• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2014-2015

Watching Emirates Marketing Project vs Swansea. 1-1 at half time and Tom Carroll has looked like he belongs out there. He's taken his chance well following Shelvey's suspension and it wouldn't suprise me if Monk keeps him in ahead of Shelvey.

Watching Emirates Marketing Project vs Swansea. 1-1 at half time and Tom Carroll has looked like he belongs out there. He's taken his chance well following Shelvey's suspension and it wouldn't suprise me if Monk keeps him in ahead of Shelvey.

He looks like a squad player at best in that team, doing not much wrong or spectacular either way. I know he is young and still learning, but he needs to step up again to be good enough for a team challenging for top 4. I predict that we will cash out and sell him, but would love to be proven wrong.

I'm a huge Carroll fan but I don't think he played well today.

He looks like a squad player at best in that team, doing not much wrong or spectacular either way. I know he is young and still learning, but he needs to step up again to be good enough for a team challenging for top 4. I predict that we will cash out and sell him, but would love to be proven wrong.

But he doesn't play for a team that is challenging top 4 :-k

I'm not saying it was his best game, but up against the champions he did better than many others have. He was slow to react on a couple of occasion's but for the most part he did his job, dropping back when Ki went forward and knitting play together. He's not gonna do anything spectacular in that role as Siggy and Bony quite often came short for passes, no option for that killer pass.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-vs-swansea-city-8157470

Seems you're not the only one who saw his performance as encouraging. I'm just glad he's getting a run of games as i'm a bit of a Carroll fanboy myself. Think he's a boss.

A lot of talk in one of the other threads about what players we have in the youth ranks who could step up and this lads name was mentionned. Nice little bit of skill

[video=youtube;HFhGq-9lA6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFhGq-9lA6U[/video]

Oduwa is a guy with a lot of talent but i feel he will need a couple years of loans to adapt his playing style to 'mens football'

Oduwa is a guy with a lot of talent but i feel he will need a couple years of loans to adapt his playing style to 'mens football'

seems abit jay emmauel thomas to me.. supremely talented in his youth, mainly because he was bigger than everyone else. but when it come to mens football, he wasnt anything special.

Re: Which youngster will break through this season?

Players that big should be stepped up a bracket or two earlier than your average youth player

Cool to see Harry Winks get his debut yesterday. Thought he did alright and was well supported by the fans. A video up on the OS with him after the game, he said it was the best moment of his life so far and looked delighted. Seemed to have a good attitude too, focused on getting back to training today to continue working hard.

Probably won't get a PL game anytime soon unless injuries pile up, but might be in the squad for the Besiktas game?

Re: Which youngster will break through this season?

"@WhoScored: .@RyanFredericks_: Has averaged more tackles per game (5) than any other team in the Championship this season #boro"

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

Everybody at the Club sends their best wishes to Joe Pritchard after the Academy midfielder suffered a fracture to his leg in today's game against Norwich. We wish Joe a speedy recovery.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

Everybody at the Club sends their best wishes to Joe Pritchard after the Academy midfielder suffered a fracture to his leg in today's game against Norwich. We wish Joe a speedy recovery.

What a shame for him. Been playing well for the U18's (in addition to being captain). Hopefully comes back stronger than before.

Brentford are sitting comfortably in the play off places.

Coulthirst barely getting a kick down at Southend recently. Might be worth recalling him. I'd rather he not get a kick and train with our first team than not get a kick and train with them.

BTW, Spurs won that U18 game at Norwich 3-0 to go joint top of the southern section (though having payed a game or two more than some other teams).

Brentford are sitting comfortably in the play off places.

Coulthirst barely getting a kick down at Southend recently. Might be worth recalling him. I'd rather he not get a kick and train with our first team than not get a kick and train with them.

I don't get the impression that Coulthirst is going to be one who makes it with us. If Southend can't find room for him, best for him to go to another club that will.

Back