• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood…not treated with the respect a headmaster is.

for me his change in attitude tells me alot about his class. As soon as he realised top 4 wasn't possible he began dragging us through the dirt, to create a drama where the club are bad guys and he is an amazing manager who has done an amazing job, he clearly knew he was a dead man walking because he said as much himself and now carrys on like a victim. Cannot wait to see the prick gone and as stinkfoot we need to make sure we get the next appointment right.

100% agree…tawdry behaviour. He has displayed the decorum of a hammered exhibitionist. It has not been an edifying sight.

While I doubt that Sherwood put much thought into this latest soundbite, it funnily enough inadvertently works as the perfect analogy for his entire reign.

Supply teachers can get respect from students if they do their job properly, support the students, encourage them and show improvement. Considering supply teachers often are inexperienced and show mistakes they also would need to consider and account for that when they are given the task of a new job.

Headmasters don't often have respect of students, they have that fear of students and the only interactions they have are when **** has gone wrong. Headmasters spend most of their time dealing with administrative aspects of the job and working with teachers to oversee the entire the operation of the school.

Therefore using this analogy, it's clear to see that Sherwood is in fact a supply teacher, Levy is the headmaster. And any Headmaster would look at the supply teacher with serious question marks if they were to see them consistently belittling their students, constantly placing blame elsewhere, pointing fingers in every direction and overall, delivering very little in terms of progression.

Sherwood IS a supply teacher, if he understood that from the beginning than he might have managed to get a permanent position at this 'school'.

I'm dragging the analogy a fair distance but I think it just about sums it up

While I doubt that Sherwood put much thought into this latest soundbite, it funnily enough inadvertently works as the perfect analogy for his entire reign.

Supply teachers can get respect from students if they do their job properly, support the students, encourage them and show improvement. Considering supply teachers often are inexperienced and show mistakes they also would need to consider and account for that when they are given the task of a new job.

Headmasters don't often have respect of students, they have that fear of students and the only interactions they have are when **** has gone wrong. Headmasters spend most of their time dealing with administrative aspects of the job and working with teachers to oversee the entire the operation of the school.

Therefore using this analogy, it's clear to see that Sherwood is in fact a supply teacher, Levy is the headmaster. And any Headmaster would look at the supply teacher with serious question marks if they were to see them consistently belittling their students, constantly placing blame elsewhere, pointing fingers in every direction and overall, delivering very little in terms of progression.

Sherwood IS a supply teacher, if he understood that from the beginning than he might have managed to get a permanent position at this 'school'.

Actually that is a GREAT analogy=D>=D>

No manager in my lifetime of supporting us has managed to dampen my enthusiasm, or rev up my potential indifference, like this clown. It might well be irrational, I understand and accept that, but the fact remains that he has seriously damaged my enthusiasm for the club this season, to the point where I don't give a **** about Sunday and just want the season over and him gone so as I can re-boot/re-charge.

It's horrible.

Moment_of_the_week__491668a.jpg

image.png

Tim-Sherwood-Gallery-5-002.jpg

Last edited:

AVB tactics board
Formation: 4231
Player instructions: Keep passing sideways and backwards until opposition get tired and then hope we score...

I came here to make the comment that the supply teacher is a good analogy and you've already made the point very eloquently.

I'll add that this particular supply teacher has now had the experience at a relatively prestigious school that should put him in a good position for another job. His lesson plans may have shown inexperience, but he made some good moves like bring the bright kid with behaviour problems back into the class. The only aspect where the analogy breaks down is having to constantly deal with the press on his chances of staying on, but maybe that is the consequence of the celebrity pupils.

No manager in my lifetime of supporting us has managed to dampen my enthusiasm, or rev up my potential indifference, like this clown. It might well be irrational, I understand and accept that, but the fact remains that he has seriously damaged my enthusiasm for the club this season, to the point where I don't give a **** about Sunday and just want the season over and him gone so as I can re-boot/re-charge.

It's horrible.

We have had a real ****ty clusterfu@k of a season. The first half provided mindnumbingly boring turgid football. 15 goals in 16 games. The second half showed early promise, but was subsequently ruined by the coach's stupid outbursts, behaviour and antics. As you say, we need to reboot, keep calm and start again.

AVB tactics board
Formation: 4231
Player instructions: Keep passing sideways and backwards until opposition get tired and then hope we score...

More like "Just pass it to Bale!Oooohhh! "" :s)

Shall we make some prediction for a laugh?

How about when do we think Sherwood's departure will be announced? As soon as Monday? After the Ledley King testimonial?

