• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Even if Sherwood gives them terrible instructions the amount of under-hit passes, misplaced passes, lack of runs to give available options are all down to the players. Yes, there are players coming back from injury and there are players played in positions they don't favour, but the lack of energy and desire shown at some point has to come down to the players.

100%

It's pretty obvious that Sherwood is going to lack some experience, what he needs are the 'strong' characters' in the dressing room to stand up and be counted, not f**k off into the corners, hide and moan about things. Funny how Vertonghen and Van Persie both begin with 'V'...

Ramsey was previously U16s coach. So the level between Inglethorpe (U18s/next gen) and Bradley Allen (U15s). And all under McDermott.

That's not a comment on his ability, just that he wasn't all that senior in/integral to the setup. McDermott and (till his departure to Liverpool) Ingelthorpe have been the key guys who have sorted out the academy of the past 5 or so years.

Ramsey is also an assessor for coaching badges. AVB being one of those he has graded.

Why is everything now Sherwood's fault but under AVB nothing was his fault?

The answer's in your question. Things that were AVB's fault I blamed on him (like wasting time on the UEFA Cup). Things that are Timmeh's fault I blame on him.

Nothing I can do about it if our caretaker is in over his head.

Amazing isn't it.

No more amazing than everything that was AVB's fault is now not Deadwood's fault even though similar failings are being exposed. And instead the players should stand up and be counted for TS because he is "inexperienced" whilst for AVB this was down to his bad man-management skills. Both sides are as one-eyed as the other!!

No more amazing than everything that was AVB's fault is now not Deadwood's fault even though similar failings are being exposed. And instead the players should stand up and be counted for TS because he is "inexperienced" whilst for AVB this was down to his bad man-management skills. Both sides are as one-eyed as the other!!

I think the players under-performed under both managers to be honest. There's evidence to suggest that they struggled to act upon the instructions AVB was giving them also. I don't think there was anything wrong with AVBs man management skills, if I was in his shoes I probably would have handled the Ade thing a little differently, but I can see and respect why he handled it the way he did. Other than that, the rest of the players (bar BAE) seemed to enjoy working under him.

Interesting quote by Ferdinand about 3 years ago:

"Let's be honest; I got an opportunity at Tottenham because Harry Redknapp saw a niche and felt players like myself and Tim Sherwood were being wasted, going out of the game when we could bring something back to it.

"We've got a coach at Tottenham, Chris Ramsey, who works with the development squad and is one of the best coaches I've ever seen, but he'll never get an opportunity because he's not anyone's mate. We all know football's about giving jobs to your mates.

"Would I get an opportunity at Tottenham? Would I get an opportunity at QPR? At Saudi Sportswashing Machine? No. It's just the way it's been."

www1.skysports.com/football/news/12384/7170036/jobs-for-the-boys

After losing his first 3 cup matches, surely Sherwood must beat Dnipro now. If he doesn't, he will surely be known as the manager with the worst cup record of all time.

Lost Mango;518313[B said:
]No more amazing than everything that was AVB's fault is now not Deadwood's fault even though similar failings are being exposed[/B]. And instead the players should stand up and be counted for TS because he is "inexperienced" whilst for AVB this was down to his bad man-management skills. Both sides are as one-eyed as the other!!

I think this hasn't happened tbh.

The answer's in your question. Things that were AVB's fault I blamed on him (like wasting time on the UEFA Cup). Things that are Timmeh's fault I blame on him.

Nothing I can do about it if our caretaker is in over his head.

That's the only fault you found with AVB?

That's the only fault you found with AVB?

No, I think he wasn't firm enough with Levy over Ade and he (alongside the rest of the transfer committee) left us short at left back for the season. He backtracked on Dawson (which I thought was a good idea at the time) who didn't fit into our style of play and played Brad far too much when our defence needed to get used to Lloris.

