• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Winger Thread

I saw Mahrez a few times last season (girlfriend is a Leicester fan). I think he would be phenomenal in a better team, for instance, ours.

If we sign him he'll do very well here.

Schlup was the player that I would've liked from Leicester.... I think he has signed a new contract this summer though.

Schlupp was atrocious every time I saw him last season, bar the goal against us. Pace merchant with zero discernible skills.

I think Mahrez has a lot of talent but he is a long way from being the required quality. Worth a punt if we don't obtain our targets and need to bring someone in in a hurry.

I'm gonna be bold and say we will get rid of Ade and Soldado so Berahino and an as yet unnamed young foreign striker.

Probably one or 2 others but as im not ITK i have no clue.

Repeat to fade. Yesterday's game should have highlighted it once again for you. It's all well and good knocking the ball around in front of the penalty area and keeping possession, but until we sign wide players with genuine skill and flair, we will struggle to create chances and we will struggle to win matches. I can't take another season of watching Lamela looking like a toddler trying to open a bottle of Calpol

We need pace on one side

mane showed last year that despite his limited technical side his pace was a massive threat

No goal threat from either wing , no pace and directness in our play .. We need serious improvement ... Lamela is terrible .. I'd def sell .. Was shocking yesterday giving ball away in dangerous areas , can't pass ten yards for brick and missed a complete sitter .. I'd sell both Townsend and Lamela and go cracked in two wide players that make defence and teams sit up and worry before ball even kicked .. If I playing against and see Townsend n Lamela in line up its happy days for me .. Apart from this I'm more about centre of midfield more .. Very predictable and slow and no real creativity or pure defensive qualities .. People rave about bentaleb, tidy player but seriously don't get all the hype ... Need someone who protects back 4 and offers presence for me .. He is neither creative , scores enough or offers enough protection .. Not wholly confident about season and if I was poch I wud be getting worried . No real proper players who make a difference in games . Every decent side has one .. Without Kane's goals last year and lloris at back I dread to think where we wud have been

We need pace on one side

mane showed last year that despite his limited technical side his pace was a massive threat
Not sure pace alone is enough. We do have Townsend and look at the impact he's had. We need someone tricky. Yarmolenko ticks the boxes, but unfortunately only on YouTube. Maybe he's the real deal, who knows? Worth the punt?

I wouldn't class Townsend and quick personally as I've rarely seen him beat a man with pace

We need variety and we don't Have that

We're really one dimensional in the 3 behind Kane. There all wanna be number 10s and can be very predictable

Yep, Townsend having pace is such a bizarre myth. He's direct, he runs at defenders, people seem to get that confused with him being fast, which he isn't.

I think it's because he plays with his head down like a sprinter rather than looking up

Lennon has pace to burn but clearly isn't in the frame

I used Mane as an example... A really blunt weapon as he is technically average at best but a real threat with his pace

Chadli averaged a goal better than every 3 games (11 in 31) in the league last year, he may not contribute much else but that's a decent return.

He contributed more goals and more assists than Eriksen, who's been poor for months now. Where are the calls for him to be dropped (other than mine)?

In pre season he's been our best player, but he got tagged as useless when he signed and that was it.

He contributed more goals and more assists than Eriksen, who's been poor for months now. Where are the calls for him to be dropped (other than mine)?

In pre season he's been our best player, but he got tagged as useless when he signed and that was it.

As I saw it Eriksen looked more gassed out than anything, first half of the season he was on fire and obviously had decent fitness/sharpness levels as he got us quite a few late goals etc. Don't forget he's still relatively young and probably still filling out a little, now we have a more settled team it's a big season for him, need him to show more influence in the bigger games and really start to run them which for me is the next stage of his development.

Looking forward to seeing how Chadli does this season, if him and Eriksen can get 15 each in the league then I'd be fairly confident we'd be in the top 4. Quite a high target but the top goalscoring midfielders like Pires, Scholes, Lampard etc used to get around that or more most seasons - certainly double figures each should be the minimum.

Eriksen wins the "run the furthest" competition each week. Somehow, doesn't seem to get that far around the pitch, but somehow he quietly does... so he gets a free pass for that, whereas Chadli doesn't chase back so much as he is more of a powerful big guy. Like comparing a sprinter with a marathon runner... but people expect both to chase back equally.

I keep hearing Chadli never tries to beat his man, yet every time I watch us play he does that all the time. Pretty sure this 'not tracking back' thing is a bit of a myth as well, gonna have to keep an eye on that from now on.

Back