• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

No.

he said in January he needed time with the squad to get them playing the way he wanted. He got the time and the set-up and organisation and drilling has gone down the tube. I dread to think what he would do with a full pre-season to drain their confidence and what his signings are likely to be.

I can't see the EPL being so divided next season with so many 'easy points' available from very poor teams in the bttom 10 or 11. He has peaked with his superficial "best ever" stats and will regress to the mean or beyond to his actual level next season.

It's a tricky one as I think he has a lot of potential to be a good manager but he has got to work on other aspects particularly his chats to the media.

As he's only had half a season I'd be inclined to give him a chance and vote 'yes' but for now I think we should go all out to get Benitez so it's a 'no'.

PS. Would rather keep Sherwood than get Moyes, where's the voting option for this??

Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Tim Sherwood really is old school...

you cant defend this obsession he has with Liverpool but he makes some relevant points...I was at the fulham game and there wasnt much love for Kane but lots of chanting for Soldado...

This guy is really interesting...I think he makes a few of you a little to mad ;)...someone said he is brash, spot on.

At the end of the day Levy will appoint a more experienced and less volatile coach than Sherwood...and most of you will be happy...personally I dont mind reading comments from the man in charge that makes me stop and look at things from a different angle...now before I get slaughtered yes I know some of it is a load of B***ocks but some of it is thought provoking.

what im trying to say is stop getting your knickers in a twist everyone.....its not for much longer.

The only reason the things he says make me stop and think is because they're so ****ing stupid. They're only from a different angle because nobody in control of their mental faculties thinks/says what he does.

This brutal and honest approach some people seem to enjoy only seems to involve in berating the players, the club and the fans. Who does it endear other than non Spurs fans?

The guy is a fek wit with no loyalty to anyone but himself and he is clearly stupid as no chairman will want to hire him after how he as treated this club.

The prik can bang on about results but the football hasn't been great, we haven't looked solid and he has contradicted himself more times than an MP on an expenses rap.

Can't wait to see him go.

I wouldnt change him for the sake of changing. I think he deserves an opportunity for sure. TS has made mistakes so has every other Manager out there, its about learning etc.

If we were to get someone who i thought would have been better and fits the criteria then fine why not but there isnt... LVG has 'gone' and there arent many (if any) others out there.

Nope

There have been times this season where the team has played some decent football, but there are still big problem areas he hasn't addressed. On the non footballing side his interviews have royally ****ed me off, he seems to want to **** of everyone.

Also, the reason Tim is taking a 'fresh' approach is that the overwhelming majority of managers recognise the best way to manage is not by insulting your chairman, fans and players openly in public, while talking about how great another club is, especially when you seemingly can't do simple things like organising a defence or motivating your team to start a game at 0 minutes rather than 30 or 45.

Some of what he says may be true but it needs to be kept in house. Do people really not see this? There's a reason people like Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, LVG, Ancelotti, insert whichever top manager who's won trophies don't spend every press conference talking about how great they are (ok, maybe not Mourinho for this one) or how x player isn't currently good enough or these players are all equally average or about how their team has never had a good record against the top teams (which is crap).

It is because it isn't a good way to manager. Either in a normal environment or a footballing one.

No thanks, never wanted him in the first place. Bar the odd glimpse of coherent football Sherwood has shown me nothing that makes me believe he has a system that will allow us to compete against the other top teams in the league, it all looks a bit random.

I think he certainly deserves a chance to be considered for the job.

If we can manage to win our last three PL games (we did last season), Tim Sherwood would have won 45 from 66 points available (68.18%).

That equates to 2.05 points per game, or around 78 points for a full season.

Why not if he can do a Brendan Rodgers ? What he's done is nothing to be sneezed at, better continental managers haven't been able to.

Get him out.
Got a big mouth.
Feel its obvious he is alienating certain players.
Thinks he is funny, but he makes our club look stupid.
Dont care about his win percentage. We are the best of the rest and with our squad that is easy. In the tough games he has shown nothing. Also its a small percentage of games.

What Steff said. Would Liverpool be where they are without Suarez? ******** they would.

We loved Komg as much as Chelsea love Terry and Liverpool love Carragher and Arsenal love Adams. We cheer our kids as loud as anyone but the problem is they haven't been all that great.

Would you include Huddlestone, Dawson, Bale as home grown? I mean they didn't start here but they became footballers here. And one is captain, one our biggest hero of the last 15 years the other one a cult figure many of us wish still remained.

Going back, Carr, Anderton, that cubt that played for Portsmouth. Every club loves home grown and every club loves shiny new foreign toys. Yes Man U have great pedigree in Giggs, Scholes etc but they'd have won **** nothing without Cantona, Stam, Ferdinand, Ronaldo, Rooney and Van Pervert.

Oh and Sherwood wouldn't have his winners medal if Blackburn didn't throw a heap of coin at Shearer and Sutton.

He's right in one respect though, if we had more faith in our youngsters, we wouldn't have purchased an average over the hill, shotty midfielder from Blackburn all those years ago and we'd all be a lot happier today.

It seems as though he doesn't want the job judging by the latest things he's been telling the media. So I'd say - good riddance, there's too much hostility between him and larger groups of the fans for this to ever be truly fruitful.

The question is so loaded that it's a foregone conclusion.

So let me put the cat among the pigeons...

If it was a choice between Sherwood or Moyes (which I strongly suspect Levy is very actively considering) who would you choose?

The question is so loaded that it's a foregone conclusion.

So let me put the cat among the pigeons...

If it was a choice between Sherwood or Moyes (which I strongly suspect Levy is very actively considering) who would you choose?

Beheading or hanging?

Freund. Friedel. Bradley Allen. Baldini. Levy.

ABToM

Back