Errr…you're picking the wrong stick to swing here. I've defended AVB on many many things, but certain players need to stand-up and be counted. They stopped playing for AVB too. In fact, I said this after City, when I first heard he was in trouble and could lose his job (at that time I didn't know whether he'd survive the post-match meeting) and said that sadly, if he HAD lost the players then he had to go. Sorry, but your attempt to divide and neatly package every opinion as 'one side or the other' is way off-base here, waaaaaay off-base. With regards to bad man-management skills on the part of AVB, what would you call the Adebayor situation? You know, it is possible to like a man, and even his potential as a manager, and even to sympathize with his situation but still criticize aspects of his work which deserve criticism. Frankly, that can be applied across the board for all our managers...

Errr…you're picking the wrong stick to swing here. I've defended AVB on many many things, but certain players need to stand-up and be counted. They stopped playing for AVB too. In fact, I said this after City, when I first heard he was in trouble and could lose his job (at that time I didn't know whether he'd survive the post-match meeting) and said that sadly, if he HAD lost the players then he had to go. Sorry, but your attempt to divide and neatly package every opinion as 'one side or the other' is way off-base here, waaaaaay off-base. With regards to bad man-management skills on the part of AVB, what would you call the Adebayor situation? You know, it is possible to like a man, and even his potential as a manager, and even to sympathize with his situation but still criticize aspects of his work which deserve criticism. Frankly, that can be applied across the board for all our managers...

=D>

Had AVB done the same interview as Ferdinand (which said he likes center midfielders to have ability going forward and wants to develop a fluid system where anyone can drop in and out rather than 'Whats a DM?') you would be hailing it as 'progressive'.

Had AVB given that interview whilst managing a team that screened the defence I'd have hailed it as progressive. If he'd given that interview as part of a management team that was in charge of a big gaping hole in front of our defence I'd say he was completely out of his depth and had failed to grasp some very basic concepts about tactics.

I doubt that Ramsey would have been working with Sherwood in the first place if the relationship was like that. I would assume that he is not short on offers.

I suspect Ramsey sees a future for himself at Spurs and (knowing that it's incredibly unlikely that Timmeh will be anything other than a short-term appointment) will keep his head down if he has any sense.

I think that you are doing Ferdinand a slight disservice there too. He didn't say that, he said that he liked midfielders to be able to attack as well as defend. He is not alone in this, even some "progressive" coaches like their teams to play like this.

That's fine if the evidence is there of a team you're coaching actually using a screen in front of the defence. When that team is leaving gaps the way we were you have to ask if what he's saying is insightful or if he's just making noises with his mouth that make nice soundbites.

When it comes to the team being a shambles, it is something that has happened several times this season and under both managers.

I'd say that for parts of the first half of the season we sometimes did the right thing badly. Currently we're doing the wrong thing badly and that's a concern.

All I'm pointing out (in response to Jurgen's comment as much as anything) is that some people are as one sided in favour of Sherwood as others are against him yet see no hypocrisy in their comments or belittlement of the other position.

I'm not dividing any one into any groups, Enough people are doing that for themselves as people's bias is evident in their posting history. A majority are balanced, but there are a vocal few who keep the cud churning yet take offence when it is pointed out.

Not sure why all the AVB comments, the guy had the team underperforming, and paid with his job.

TS also has the team (especially as a unit) underperforming, hence he is being questioned. Are people less patient with him than they were with AVB? quite possibly, but that's always the danger when you take a big job without experience, the first thing that goes wrong, your ability (due to lack of experience and therefore track record) will get questioned.

All I'm pointing out (in response to Jurgen's comment as much as anything) is that some people are as one sided in favour of Sherwood as others are against him yet see no hypocrisy in their comments or belittlement of the other position.

I'm not dividing any one into any groups, Enough people are doing that for themselves as people's bias is evident in their posting history. A majority are balanced, but there are a vocal few who keep the cud churning yet take offence when it is pointed out.

Fair enough, apologies for personalizing your initial post mate.

Back