How about what mud-slinging stories TS will release after he goes? You know he might just be the one that doesn't toe Levy's compensation for keeping schtum line...

Also what quotes will come from the players, if any? Sandro has already started, but who else will put their head above the parapet?

One thing it wont be is boring...

More like "Just pass it to Bale!Oooohhh! "" :s)

AVB 'How i deceived people into thinking i'm a decent manager' coming to a store near you (bonus DVD includes 'great presentation skills' and 'i manage in ****e leagues where i do well with the biggest team and the most money'.

How about when do we think Sherwood's departure will be announced? As soon as Monday? After the Ledley King testimonial?

How about what mud-slinging stories TS will release after he goes? You know he might just be the one that doesn't toe Levy's compensation for keeping schtum line...

Also what quotes will come from the players, if any? Sandro has already started, but who else will put their head above the parapet?

I think that he will go next week sometime. I doubt that he will speak out because Levy will put a clause in his payout that prevents this. There will doubtless be some stories/leaks from the club that show some aspects of his time in charge in a bad light, there always is when a manager leaves, but this will be done primarily to cast his replacement in a good light and contrast him with Sherwood's shortcomings. I doubt we will hear much out of the players, they are a quiet bunch on the whole and mainly compliant. Even Sandro's comments are having to be spun to try and get a story out of them when he did not really say anything we didn't know already.

Tuesday or Wednesday

Allardyce going sooner though might prompt Timmeh to push for a quick resolution, so he can put his (post-it note) CV in for that

AVB 'How i deceived people into thinking i'm a decent manager' coming to a store near you (bonus DVD includes 'great presentation skills' and 'i manage in ****e leagues where i do well with the biggest team and the most money'.

Or Tim "and you thought AVB was a fraud" Sherwood: "You aint seen nuffink yet farking el, I'm a hard act to follow"

Feel sorry for Tim. He's clearly not at the level that we need a first team coach/manager to be at and one can hardly blame him for taking the job in the first place. However, he does have a genuine passion for the wellbeing of the club and I'd like to think he could at least have his old job back.

Some of his comments and pressers have left much to be desired, however, we should also remember how fed up we are with managers and players (in football generally) who trot out the same bland messages which are clearly provided by the PR dept.

That said, what angers me most about this episode is the behaviour of our supporters; we really ought to be ashamed of ourselves at the way we have reacted towards the manager; perhaps we mirror the attitude of the Chairman in having over heightened view of our position so when we point out the support that Rodgers received from the Liverpool owners when others (Levy) probably would have sacked him after a far more miserable campaign last season (than we have had this year) and I dare say we also would have wanted him out too; lets face it we have previous for this as well; we have once again shown a real snobbish attitude in the same way many did over Redknapp and to an extent Graham several years ago.

This thread makes really depressing reading. People have stopped listening to each other and just bang the same drum every day.

Feel sorry for Tim. He's clearly not at the level that we need a first team coach/manager to be at and one can hardly blame him for taking the job in the first place. However, he does have a genuine passion for the wellbeing of the club and I'd like to think he could at least have his old job back.

Some of his comments and pressers have left much to be desired, however, we should also remember how fed up we are with managers and players (in football generally) who trot out the same bland messages which are clearly provided by the PR dept.

That said, what angers me most about this episode is the behaviour of our supporters; we really ought to be ashamed of ourselves at the way we have reacted towards the manager; perhaps we mirror the attitude of the Chairman in having over heightened view of our position so when we point out the support that Rodgers received from the Liverpool owners when others (Levy) probably would have sacked him after a far more miserable campaign last season (than we have had this year) and I dare say we also would have wanted him out too; lets face it we have previous for this as well; we have once again shown a real snobbish attitude in the same way many did over Redknapp and to an extent Graham several years ago.

No, he doesn't. Unless it benefits him of course.

This thread makes really depressing reading. People have stopped listening to each other and just bang the same drum every day.

Tired of waiting for the end of this frustrating season.

The removal of the interim one will most likely kickstart a bit of positivity again.

There are so many reasons why that can’t happen

- Discredited in the eyes of the players
- Fallen out with Levy
- The new guy isn’t going to want him anywhere near the place

You can’t feel sorry for Timmeh. He backstabbed his way to the top (AVB, Hoddle and Hodgson all past victims). He’s Macbeth and Macduff is just about to enter the stage.

I’ve no regret about never giving my support to any of Graham, Redknapp or Sherwood (and it has been only those three – I’m too young for Terry Neill). They were just incompatible with the values of the club (primarily that of integrity/nobility).

Back