• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood…not treated with the respect a headmaster is.

Proves just as much as saying Sherwood's ppg would have got us CL if he'd had the full season. We had a tougher run at the start.

Well not really, you're comparing the same teams from last season like every team is the same standard as they were last season. Eg Man U arenowhere near as good this season as last, and obviously other teams will be the same.....

TS in my view has done well, we could have got a Manager in who would have performed better or worse but very few temp managers will have performed as well as TS has.

What I am unable to fathom is I thought this was a board full of mature intelligent people who would view everything (including performances) in context, but what has transpired is the total opposite. I seriously hope some are better in real life than how they have acted in the past six months - in the absence of not viewing things in context.

What's viewing it in context?

- Most people who have issue with TS, do so with a very relevant point, he isn't qualified for the role. His off field behavior, media conversations, alienation of players, odd tactics and substitutions seem to very much validate that point of view.
- The people who seem to think TS has done a good job, tend to do themselves a disservice by playing it up as something more than just "a decent job in the circumstances" and all the point/stat conversations and comparisons to AVB/whoever conveniently leaves out what we all see on the pitch, i.e. results that are better than the football, and in general, a team performing well below it's full capability.

TS has been divisive to the fan base, got us back into Europe, and it's probably in the best interest of the club to say "thank you very much and all the best with your future endeavors"

Yes actually, you are going to have to play at least 1 of the better sides in the cups, in domestic cups I'd prefer the Scum over Cheat$ki/City, usually United and even Pool. Benfica is a better draw than getting a big CL drop down side.

Arsenal are not a moderate side. Benfica are a very technically gifted side and are in the final of the Europa League so not sure how they're a better draw than all the CL drop outs...

Arsenal are not a moderate side. Benfica are a very technically gifted side and are in the final of the Europa League so not sure how they're a better draw than all the CL drop outs...

did you watch our games against Benfica? the 10 minutes that we managed to give a ****, you saw that was a winnable tie.

Sorry but whats this obsession with the whole comparison of games against the same opposition between two seasons? As far as im concerned a season is a standalone season, history etc means jack ****. You can improve drastically yet still end the season below than you did in previous seasons. Its silly that statistic.

TS in my view has done well, we could have got a Manager in who would have performed better or worse but very few temp managers will have performed as well as TS has.

What I am unable to fathom is I thought this was a board full of mature intelligent people who would view everything (including performances) in context, but what has transpired is the total opposite. I seriously hope some are better in real life than how they have acted in the past six months - in the absence of not viewing things in context.

In lieu of that, I'd settle for some honesty.
I have no problem with irrational viewpoints, this is football after all, but you'd think at the end of it all people could be honest about their opinions. I won't hold my breath.

A point to be made regarding "if I had all season we'd be in the Champions League". Sherwood had the benefit of taking on the team where the new players had had almost half a season in the top flight to settle. Whilst people like to talk about his PPG% etc, it is worth remembering that he hasn't had to deal with the settling in period with our foreign nationals. I don't mean to sound critical because I do respect the results he has managed, but I think this is a point worth mentionning.

I do like Sherwood although I do think that he needs some time managing smaller clubs before jumping into the BPL. The best analogy I could make would be saying that Sherwood managing us would be like giving a teenager a Skyline GTR as their first car, really he should be starting with something like a Ford Fiesta. I don't want to see the man strip down our squad and rebuild it to his own specs only to decide in a years time that he may need to rethink things. Lets face it, today we looked a much better team with Sandro in it, yet these last couple of games he has been left out when really we needed that defensive screen.

With a view on GB's Sherwood soundbites. They are self serving and a lot of what he has said has been said with a view to securing his position at the club or at least making it difficult for Levy to sack him. I don't believe that Sherwood didn't know that he only had a limited time in the job. He may have thought he had a chance at getting the long term position, indeed some sources said he did, but I don't think he thought that the club would sit idly by pinning all their hopes on a rookie. Especially one that forced them into appointing him on an 18 month contract.

Last edited:

did you watch our games against Benfica? the 10 minutes that we managed to give a ****, you saw that was a winnable tie.

In any game Spurs would have a decent period, even against the top sides. Benfica are a good side, regardless of whether we should have beat them or not...

In lieu of that, I'd settle for some honesty.
I have no problem with irrational viewpoints, this is football after all, but you'd think at the end of it all people could be honest about their opinions. I won't hold my breath.

I nearly choked on my nice Lamb steak i'm currently eating.

