• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2014-2015

Yeah Lazar won't need a work permit now Romania are fully EU

I'm pretty sure there was a story this week that Yahaya was having problems going with our U18s to a tournament in Malaysia because he was still a minor or something?

fuk me, at least read the story properly

He scored a good hat-trick and looks to have something about him. But we probably have even better than him in the youth set up. And English.

Nevertheless, so far for all of them to go before we can be sure that they'll make it.

Marcus Edwards. He's slightly less game ready than Azzaoui but then he is still 15 so should begin to catch up. Those two will form 2/3 of our attacking trio when Spurs youth win the PL in 2020.

Tottenham youngster Cameron Carter-Vickers will sign two-year deal with Spurs on 17th birthday despite Arsenal interest

Cameron Carter-Vickers decides to commit future to Tottenham
Spurs youngster will sign two-year deal on 17th birthday
Carter-Vickers has been attracting interest from Arsenal

Tottenham have convinced academy prospect Cameron Carter-Vickers to stay at White Hart Lane and sign his first professional contract after late interest from Arsenal.

The central defender, one of the brightest talents in the Spurs academy, has decided to commit his future to Spurs and will sign a two-year deal on his 17th birthday.

But the Tottenham Under-18, who has also been capped by the United States at youth level, has decided to stay at White Hart Lane.

Carter-Vickers is already 6ft 1in and his father was a basketball player in the United States before the family moved to Southend.

He joined Spurs when he was just 11 years old and is widely tipped to become the latest in a long line of central defenders to make it through the academy and into the first team.

In recent years Sol Campbell and Ledley King have both progressed through the youth ranks at White Hart Lane and were both regarded as two of the finest central defenders in the history of the Barclays Premier League.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Arsenal can keep their filthy, thieving hands off one of the jewels of our youth system. He's far better off where he is. We currently have a much better set up.

Besides which, I had always got the impression that there must be an unwritten, gentleman's agreement that the top English clubs don't poach each others' best youth prospects.

Good stuff.

Our u18 team won their first two games in the tournament in Florida. Nice little read on the second win here: http://www.spursodyssey.com/1415/u18to181214.html

Azzaoui the stand out attacking player once more.

I saw a live stream of the game. Spurs were the better team throughout. Pitch looked poor (too high and uneven a bounce), which meant that flowing, technical football was difficult. But we dominated possession against a team that pressed very well but eventually tired.

Azzaoui was good. Excellent dribbler. But decision making still needs work. CCV was dominant at centre back and also headed in the first goal. Luke Amos looked very solid and composed in centre midfield. And Anthony Georgiou showed great pace down the right before putting in a peach of a cross for Loft to tuck in for the second.

Toluca were a nasty, snide little side, by the way. Constant niggly fouls and forever arguing with the referee. Our boys, for the most part, did a great job of rising above it and just getting on with the job.

Arsenal can keep their filthy, thieving hands off one of the jewels of our youth system. He's far better off where he is. We currently have a much better set up.

Besides which, I had always got the impression that there must be an unwritten, gentleman's agreement that the top English clubs don't poach each others' best youth prospects.

Better not mention a certain Zeki Fryers to Sir Alex then ... :D

Better not mention a certain Zeki Fryers to Sir Alex then ... :D

Ha! That's slightly different.

Fryers was already 20 when he left Utd for Standard Liege and not even close to being one of their best prospects. Besides which, he had already seen out his first professional contract by then and looked no closer to becoming a regular feature in the first team. Utd weren't bothered about losing him. They just wanted to squeeze more money out of us.

I was referring more to the poaching of youth players who haven't even had the opportunity to sign a professional contract (i.e. before their 17th birthday).

I had wondered what had happened to Aki, he was/is quite highly rated as a striker from what I hear.

Good news for carter-vickers to.

I don't think that Akindayini is going to make it at Spurs. He's a good finisher and has scored a lot of goals at various age groups but he doesn't have much else to his game. He's definitely somewhat down the pecking order now - behind Shayon Harrison, who is nearly two years younger.

I think he'll be more of an Obika than a Kane. Will do a good job at a lower level than Spurs.

Whenever I look at the game reports Akindayini wass one name that had shown up on the scoresheets a lot. It was always him, Onomah, Oduwa, Sonupe and Winks.

