• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2016-17

Yep - beaten by a good young side.

Seemed like my impression too. I only watched the first half (or most of it anyway), but we were second best despite getting the goal. Some impressive performances, though no stand out superstars. I don't think we're making this tournament a priority, but a good chance for some of our youngsters to come up against a good side.

Chadli has done better in the EPL

Illustrates the size of the task for our young players trying to break into the first team when squad players struggling for game time can go to PL and Bundesliga clubs and do that well. Luckily Pochettino seems to have a plan for the most talented of our youngsters and stop us from being a place where young players are gathered up to fade away.

Illustrates the size of the task for our young players trying to break into the first team when squad players struggling for game time can go to PL and Bundesliga clubs and do that well. Luckily Pochettino seems to have a plan for the most talented of our youngsters and stop us from being a place where young players are gathered up to fade away.

it also shows how important to realise how the manager's system can affect player performance. chadli and bentaleb may be playing better because they are in a system works better to their strengths.

it also shows how important to realise how the manager's system can affect player performance. chadli and bentaleb may be playing better because they are in a system works better to their strengths.

Perhaps. I also think they're both just very good players who did well for us as well. Son has effectively replaced Chadli for us, I think he is a better player and would do even better than Chadli at WBA if he had somehow ended up there.

Whiteman, Walker-Peters, Walkes and Harrison not involved in the PL2 game tonight so could be in the squad for tomorrow.

Makes a lot of sense. Whiteman and KWP are meant to be very highly regarded, though cant say I've been overly impressed with Harrison in the bits and pieces I've seen of him. Walkes is an interesting one in my view given that he seems to have a lot of attributes (size, mobility, ability on the ball) but not clear where his best position might be - I'm not sure how tall he is, but when I've seen him he hasn't appeared tall enough to be a PL centre back, or as a minimum would need a commanding CB alongside him

Makes a lot of sense. Whiteman and KWP are meant to be very highly regarded, though cant say I've been overly impressed with Harrison in the bits and pieces I've seen of him. Walkes is an interesting one in my view given that he seems to have a lot of attributes (size, mobility, ability on the ball) but not clear where his best position might be - I'm not sure how tall he is, but when I've seen him he hasn't appeared tall enough to be a PL centre back, or as a minimum would need a commanding CB alongside him

I have a lot of sympathy for Walkes, he plays in any position for the team and cannot command a settled role, his physical presence and experience is important to the young sides we have been fielding. I can't see him getting a chance in our first team.

Cv2XlcFVUAE0Qb2.jpg

Game is live on MUTV.

Watched the 2nd half which finished 1-1. Spurs were the better team and created the better chances, but couldn't put them away. Familiar story I suppose.
Poch was there :)

Watched the 2nd half which finished 1-1. Spurs were the better team and created the better chances, but couldn't put them away. Familiar story I suppose.
Poch was there :)
Watching this made me appreciate Dembele and Janssen a lot more. I.e. the ability to hold the ball and bring others into play. In this match every player just got rid sideways rather than turning or driving into a dangerous area. Indicates why Edwards stands out, as he can actually turn with the ball and attack a defence.

KWP was the stand out as usual, though Goddard and Georgiou did well in spells too. I don't agree that no one turned and attacked players as KWP did this a lot, particularly 1st half. He played further forward today which I haven't seen for probably close to two years now, I'm wondering whether that had something to do with Pochettino as clearly there's something he doesn't like about him at RB as otherwise he'd have been involved with the 1st team in the cup at least, especially when we had no other natural full backs in the squad.

Back