• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood…not treated with the respect a headmaster is.

This thread makes really depressing reading. People have stopped listening to each other and just bang the same drum every day.

We'll be able to close it soon. Hopefully before it gets to page 500.

Please don't move it to classics - let it be wiped from memory. No truth and reconciliation - just a future focus.

There are so many reasons why that can’t happen

- Discredited in the eyes of the players
- Fallen out with Levy
- The new guy isn’t going to want him anywhere near the place

You can’t feel sorry for Timmeh. He backstabbed his way to the top (AVB, Hoddle and Hodgson all past victims). He’s Macbeth and Macduff is just about to enter the stage.

I’ve no regret about never giving my support to any of Graham, Redknapp or Sherwood (and it has been only those three – I’m too young for Terry Neill). They were just incompatible with the values of the club (primarily that of integrity/nobility).

Out of curiousity how do you know who he's back stabbed?

Out of curiousity how do you know who he's back stabbed?

Hoddle and Hodgson have talked openly about it. Actually Timmeh admitted what he did to Hoddle. And Richard Keys exposed what he was doing to AVB.

I don't like Sherwood much. I hope he doesn't become Tottenham manager on a permanent basis.

Hoddle and Hodgson have talked openly about it. Actually Timmeh admitted what he did to Hoddle. And Richard Keys exposed what he was doing to AVB.

What did he do to them? Im completely oblivious to this!

This thread makes really depressing reading. People have stopped listening to each other and just bang the same drum every day.

What in your opinion has caused the sudden petty AVB vs Tim comments?

I remember Sherwood saying something about being quite pleased that Hodgson go the boot back then. Something along the lines of "I wouldn't like to take all the credit".

Feel sorry for Tim. He's clearly not at the level that we need a first team coach/manager to be at and one can hardly blame him for taking the job in the first place. However, he does have a genuine passion for the wellbeing of the club and I'd like to think he could at least have his old job back.

Some of his comments and pressers have left much to be desired, however, we should also remember how fed up we are with managers and players (in football generally) who trot out the same bland messages which are clearly provided by the PR dept.

That said, what angers me most about this episode is the behaviour of our supporters; we really ought to be ashamed of ourselves at the way we have reacted towards the manager; perhaps we mirror the attitude of the Chairman in having over heightened view of our position so when we point out the support that Rodgers received from the Liverpool owners when others (Levy) probably would have sacked him after a far more miserable campaign last season (than we have had this year) and I dare say we also would have wanted him out too; lets face it we have previous for this as well; we have once again shown a real snobbish attitude in the same way many did over Redknapp and to an extent Graham several years ago.

Why does it have to be about the fans?

We're far from the only people that think Graham, Redknapp and Timmeh are ****ers. I think it says far more about them that they are unable to unite the fans of the team they manage behind them.

Why does it have to be about the fans?

We're far from the only people that think Graham, Redknapp and Timmeh are ****ers. I think it says far more about them that they are unable to unite the fans of the team they manage behind them.

Contrast with Jol. Technically less successful than the former two. But liked and respected by all Spurs fans, and who brought a feel-good factor to WHL that we've not seen since.

I really hope FDB or Poch is a similarly unifying figure.

Contrast with Jol. Technically less successful than the former two. But liked and respected by all Spurs fans, and who brought a feel-good factor to WHL that we've not seen since.

I really hope FDB or Poch is a similarly unifying figure.

I agree - one of my favourite (and saddest) moments as a Spurs fan was when the rumour went around that Jol was gone. We all knew he'd taken us as far as he could, we all knew he had to go, yet we sang his name as loud as I've heard anyone's sung. That could never happen for those three no matter how good they were.

Feel sorry for Tim. He's clearly not at the level that we need a first team coach/manager to be at and one can hardly blame him for taking the job in the first place. However, he does have a genuine passion for the wellbeing of the club and I'd like to think he could at least have his old job back.

Some of his comments and pressers have left much to be desired, however, we should also remember how fed up we are with managers and players (in football generally) who trot out the same bland messages which are clearly provided by the PR dept.

