• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

He sold their best players, overspent on mediocrity and completely ruined Torres. That one title challenge was a massive overachievement.

a) where did you predict they'd finish?
B) the seasons before they finished 7th, they finished 8, 11 and 23 points ahead of 5th place. If anything, point wise, they were going in the opposite direction of falling out.
C) if it was an overachievement, who was responsible? The manager of the players?
D) ignoring all this, the demise was still spectacular and over 12 months. If anything, it is ours that has been more pronounced and long term . I think our performances have been getting worse for a few years now.

One thing I didn't like about Sherwood's post match was that e said 'maybe it's a belief thing' when asked about the record against the top 4. I think that's poor. Most sides that pull off good results against sides better than them play to a system that allows them to over perform, while a an 'arm round the shoulder' type management gets results against the easier teams.

If he had said 'we'll have a style in place next year' I'd have thought fair enough, but he's making himself sound like he is all about 'belief', 'heart' and 'confidence'.

It would appear that's all he knows. I mean, he shows loads of 'passion' by having little tantrums and throwing his gilet about for the cameras. Doesn't stop his teams playing like ****.

The amazing thing is that he's still banging the same drum. He's been going on about the players showing 'guts' and 'heart' and 'pride' and they look more demotivated than ever. I'm holding my breath for the media to call him up on his **** but I don't hold my breath. At the very least I'd like to think that he's considered that he might need to solve something himself, like managing his players....or tactics

One thing I didn't like about Sherwood's post match was that e said 'maybe it's a belief thing' when asked about the record against the top 4. I think that's poor. Most sides that pull off good results against sides better than them play to a system that allows them to over perform, while a an 'arm round the shoulder' type management gets results against the easier teams.

If he had said 'we'll have a style in place next year' I'd have thought fair enough, but he's making himself sound like he is all about 'belief', 'heart' and 'confidence'.

He thinks it is.

Can't really defend him on today. When I heard the team it was obvious we were going to lose, to rely on a 19 year old to protect the back 4 against a team that likes to exploit that space is suicide.

3rd goal highlighted that.

Added to that the fact he sat in the stands for the entire game.

I was all for giving Timmy a chance but that was utterly pis* poor...A weeks planning and we got that!!!

stone the effin crows!

It would appear that's all he knows. I mean, he shows loads of 'passion' by having little tantrums and throwing his gilet about for the cameras. Doesn't stop his teams playing like ****.

The amazing thing is that he's still banging the same drum. He's been going on about the players showing 'guts' and 'heart' and 'pride' and they look more demotivated than ever. I'm holding my breath for the media to call him up on his **** but I don't hold my breath. At the very least I'd like to think that he's considered that he might need to solve something himself, like managing his players....or tactics

His post match rant at Chelsea did remind me of some managers I've had in the amateur game who basically claimed we were losing due to no guts everytime because in actual fact the hadn't a clue what had actually gone wrong or how to fix it.

I gave him a bye ball then because the players were under performing and in certain games he did look like he at least had an idea tactically.

It seems he's still banging on the same drum now as you say, and it's getting more and more difficult to believe that he's not just saying it because he's out of his depth as a manager.

Tim Sherwood.. Woooah
Tim Sherwood.. Woooah
He'll never get fourth place.
He'll punch you in the face

I was all for giving Timmy a chance but that was utterly pis* poor...A weeks planning and we got that!!!

stone the effin crows!

Want to see some pictures of my cat?

I won't be saying get him out now though, tomorrow morning will be fine.

whats this I have just heard about a punch up? is this bs or is it whats gone down?

if so we will have Hoddle for six games I guess.

His post match rant at Chelsea did remind me of some managers I've had in the amateur game who basically claimed we were losing due to no guts everytime because in actual fact the hadn't a clue what had actually gone wrong or how to fix it.

I gave him a bye ball then because the players were under performing and in certain games he did look like he at least had an idea tactically.

It seems he's still banging on the same drum now as you say, and it's getting more and more difficult to believe that he's not just saying it because he's out of his depth as a manager.

I get exactly the same impression.

For all his bravado we've deteriorated, to say it's simply down to passion is ridiculous and overlooks a whole host of far more frankly obvious issues. My guess is that's he's simply incapable and cowardly hiding behind this caricature he's painted of his players.

Thank you. That sums up my thoughts I had at the time. His timing was wrong as well, because it was just the first of a set of tough fixtures. What little spirit was in the squad he broke at the worst possible time imo.
After that he had nowhere left to go and he's been well and truly found out.

Source? Rumours I'm hearing is that it was Rose, plus Dawson's name keeps popping up apparently..

Soldado has been on twitter saying not believe rumours or something along them lines. Plus if it was true the jurnos would have something by now I would have thought.

For real? You encourage violence in the work place as a motivational tool?

Where have you heard that mate?

If so, I'd give Tim a 10 year contract.

**** yeah, there's a reason it's still the military's main tool

And there's a reason it isn't approved behaviour in other realms and is called assault. I;m pretty sure that Sherwood hitting one of his players will not get them to show the 'guts' and 'fight' and 'passion' that appears to be his main desire of the team.

Back