I did say i would never direct anything at you ever again but the audacity and hyprocicy of this post is quite delicious. Do you remember a pm you sent me asking me why it feels like i'm enjoying the demise of AVB? in that very pm you spoke about my irrational viewpoint of AVB...now you have no problem with irrational viewpoints. Funny that you have no problem with it AFTER you showcase in this thread....AN IRRATIONAL VIEWPOINT of Sherwood.

Changing thread titles to suit your viewpoint. I've seen it all on here now.

A point to be made regarding "if I had all season we'd be in the Champions League". Sherwood had the benefit of taking on the team where the new players had had almost half a season in the top flight to settle. Whilst people like to talk about his PPG% etc, it is worth remembering that he hasn't had to deal with the settling in period with our foreign nationals. I don't mean to sound critical because I do respect the results he has managed, but I think this is a point worth mentionning.

I do like Sherwood although I do think that he needs some time managing smaller clubs before jumping into the BPL. The best analogy I could make would be saying that Sherwood managing us would be like giving a teenager a Skyline GTR as their first car, really he should be starting with something like a Ford Fiesta. I don't want to see the man strip down our squad and rebuild it to his own specs only to decide in a years time that he may need to rethink things. Lets face it, today we looked a much better team with Sandro in it, yet these last couple of games he has been left out when really we needed that defensive screen.

With a view on GB's Sherwood soundbites. They are self serving and a lot of what he has said has been said with a view to securing his position at the club or at least making it difficult for Levy to sack him. I don't believe that Sherwood didn't know that he only had a limited time in the job. He may have thought he had a chance at getting the long term position, indeed some sources said he did, but I don't think he thought that the club would sit idly by pinning all their hopes on a rookie. Especially one that forced them into appointing him on an 18 month contract.

You don't think when he said if he'd had all season he was including his own signings in that? Which would have included at least a couple of PL experienced players who wouldnt of needed a year to settle. Also lets not forget other than Chadli and Eriksen he hasn't used the other new signings that much anyway...

Last edited:

What's viewing it in context?

- Most people who have issue with TS, do so with a very relevant point, he isn't qualified for the role. His off field behavior, media conversations, alienation of players, odd tactics and substitutions seem to very much validate that point of view.
- The people who seem to think TS has done a good job, tend to do themselves a disservice by playing it up as something more than just "a decent job in the circumstances" and all the point/stat conversations and comparisons to AVB/whoever conveniently leaves out what we all see on the pitch, i.e. results that are better than the football, and in general, a team performing well below it's full capability.

TS has been divisive to the fan base, got us back into Europe, and it's probably in the best interest of the club to say "thank you very much and all the best with your future endeavors"

Can I put my hand up and say that I agree with all three statements.

I think that he is unqualified for the job and his media handling has been awful but I'm not sure about the alienation of players, I think that this has been a little overstated.

I think that the results have been alright under the circumstances but the performances have been mixed.

I think that it is best for all concerned that he moves on and I am sure that he will.

Well not really, you're comparing the same teams from last season like every team is the same standard as they were last season. Eg Man U arenowhere near as good this season as last, and obviously other teams will be the same.....

Exactly. The whole TOP 5 improved to one extent or other. I mean, you would think it couldn't be anymore clear cut. Sherwood and AVB got a near half season each. They more or less played the same sides once each. Arguably AVB still had some tough fixtures to take him to halfway and to play everyone at least once. Southampton away - we hadn't beaten anyone in the top 9 at this point. Stoke at home - this has been a banana skin in recent years. So not only did Sherwood get better results, like for like, but with marginally tougher fixtures overall IMO.

Winnable, yes. Moderate opposition? No. They're in the final, ffs! And Arsenal away, at that stage, was about the worse possible draw we could have got. We've won there once in something like 22 years and they were often not top of the league at that time! So it was an uphill task, to say the least.

I do agree.

TS certainally rubs some people up the wrong way, in a big way. I thought that the hatred correclates with liking AVB. But while there is some of that, it is more than that. Maybe GB and Scara can articulate how he rubs them up the wrong way - from day one - in fact before he even took over.

Gladly.

He was a **** when he was at Blackburn - he undermined Hodgson in front of the rest of the team (as a senior player who they looked up to) in order to try and get his own way. When he got a transfer he spent a lot of time ****ging off both the club and the manager.

When he was at Spurs he undermined Hoddle to the team and the press to get his own way. When he left he spent a lot of time ****ging off both the club and the manager.

When he was employed by Setanta he spent a lot of time ****ging off Spurs and being, quite literally, the dumbest and least insightful pundit I've heard - and I've heard Sol Campbell have a stroke on tv and call it punditry.

He was (IMO) briefing the press against AVB in order to try and get his own way.

He's an Arsenal fan - I know it doesn't bother some but it bothers me.

