• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I think people on this board need a dose of reality

- Stability, i.e. a long term manager is no indicator of success, or is it even vaguely common at this stage. Statistics of the Scum vs. us are completely irrelevant, football has changed, we know Pardew is the 2nd longest serving manager in the PL, does that mean no club in the PL is successful? and besides making CL money, has Wenger really been "successful" in last 8 years? How many big clubs in Europe have a long term manager?
- All our previous managers had reasons for hiring and firing (case could be made), to me the one who had the best case for staying was Harry, but he was also the one with the least support from fans and some people couldn't let go of personal vendettas against the guy
- TS being honest is not ****ing helpful in any way, it's like saying a bird has a nice personality, translation = fugly. We are losing and losing ugly, player's body language is bad.
- Every game is usually lost by individual errors, when you lose 3 in 5, it's a little bit more.

TS was a punt that looks worse and worse every day, highly likely we are going to lose against Scum, lose against Benfica and register one of our worse months in years, Levy will have no choice but to fire the guy and it's going to be even more confusion.

Individual errors cost us against Pool and City under AVB. I don't see how TS has improved us. If anything he has Adebayor firing and the rest of the team has regressed.

Your comment has nothing to do with AVB. You mentioned that TS got found out yesterday - so I just wanted to know how your comment is justified based on yesterday seeing as it was individual errors that cost us...

Individual errors cost us against Pool and City under AVB. I don't see how TS has improved us. If anything he has Adebayor firing and the rest of the team has regressed.

Hmmm, you may have a point. Although I hated AVB from day 1 and used to wake up most mornings hoping id find news of his dismissal I do remember Paulinho showing plenty of promise under AVB and him being highlighted on MOTD analysis for his intelligent runs into the box.

I do think ive seen him make any of those runs under TS.

[/B]

Hmmm, you may have a point. Although I hated AVB from day 1 and used to wake up most mornings hoping id find news of his dismissal I do remember Paulinho showing plenty of promise under AVB and him being highlighted on MOTD analysis for his intelligent runs into the box.

I do think ive seen him make any of those runs under TS.

Im not sure he's played half as much under Sherwood? He was a guaranteed starter for AVB....

I thought our first half was decent, especially considering the unusual formation. Chel$ki are a solid, solid unit, as almost all Jose teams are. It is the mental fragility that is worrying and it was there under AVB - look how we started away at Emirates Marketing Project and crumbled against Pool and Wet Spam.

Its always been there. Its in the clubs dna for the last 20 odd years.

Who specifically did you think in the situation they were in at the time should have been given more time?

Oh and I know people love to do whatever to inflate numbers, but including caretaker managers in the calculations seems a bit silly to me.

Levy obviously doesn't think we have a divine right to be in the top 4, but he aims above our standing and tries to get us there. That's ambition. We should have course just "find our place" in 6th and be happy with that, I'm glad we try.

Looking at our league positions since Levy took over it looks clear enough to me that we've been improving. Looking at our turnover compared to the teams we're competing with I'm not surprised we're struggling to break into the top 4. Seems you think we have as many thoughts about divine rights as Levy seeing as you seem to think not getting there regularly means you want rid of him.

=D>

Who specifically did you think in the situation they were in at the time should have been given more time?

Oh and I know people love to do whatever to inflate numbers, but including caretaker managers in the calculations seems a bit silly to me.

Levy obviously doesn't think we have a divine right to be in the top 4, but he aims above our standing and tries to get us there. That's ambition. We should have course just "find our place" in 6th and be happy with that, I'm glad we try.

Looking at our league positions since Levy took over it looks clear enough to me that we've been improving. Looking at our turnover compared to the teams we're competing with I'm not surprised we're struggling to break into the top 4. Seems you think we have as many thoughts about divine rights as Levy seeing as you seem to think not getting there regularly means you want rid of him.

I'm not saying we shouldn't aim higher, I'm saying the constant chopping and changing and thinking there will be this one genius guy that comes in, waves his magic wand and gets us to where we want to be is completely unrealistic.

