• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I think finishing fourth or above in a league this open would be a massive achievement regardless of the points total

Agreed. I am very happy that we are in the running despite not yet hitting top form. I only hope Sherwood can sustain his impressive start. Going out of both domestic Cups is both a shame and a blessing imv: 2 competitions is plenty if we're going to finish top 4.

Agreed. I am very happy that we are in the running despite not yet hitting top form. I only hope Sherwood can sustain his impressive start. Going out of both domestic Cups is both a shame and a blessing imv: 2 competitions is plenty if we're going to finish top 4.

We were never going to win the domestic cups so it's good we are out now, like you say a blessing as we now have only two competitions. We have a legitimate chance of winning and of course a race for the top four which would be unreal if we could achieve.

Thank you. So let's give him some time and stop the sniping in the meantime, eh?

Too early to judge overall on the football. We can still comment/judge on the idiocy of his punditry or wanting to employ Jamie Redknapp.
As for sniping, when he gets things right I'll say so (as I did about Southampton and Swansea) when he gets things wrong I'll point them out too.

I'll also hope he gets replaced with a better manager - nothing wrong with that. I'm sure we all hope Defoe will get replaced with Ibrahimovic.

One thing I won't ever do is like him. He a snidey little ****er and made a career out of ****ging Spurs off after we dared to get rid of such a football legend - he can win everything with us and I'll be glad but he'd still be a ****.

Too early to judge overall on the football. We can still comment/judge on the idiocy of his punditry or wanting to employ Jamie Redknapp.
As for sniping, when he gets things right I'll say so (as I did about Southampton and Swansea) when he gets things wrong I'll point them out too.

I'll also hope he gets replaced with a better manager - nothing wrong with that. I'm sure we all hope Defoe will get replaced with Ibrahimovic.

One thing I won't ever do is like him. He a snidey little ****er and made a career out of ****ging Spurs off after we dared to get rid of such a football legend - he can win everything with us and I'll be glad but he'd still be a ****.

Cannot disagree re: personal feelings towards his pre-managerial behaviour. The whole Jamie Redknapp thing is not on my radar unless the bloke gets hired. Interested to know who you would like to see come in. Obviously there ARE better managers in world football than Tim Sherwood, but who's available and who's going to assimilate with the various 'cultural strains' associated with us (I include the behaviour of boardroom, owner and fan expectations in this)? Klopp signed a new deal, Klinsmann would be great but only if he is given time.

As it is, this job is Sherwood's to lose (beyond the obvious contract - I'm talking performance) and if he continues to learn as quickly as he appears to be doing, we might all be in for a nice shock at the end of the season, and the reality that for the second time in a decade, we will be getting behind a manager who is good but a man we might not necessarily like as much as we'd wish.

To be a top football manager you have to have a ruthless streak. I am sure plenty of people didn't like Cloughie, Revie, Shankly, SAF. As long as he brings success to us, I really couldn't care less whether you like him or not.

To be a top football manager you have to have a ruthless streak. I am sure plenty of people didn't like Cloughie, Revie, Shankly, SAF. As long as he brings success to us, I really couldn't care less whether you like him or not.

I was going to ask how many current Premier League managers are likeable. Martinez and Laudrup seem alright but I struggle a bit after that.

I was going to ask how many current Premier League managers are likeable. Martinez and Laudrup seem alright but I struggle a bit after that.

Probably very few, but I'll bet the number that have spent time publicly insulting their future employer is even fewer.

