most effective its been since Modric left.

Masaleb aren't meant to create. They are meant to transition the ball quickly to the AMs, which they do exceptionally. It's why we attack and score more freely than we have since the Rafa and Modric years.

Masaleb solved the problems Dembele/Capoue/Paulinho had been causing us for 2.5 seasons

Still think that? Don't you have a reputation for speaking brick, can see why now. Mason is so so bad. Townsend is even worse. Sub these two players and we'll be infinitely stronger.

The fact our manager can't see it is worrying. I actually don't think he's very good at all, been awful, but very lucky this season

We have been so sloppy, really heavy touches, lucky with numerous passes at the back. I see no difference from this performance and those after a EL match, except we don't have that excuse now. After Burnley, I'd have expected a far better performance but you don't get the feeling that there was much at stake for us in either match.

Hopefully, Poch can get them going for the second half. COYS

Back