I'm not saying we shouldn't aim higher, I'm saying the constant chopping and changing and thinking there will be this one genius guy that comes in, waves his magic wand and gets us to where we want to be is completely unrealistic.

But it's realistic to think that if we just give some manager enough time and trust he will get us where we want to be?

Again, who specifically should have been given this time and trust?

The chopping and changing under Levy has gotten us a lot further than the previous administration got us. We've improved in a somewhat meandering fashion, but we've improved gradually. If not for the big money clubs like Chelsea and City I think it looks very likely that we would have reached our targets more consistently. But we haven't been massively underperforming, unless of course you think we have some divine right to get into a top 4 spot consistently.

Again, agreed.

And do you know why I think he worked? Because Levy trusted him in a very specific situation where he needed to submit to Harry. He brought in the players Harry said we wanted. We were able to build out through Harry who we knew could do the job, and Levy didn't interfere. Once he had starting interfering, it went tits up again.

That's nonsense mate - There was only one person to blame for it going 'tits up' and it weren't Levy.

Again, agreed.

And do you know why I think he worked? Because Levy trusted him in a very specific situation where he needed to submit to Harry. He brought in the players Harry said we wanted. We were able to build out through Harry who we knew could do the job, and Levy didn't interfere. Once he had starting interfering, it went tits up again.

Come on.
Let's not our recent upset rewrite history.
You know this is simply not true.

I wanna talk about possession for a minute. And how the fact that we don't dominate it like we did under the previous manager means Sherwood is useless, what exactly did dominating possession win Arsenal over the past 8 seasons? It doesn't mean you are in control of the game because you pass it around innocuously without threatening the goal.

I wanna talk about possession for a minute. And how the fact that we don't dominate it like we did under the previous manager means Sherwood is useless, what exactly did dominating possession win Arsenal over the past 8 seasons? It doesn't mean you are in control of the game because you pass it around innocuously without threatening the goal.

More matches than us.

Which, in the context of how leagues work, is a good thing.

More matches than us.

Which, in the context of how leagues work, is a good thing.

And in terms of trophies? I remember them dominating possession against Chelsea and United for example only for Drogba, Ronaldo and co to step up and wipe the floor with them time after time.

Come on.
Let's not our recent upset rewrite history.
You know this is simply not true.

I don't mean that Harry had nothing to do with it, I'm just trying to illustrate the point that things were going well when Levy fully trusted the manager and backed him through his actions. When he was doing that, we had our most consistent few seasons in this league. I'm as annoyed as anyone about how he hitched his skirt for England and was delighted when we booted him out for AVB - I'm not really discussing that line.

And in terms of trophies? I remember them dominating possession against Chelsea and United for example only for Drogba, Ronaldo and co to step up and wipe the floor with them time after time.

Whilst it can't be the end target, surely it's better than floundering about in 5th and below with an amateur at the helm and a team that's pretty much given up?

But it's realistic to think that if we just give some manager enough time and trust he will get us where we want to be?

Again, who specifically should have been given this time and trust?

The chopping and changing under Levy has gotten us a lot further than the previous administration got us. We've improved in a somewhat meandering fashion, but we've improved gradually. If not for the big money clubs like Chelsea and City I think it looks very likely that we would have reached our targets more consistently. But we haven't been massively underperforming, unless of course you think we have some divine right to get into a top 4 spot consistently.

Why are you so certain that a manager can't possibly do better if given the time and the backing to get the club exactly how he wants it?

Yeah we've improved, but he's made some stunningly bad decisions that have meant we've probably been set backwards 5 years too and missed countless opportunities to do even better. The idea of signing young players with potential and with a British core was a great one, it built us a fantastic team spirit and made us the best of the rest in this country. The idea of looking for this one mega manager who is going to solve all our problems and achieve our ludicrous expectations with the the constraints placed upon them has been a massive hindrance holding us back IMO

Back