• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2014-2015

Is Grant Hall still at Birmingham? I don't think he has featured at all under the new manager and given their much improved form that's not likely to change.

IIRC Hall got an injury around about the same time as the new manager came in. He did get a few starts for them after that but I think he has just fallen out of favour.

IIRC Hall got an injury around about the same time as the new manager came in. He did get a few starts for them after that but I think he has just fallen out of favour.

No, he has not played at all since their 0-8 loss under their caretaker duo. Only made the bench once under the new guy as far as I can tell.

Gary Rowett's five games in charge has seen 3 wins and 2 draws, with only 2 goals conceded. He won't get back in that side any time soon.

Marcus Edwards is playing for @england U17s against @Socceroos right now. You can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNtYE71E5qk&feature=youtu.be … - he's number 10.

He is very small, I know some young players like Rooney and Owen come through early, my thoughts are that Edwards despite having some lovely close control and skill he is not near being ready for top flight physical football.

Nice bit of skill on the kid, very dodgy hair cut mind.

He is very small, I know some young players like Rooney and Owen come through early, my thoughts are that Edwards despite having some lovely close control and skill he is not near being ready for top flight physical football.

Yes, a little black fella scurrying about with a huge afro, reminds me of Raheem Sterling mixed with Willian, but not nearly as good of course, he is still a schoolboy.

I like him though, he has a nice touch, scampers about, doesn't lose the ball as much as the other guys out there. Had a good freekick.

There is a big lump up front Ike Ugbo who for some reason I assumed was a Cheatski player and guess what... he is. Makes me think of Drogba, Carlton Cole, Lukaku i.e. a huge black guy powering on and blatting it at the keeper.

I don't think there's any suggestion that he's close to first team football. Still only 16.

Only watched a bit of the first half but from what i saw Edwards seems to have something about him, what is he 15/16?

Highlights from our 2-1 win against Emirates Marketing Project in our U21s Premier League fixture on Monday night.
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spu...e/barclays-u21-pl--spurs-2-1-manchester-city/

Kyle Walker completed 67 minutes on his return to action as our Under-21s toppled Emirates Marketing Project 2-1 thanks to a double from Shaq Coulthirst at Stevenage on Monday night.
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/u21-city-home-report-011214/

Ugo Ehiogu was left with mixed emotions after our Under-21s beat high-flying Emirates Marketing Project in the Barclays U21 Premier League on Monday night.
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/u21s-city-ugo-verdict-021214/

I snaffled this from spurscommunity. Refers to Milos Veljkovic's first appearance, as a sub, for Middlesbrough:

Came on after 63 minutes when Boro 4-0 up.

Some enouraging comments on
http://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=4209935

1. Impressive performance when he came on. Granted we were 4-0 up when he came on but liked what I saw. Tidy on the ball, quick in the tackle and opened them up twice for Adomah and Nsue to miss good chances.

2. Too early to say but he looks a good option to have and looks like he can open up a defence which I didn't expect. Thought he would just sit in front of defence but had more about him.

3. His 2 reverse passes were worth the admission.
Cool as you like.

I watched Huddersfield-Brentford yesterday as I had an HD feed available. Brentford are a pleasure to watch. Pressing all over the pitch and playing some neat passing football. How they lost I have no idea. They had so many chances and the opposition keeper pulled of some cracking stuff for the cameras.

Pritchard had a couple of decent shots. One was blocked and another just wide. While he's on the right, he comes inside a lot and their RB is very good going forward. His movement and workrate was good, but he wasn't that involved I felt. Kind of reminds me of Wheelchair with the low center of gravity and how he moves with the ball. Spent zero time on his **** though.

I watched Huddersfield-Brentford yesterday as I had an HD feed available. Brentford are a pleasure to watch. Pressing all over the pitch and playing some neat passing football. How they lost I have no idea. They had so many chances and the opposition keeper pulled of some cracking stuff for the cameras.

Pritchard had a couple of decent shots. One was blocked and another just wide. While he's on the right, he comes inside a lot and their RB is very good going forward. His movement and workrate was good, but he wasn't that involved I felt. Kind of reminds me of Wheelchair with the low center of gravity and how he moves with the ball. Spent zero time on his **** though.

the few times ive watched them ive noticed the same thing, when he has the ball hes good with it but just not involved enough in the the general play and hope people here arent thinking that hes pulling all the strings for them as hes not.

personally i dont think he will make it at spurs

Cheers guys.

I still think it's a positive that he's holding his own in the Championship. The step up to PL football might not be that large.

Might not be his role to be playing the strings? Not when playing wide at least I would have thought?

Cheers guys.

I still think it's a positive that he's holding his own in the Championship. The step up to PL football might not be that large.

Might not be his role to be playing the strings? Not when playing wide at least I would have thought?

He doesn't play wide though, he stays about 10 metres infield, sometimes wanders centrally. That is fine when you have an attacking RB, but he should be more involved in build up play.

I would recommend watching Brentford in general as they play very good football in the same vein we are trying to.

He doesn't play wide though, he stays about 10 metres infield, sometimes wanders centrally. That is fine when you have an attacking RB, but he should be more involved in build up play.

I would recommend watching Brentford in general as they play very good football in the same vein we are trying to.

So a similar role/position to what Eriksen plays for us these days?

Will try to if I get the chance!

Back