That said, what angers me most about this episode is the behaviour of our supporters; we really ought to be ashamed of ourselves at the way we have reacted towards the manager; perhaps we mirror the attitude of the Chairman in having over heightened view of our position so when we point out the support that Rodgers received from the Liverpool owners when others (Levy) probably would have sacked him after a far more miserable campaign last season (than we have had this year) and I dare say we also would have wanted him out too; lets face it we have previous for this as well; we have once again shown a real snobbish attitude in the same way many did over Redknapp and to an extent Graham several years ago.

This is a good post. But I fear it will be more disregarded than it should as it calls for a level of self-awareness and openmindedness which, as milo says above, it conspicuous by its absence here.

all coming to bite him back in the ass a bit - karma...
Well done on not bothering to show a link to Keys apology for that made up bit of gossip!
You are the one with the agenda mate, the getting of a life is required.

Well done on not bothering to show a link to Keys apology for that made up bit of gossip!

Maybe he didn't know about the apology? I certainly didnt

IIRC, Keys was spinning 'reading an article in the Sun' as 'having an exclusive chinwag with Sherwood' but wrongly assigned words to him.

I think you have a very fair point.

Personally speaking, I've been both alarmed and disappointed in my own behaviour as I like to be supportive and give the benefit of the doubt whenever humanly possible. I tried to for a long, long time, but one thing too much was said and done, and then I flipped. Frankly, my own level of negativity towards Sherwood has alarmed and disappointed me! I never want to feel like this about a Spurs manager. That said, I think the comparison with Rodgers is inaccurate; Ray Charles could see that Rodgers had a very cohesive plan (which to my mind is not complete yet).

But despite doubtless being one of the people of whom you speak, I find myself agreeing with you and feeling sad and disappointed that I have felt the way I have and behaved the way I have towards Sherwood. One on one, in the street, I'm sure he's a decent enough guy.

I think you have a very fair point.

Personally speaking, I've been both alarmed and disappointed in my own behaviour as I like to be supportive and give the benefit of the doubt whenever humanly possible. I tried to for a long, long time, but one thing too much was said and done, and then I flipped. Frankly, my own level of negativity towards Sherwood has alarmed and disappointed me! I never want to feel like this about a Spurs manager. That said, I think the comparison with Rodgers is inaccurate; Ray Charles could see that Rodgers had a very cohesive plan (which to my mind is not complete yet).

But despite doubtless being one of the people of whom you speak, I find myself agreeing with you and feeling sad and disappointed that I have felt the way I have and behaved the way I have towards Sherwood. One on one, in the street, I'm sure he's a decent enough guy.

He needed to be self-aware though of the baggage he came with and the perception the fanbase had of him.

A little bit of humility and humbleness might actually have caused his fiercest critics to rethink a little.

But no, he went hammer and tongs at proving that all the prejudices people had against him were more than reasonable.

I wouldn't say I feel sorry for Tim, some of his comments since taking over have seen to that.

I didn't want AVB gone and I didn't want Tim. Regardless, once he was in, I had no choice but to support him, not least because he was quite clearly going to see the season out and there was nothing that could be done to change that.

There's a thread on here asking for the word to describe this season in one word. I think I'd go with disgusted tbh. Disgusted with Levy, for hiring and firing yet another manager. Disgusted with the relative mis-spending of £110 million. Disgusted with the attitude of the players. Disgusted (ok disgusted is a bit strong here, more disappointed) with different aspects of both of the managers. Most of all, disgusted with a portion of the fans, who from the very beginning have ripped into him, insulting him, quick to dismiss any achievement and even quicker to point out faults, coming up with ridiculous conspiracy theories to justify their beliefs and a lot more.

I'll be glad to see the back of Sherwood. He's an incompetent who has come out with some unbelievably stupid things in the media. His seemingly genuine belief that he could get the job and subsequent realisation that he won't be getting it has brought out a new level of stupidity from his media appearances.

There's no doubt that a significant portion of our fans have acted like spoilt macarons in the past few months though.

Hopefully we have a more unifying manager next season and we can go back to simply being divided over which of our strikers is better/ slightly less **** than the other.

Back