Whenever I look at the game reports Akindayini wass one name that had shown up on the scoresheets a lot. It was always him, Onomah, Oduwa, Sonupe and Winks.

Yep. Has definitely scored more than his fair share.

But that's partly down to the quality of player he has had behind him, providing him with great service. At Spurs, he has has always played for one of the most dominant teams in the country in his age group so it's only natural that, as the team's principal striker, he should have scored plenty of goals.

But as I said, he's down the pecking order now. He's 19 and yet to come close to a first team appearance. Nor has he been out on loan. It's a shame but I don't think he has a long term future at the club other than as another Obika.

Best prospects currently are;

Veljkovic (CB/DM)
Winks (CM)
Onomah (CM)
Yahaya (CM)
Carter-Vickers (CB)
Walker-Peters (RB)
Azzaoui (AM)
Edwards (AM)
Harrison (ST)
Loft (ST)
Lazar (CM)
Sterling (ST)
Tanganga (CB)
Bennetts (AM)
Oakley-Boothe (CM)

Best prospects currently are;

Veljkovic (CB/DM)
Winks (CM)
Onomah (CM)
Yahaya (CM)
Carter-Vickers (CB)
Walker-Peters (RB)
Azzaoui (AM)
Edwards (AM)
Harrison (ST)
Loft (ST)
Lazar (CM)
Sterling (ST)
Tanganga (CB)
Bennetts (AM)
Oakley-Boothe (CM)

Yep. Although I'd add Tom Glover (GK) and Nathan Oduwa (WF) to that list. There's obviously been a bit of a buzz around Cameron Carter Vickers, Josh Onomah and Marcus Edwards in particular. But I'm also hearing good things about Tashan Oakley-Boothe. Among others of those younger age groups to look out for seem to be Alfie Whiteman, Tom McDermott (both GK's), Nya Kirby (CF) and Jack Roles (CM).

Quite a few others (including recent academy graduates) who don't get as many plaudits but who could nevertheless mature into proper players:

Conor Ogilvie (LB)
Christian Maghoma (CB)
Filip Lesniak (CM)
Anton Walkes (CM)
Luke Amos (CM)
Cy Goddard (CM)
Will Miller (CM / AM)
Anthony Georgiou (RM)

In addition, there are a couple of slightly older players who have made great late progress in the past year or so - Dominic Ball (CB) and Luke McGee (GK).

Yep. Has definitely scored more than his fair share.

But that's partly down to the quality of player he has had behind him, providing him with great service. At Spurs, he has has always played for one of the most dominant teams in the country in his age group so it's only natural that, as the team's principal striker, he should have scored plenty of goals.

But as I said, he's down the pecking order now. He's 19 and yet to come close to a first team appearance. Nor has he been out on loan. It's a shame but I don't think he has a long term future at the club other than as another Obika.

Fair enough. WWhat happened to Lancaster was he released?

Fair enough. WWhat happened to Lancaster was he released?

Released this summer, according to wiki, and now at Stevenage.

Made that one brief and promising cameo three seasons ago but then suffered either one bad injury or a succession of injuries, after which he was never able to earn another first team chance.

Terrible luck. Hope he can still make a career for himself as a player.

Mauricio Pochettino believes Tottenham could have the best academy in Europe.

And that was one of the Argentine's biggest reasons for leaving Southampton for Spurs this summer.

Southampton, of course, are notorious for the success of their own youth system - one which Pochettino himself was a big beneficiary of.

But the now Tottenham boss admits the 'unbelievable' academy and training ground in north London proved too big a draw for him at the start of the current campaign.

“For us, it’s very important to develop our young talent because we have an unbelievable academy and training ground and we need to profit from it,” Pochettino told reporters.

“It is important because the academy is always the heart of any club. It was one of the main reasons I decided to come here. The opportunity to work with this club’s academy was fantastic. I think it is the best in England, maybe even Europe.

“When a player arrives from the first team into the academy, it is special for everyone. It is important to put this philosophy in practice and give the opportunity to our young talent."

Pochettino has now got Tottenham playing much more consistently, with Spurs seventh in the Premier League table. Former side Southampton, however, are still two points about them in fifth despite not winning for five games.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/12/20/the-best-in-europe-pochettino-reveals-his-biggest-reason-for-lea/

Back