He's a graceless, classless, **** with no emotional intelligence, a complete inability to stop flapping his gob for two minutes and no emotional intelligence whatsoever. If the cretin had even a fraction of the ability he seems to think he has I could almost forgive the arrogance.

A typical goon in other words.

I nearly choked on my nice Lamb steak i'm currently eating.

I did say i would never direct anything at you ever again but the audacity and hyprocicy of this post is quite delicious. Do you remember a pm you sent me asking me why it feels like i'm enjoying the demise of AVB? in that very pm you spoke about my irrational viewpoint of AVB...now you have no problem with irrational viewpoints. Funny that you have no problem with it AFTER you showcase in this thread....AN IRRATIONAL VIEWPOINT of Sherwood.

Changing thread titles to suit your viewpoint. I've seen it all on here now.

What can I say?
I admitted to my faults in this thread King Dawson.
I am not a model of perfection, and when I confessed my own realization with regards to posts on Sherwood, I felt I should be open about them.
I have a great problem with my own irrational viewpoint on Sherwood. It annoys me. That's what I said. Indeed, I have a huge problem with the entire Sherwood thread. But those are MY problems, right?

p.s. Yes. I am a hypocrite. I think it's very tough for any human being to avoid being one. We can but try not to be. I am doing just that.I can only speak for myself. As for the thread title change, it was an attempt at humour. Apologies. I now know better.

500 pages. Has a manager ever been so universally loved and loathed?

In fact King Dawson, i'm somewhat aware you may not have seen post #9898, from yesterday, so here it is again.

<<I think you have a very fair point.

Personally speaking, I've been both alarmed and disappointed in my own behaviour as I like to be supportive and give the benefit of the doubt whenever humanly possible. I tried to for a long, long time, but one thing too much was said and done, and then I flipped. Frankly, my own level of negativity towards Sherwood has alarmed and disappointed me! I never want to feel like this about a Spurs manager. That said, I think the comparison with Rodgers is inaccurate; Ray Charles could see that Rodgers had a very cohesive plan (which to my mind is not complete yet).

But despite doubtless being one of the people of whom you speak, I find myself agreeing with you and feeling sad and disappointed that I have felt the way I have and behaved the way I have towards Sherwood. One on one, in the street, I'm sure he's a decent enough guy.>>

500 pages. Has a manager ever been so universally loved and loathed?

Im not sure if any love him? Some just think under the circumstances he's done a decent job, and isn't the devil in disguise....

What can I say?
I admitted to my faults in this thread King Dawson.
I am not a model of perfection, and when I confessed my own realization with regards to posts on Sherwood, I felt I should be open about them.
I have a great problem with my own irrational viewpoint on Sherwood. It annoys me. That's what I said. Indeed, I have a huge problem with the entire Sherwood thread. But those are MY problems, right?

Your PM was regarding how i was apparently celebrating AVB's demise (the irony is that you actually used the word irrational) so you must understand it was quite shocking reading your post claiming you now actually don't mind irrational viewpoints. I'm glad you've decided you don't mind it now but can you have the decency to stick to this viewpoint...regardless of whoever next takes over and your personal feelings towards them. Be a fair man and allow others to hold these "irrational viewpoints" to someone they also may not care for and quit preaching otherwise.

I don't really find changing thread titles humorous personally. I have no time for AVB, for Paulinho but changing thread titles because the majority feel the same way? we're all entitled to our opinion but thread titles imo should be completely neutral. Somehow i don't think this would be allowed to other managers/players where the general consensus of that person is positive. It's fine though at least we know this is allowed now.

Could his treatment of Sandro actually make the Brazilian a more focused player? The guy obviously feels loved at the club and Tim's challenge to him may have made him have to focus more?

Trying to put a positive spin on Tim. :D

Your PM was regarding how i was apparently celebrating AVB's demise (the irony is that you actually used the word irrational) so you must understand it was quite shocking reading your post claiming you now actually don't mind irrational viewpoints. I'm glad you've decided you don't mind it now but can you have the decency to stick to this viewpoint...regardless of whoever next takes over and your personal feelings towards them. Be a fair man and allow others to hold these "irrational viewpoints" to someone they also may not care for and quit preaching otherwise.

I don't really find changing thread titles humorous personally. I have no time for AVB, for Paulinho but changing thread titles because the majority feel the same way? we're all entitled to our opinion but thread titles imo should be completely neutral. Somehow i don't think this would be allowed to other managers/players where the general consensus of that person is positive. It's fine though at least we know this is allowed now.

Chill out KD. There is no harm in a little light hearted ribbing

Back