• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

About as many as under AVB and 'Arry.

We've been punching above our weight for a good 5 seasons now.

Err...no...

Harry and AVB both got wins (and goals!) vs Arsenal;
Plus I'm not going to talk about our record vs top 4/top 4 chasers with AVB as that will just get silly
We meekly surrendered in both domestic cups as well; no we haven't won many games where WE were the underdogs going into them - hHence why you didn't list any

article-2585662-1C735BAB00000578-160_634x431.jpg

Whenever his mouth does that it reminds me of

Super-Mario-Koopa.jpg

Anyone else get the impression tonight that he had been shifted a safe distance from the team with Ramsey taking over?

We can but hope....

Anyone else get the impression tonight that he had been shifted a safe distance from the team with Ramsey taking over?

We can but hope....

Nope. I think that it was just a pragmatic decision to avoid another flare up with Jorge Jesus.

He stated in his pmi that he made the decision to sit away from the dugout because he wanted the focus to be on the players on the pitch.

Nope. I think that it was just a pragmatic decision to avoid another flare up with Jorge Jesus.

He stated in his pmi that he made the decision to sit away from the dugout because he wanted the focus to be on the players on the pitch.

Avoiding Jesus sounds like the more likely answer.

Is he not capable of just standing there and being a man without flaring up? I worry for him (in general, not just as a manager) if not.

Err...no...

Plus I'm not going to talk about our record vs top 4/top 4 chasers with AVB as that will just get silly
We meekly surrendered in both domestic cups as well; no we haven't won many games where WE were the underdogs going into them - hHence why you didn't list any

This season with this group of players under either manager we've not beaten any of the teams above us in the league, so your point is pretty nul and void.

Not buying it mate, as if that was the case he wouldn't have given the 'no respect' stuff pre-match and he'd have diffused the whole thing then IMO...

Err...no...

I think you are being unfair mate. There is no point comparing previous season's performances against this season's as the players were different. AVB got a win against Arsenal with uber Bale Harry had Modric and Bale and then VDV. Nothing from our early season performances suggested we would do that again under Portuguese grand master. TBF to Tim I thought we played better in losing to Arsenal, in terms of denying them possession and goal scoring opportunities (rosicky's chance aside) than we did when we beat them under AVB and Harry. I would also add that when we lost at the Emirates earlier in the season there were plenty of posters on here saying how we had "outplayed" them.

As for surrendering in the cup competitions this has been done to death. West Ham, he had been in charge for less than 48 hours, L'****, well how many times have we done well at the Emirates?

As much as I dislike Sherwood personally and have not been impressed by his lack of managerial ability; he was hamstrung by the team he could put out tonight. However this is a two legged tie and he should be held accountable for the first game.

I'm not so sure...having avoided a ****ting first half, why not bring Eriksen on then? I think what's interesting is how the hamstring effect of injuries made things simpler in many senses, because recently, when given choices (against Chelski and the goons) his line-ups have been curious to say the least.

On another note, I can tolerate Rose for the rest of the season only if there is a guarantee is then never going to play for us again.

I think you are being unfair mate. There is no point comparing previous season's performances against this season's as the players were different. AVB got a win against Arsenal with uber Bale Harry had Modric and Bale and then VDV. Nothing from our early season performances suggested we would do that again under Portuguese grand master. TBF to Tim I thought we played better in losing to Arsenal, in terms of denying them possession and goal scoring opportunities (rosicky's chance aside) than we did when we beat them under AVB and Harry. I would also add that when we lost at the Emirates earlier in the season there were plenty of posters on here saying how we had "outplayed" them.

As for surrendering in the cup competitions this has been done to death. West Ham, he had been in charge for less than 48 hours, L'****, well how many times have we done well at the Emirates?

I don't think I am being unfair. For all you might say about how we have played under TS (not that well imo), be honest, how often did you go into those 'big' games and feel reasonably confident that we could actually win?
Whatever people say about AVB, he mostly made us go toe-to-toe with the big guns (before the 6-0 debacle..) where we were hardly out of it until the final whistle.

With TS we've been mostly swatted aside with ease. Even vs Arsenal I was not truly confident we'd score: simply lumping the ball in the box for Mertersacker to easily clear said it all to me. No under TS we have not really punched above our weight. If we lose on Sunday this will become much clearer for all to see.