Despite the raising of eyebrows among the Twitterati, Anderton insists he always knew Sherwood would find his way to the dugout.
"As a player he was a leader. He had his views and he didn’t hold back. We had lots of meetings with Glenn Hoddle and Tim was always pretty vocal about where we were going right and wrong - he wasn’t just saying things for effect, when he spoke he did it with belief.“
"He was a thinker, but he also knows that at times it's not rocket science. Tottenham have got good players and I think the way he sees it is that he’s giving them the opportunity to play to the best of their ability - he’s taken the shackles off a bit.
"They’ve got a great chance. What Spurs have going for them is that the squad is very strong. As we get towards the end of the season, when injuries start stacking up, that will become a very important factor. I think it will come down to Spurs and Liverpool for that fourth spot."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...i-always-knew-hed-be-boss#3CLp3sLiFZBYXEoi.99

Again Scara (you might have missed my question) interested to know who you thought would be a good candidate if Timbo tanks. Personally, if we switch, I'd favor De Boer/that structure over Van Gaal by a country mile. For me, Van Gaal would carry more baggage than Heathrow and be enormously devisive/not work well with Levy (which is a factor to consider)…De Boer fits the model…

I think, however, the one who would tick every single box would be Klinsmann. His work in reigniting German football from the youth system up, was nothing short of spectacular. Again though, it comes down to whether the chairman and manager could work together long long term. I 'think' it would be different with Klinsmann as he has the 'bedside manner' and cultural understanding which (sadly) AVB doesn't have (yet). Having said that, if Sherwood gets 4th, then he's staying and I'd be fine with that…

Anyway, interested in your POV on the above.

Time for you too to give TS a chance. Do you KNOW for a stone cold fact whether or not he will be the answer, because surely at this stage no one can. What if he turns out to be our Cloughie? What then?

We can surely ALL agree that we have had an encouraging PL start under TS, no? Anyone disagree?

The time to JUDGE him is when he has had a fair crack of the whip. Not before. And certainly not on his accent or what he does or doesnt say to the press. Or whether he wins a single one off game.

=D>

Again Scara (you might have missed my question) interested to know who you thought would be a good candidate if Timbo tanks. Personally, if we switch, I'd favor De Boer/that structure over Van Gaal by a country mile. For me, Van Gaal would carry more baggage than Heathrow and be enormously devisive/not work well with Levy (which is a factor to consider)…De Boer fits the model…

I think, however, the one who would tick every single box would be Klinsmann. His work in reigniting German football from the youth system up, was nothing short of spectacular. Again though, it comes down to whether the chairman and manager could work together long long term. I 'think' it would be different with Klinsmann as he has the 'bedside manner' and cultural understanding which (sadly) AVB doesn't have (yet). Having said that, if Sherwood gets 4th, then he's staying and I'd be fine with that…

I'd like Klinsmann - I'd be happy with that. I hadn't really considered him due to how he always seems to be saying how happy he is where he is.

Bielsa would have been my choice. I think he's gettable if we throw enough money his way but I think he's probably off Levy's radar.

LvG is my second choice assuming Utd don't go for him in the summer. I think the clashes you want to avoid are required for us to reach our goals (assuming our goals are more than a CL appearance every few years when we're lucky enough for one of the top 4 to **** up).

Also, it doesn't have to be if he tanks. As with any player we should always be ready to upgrade when possible.

Probably very few, but I'll bet the number that have spent time publicly insulting their future employer is even fewer.

I really don't understand why fans expect the manager to kiss the chairman's **** and always publicly back him. Football isn't like the real world, the rest of us may have to brown nose our bosses but that doesn't and shouldn't apply to football managers. If the chairman ****s up or doesn't back a manager I won't expect the manager to tow the line and say "we're happy with our squad" or some other ********. The chairman is the boss but he's not the fecking Pope.

I think finishing fourth or above in a league this open would be a massive achievement regardless of the points total

Me too and I hope the rest of our fanbase realises what an achievement it would be to finish above Liverpool with one of the best players in world football at their disposal and Man United who haven't finished lower than 3rd since the early 90s and look past the fact that they don't like Sherwood.

As things stand I do too. But I've got a feeling we'll go for another manager in the summer regardless of what happens for the remainder of the season.

Yes, maybe. I don't know about you but I can't really be doing with another transitional period under a new coach who'll end up doing a par job and getting the sack in 18 months time. Tim good, he knows team, he knows Levy, Tim play good football. Keep Tim.

What has he said against us in the past? I know that him and Hoddle didn't see eye to eye but he seems to have gone out of him way to play this down for ages. What am I missing?

Back