I don't think I am being unfair. For all you might say about how we have played under TS (not that well imo), be honest, how often did you go into those 'big' games and feel reasonably confident that we could actually win?
Whatever people say about AVB, he mostly made us go toe-to-toe with the big guns (before the 6-0 debacle..) where we were hardly out of it until the final whistle.

With TS we've been mostly swatted aside with ease. Even vs Arsenal I was not truly confident we'd score: simply lumping the ball in the box for Mertersacker to easily clear said it all to me. No under TS we have not really punched above our weight. If we lose on Sunday this will become much clearer for all to see.[/QUOTE

You are ignoring an important part of my post. AVB could only go toe to toe when he had Bale. It was not clear he could this season in fact quite the opposite. When you get beaten 6-0, and 0-5 your confidence in him doing well against the big teams kind of goes. Sherwood has not beaten any of the top 3 granted, but he has beaten Utd, Everton and Southampton the team around us. AVB failed to beat either Utd or Everton

Last edited:

You are ignoring an important part of my post. AVB could only go toe to toe when he had Bale. It was not clear he could this season in fact quite the opposite. Sherwood has not beaten any of the top 3 granted, but he has beaten Utd, Everton and Southampton the team around us.

Bale was an important cog in the wheel granted. However, we were adjusting without Bale, whilst being more competitive than we are now: even after the City and Liverpool drubbings we were 5 points off 4th, 8 points off the top.
Where are we now in that regard? Yes, we have beaten Utd, Everton an Southampton (probably like AVB would have) but if those teams win their games in hand we could be battling for 7th/8th

If i hear any more about this moral victory bull**** tonight.
Sherwood's attitude to the game tonight was terrible.

If the match was a Champion's League Final do you think Adebayor, Lloris, Walker, Paulinho all wouldnt be available. They'd be patched up given an injection and told this is our most important game of the season.

Sherwood figured we were already out of the tie with no chance of getting back into it. He has no faith in his players. He had no fight in him and no belief. I though that was supposed to be Sherwood strengths.

We should have had a full team out tonight trying for 90 minutes, not a bit team coasting for 70 minutes until Benfica were caught napping, and 20 minutes of "heroic comeback".

I'm happier we played a few fringe players as it gave them a chance to fight for a place in the starting line up. Of those on show, Lennon, Townsend, Soldado and Siggy failed their audition but Bentaleb and Chadli delivered.

Bentaleb always plays?

I agree with Modric, I thought his interview was a load of ****, like it was all a grand plan all along. He didn't want to get spanked by Jesus again, and in fairness to him thanks to them not putting in 100% and a good effort from the defence, he managed that. But the impressive Chadli suddenly gives him a chance of a victory he wasn't even looking for.

And he still had another unprofessional pop at Jesus, couldn't help himself. Can't stand the guy.

We can but hope....

Interesting.

I'd just assumed he'd been given a retrospective touchline ban for his 'Pardew'.

I think he even managed to look a bit shambolic up in the stands. I liked the suit, but the way he was walking around thumbs-upping people, it looked like he'd had a few jars. Mind you, Baldini was on the ciggies next to Levy wasn't he.

Bentaleb always plays?

I agree with Modric, I thought his interview was a load of ****, like it was all a grand plan all along. He didn't want to get spanked by Jesus again, and in fairness to him thanks to them not putting in 100% and a good effort from the defence, he managed that. But the impressive Chadli suddenly gives him a chance of a victory he wasn't even looking for.

And he still had another unprofessional pop at Jesus, couldn't help himself. Can't stand the guy.

He sat in the directors box all game to make sure another incident didn't happen. Surely if he was good enough he wouldn't need to be there in the first place. Yes that Jesus guy lacked class, just ignore him but then again Tim I'm sure if you're still at the club next season you'll be more than happy to respect and heap praise upon Pardrew before we play Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

We lost this tie last week when Sherwood balls up his tactics and did not have the foresight to change to a 5 man midfield when Benfica were clearly killing us in the middle of the park.

I don't agree with the Sherwood bashing but I also think that he is not what we need at Spurs. He does not have the experience or ability to change our biggest problem, a **** mentality!

Regarding results, we have lost 4 of the last 5 in the prem and performances have been as bad as those we witnessed under avb especially at home. If we hadn't already sacked a manager I doubt Tim would have survived with the way we have performed this month.

Back