• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Winger Thread

I have a small hope that Nathan Oduwa might make something of a breakthrough this summer too. By all accounts, he's acquitted himself well in training and in the two behind-closed-doors friendlies thus far. He certainly has qualities that our current first team squad lacks in any great depth.

My mate that supports Luton wasn't 100% convinced. But I thought he looked great in the King testimonial (everyone needs to check out THAT goal)

My mate that supports Luton wasn't 100% convinced. But I thought he looked great in the King testimonial (everyone needs to check out THAT goal)

It's always a tricky one with loans. He joined a club chasing promotion in early February, and I can't imagine too many managers are going to rely on an 18 year-old who just joined the club during the business end of the season. When you add that 8 of his 11 appearances came off the bench, I feel like it's tough to take too much from his performances in that situation. Probably was just good for him to get games in the Football League.

I reckon come close of window last few days and United not signed him then I think we might go for gaitan at benfica ..

Onomah (the ACM) is supposed to be the better of the two young AMs, but I'd love to see Oduwa given a shot as Chadli's LWF understudy next season.

Yeah seen them both play quite a few times (and Onomah is rated a lot higher by people in the club) but just have a feeling Oduwa will come good out of the two of them.

Onomah is a year younger than Oduwa so it's not ideal to compare them at this stage. Besides, they play somewhat different positions. Oduwa is primarily a winger who can also play as a forward while Onomah is an attacking central midfielder but, in time, he might become more of a box-to-box central midfielder. He has a bit of Pogba about him.

Physically and mentally, it's likely that Oduwa is more ready for first team football. And, tellingly, he has been a standout player in both the summer's behind-closed-doors friendlies thus far (check out the latest video of the Reading game). He also happens to play in a position in which we are currently a bit thin. So he might well get his chance.

I'd ignore whatever any Luton fan has to say about Oduwa. Most accounts I've read suggest that he looked good in his few cameo appearances but, at the time that he joined on loan, Luton had a big slump in form. So the manager, John Still, felt it better not to expose him too much. He was therefore unable to get a decent run of games or build any momentum. But it will at least have toughened him up a bit and taught him a few things.

What I like about Oduwa is that he has pace and runs past people (not at them like a certain player)

That gives him the chance to be an impact player like Lennon was when he first came in

I'd happily sell Townsend and Lennon for a chance at signing Gaitan. Who knows what will happen if his move to UTD doesn't happen.

Lamela, Gaitan, Chadli, Oduwa and Pritchard for the wings is a decent five, especially with Pritchard able to cover in the middle.

Thought I'd throw a name into the ring - Ivan Perisic.

I was just reading the German press this morning and it seems like he is keen to leave Wolfsburg (who can blame him - the most depressing city in the developed world - looks a bit like a post-apocalyptic rebuilding of humanity type job) and apparently Inter are interested.

Hard working, versatile, good for a goal or two and a few assists. Probably going for around €10 million. Experienced international.

I think he might be worth a punt.

But, as I've said before, we should go for Philipp Schobesberger from Rapid Vienna. Would be a steal at around €2 million. Pace to burn, direct, skillful and no risk whatsoever. We should get in there before he goes to Saints or PSV or somewhere and suddenly starts commanding a fee upwards of 10 million.

Riyad Mahrez anyone? Looked a bit raw last season still and had nowhere near enough end product. But, he's clearly got a lot of talent and now that he's settled in English football we could see a big season from him next year. And he's a good mate of one of our best players...

10890618_693706510728578_1358393817_a.jpg

Thought I'd throw a name into the ring - Ivan Perisic.

I was just reading the German press this morning and it seems like he is keen to leave Wolfsburg (who can blame him - the most depressing city in the developed world - looks a bit like a post-apocalyptic rebuilding of humanity type job) and apparently Inter are interested.

Hard working, versatile, good for a goal or two and a few assists. Probably going for around €10 million. Experienced international.

I think he might be worth a punt.

But, as I've said before, we should go for Philipp Schobesberger from Rapid Vienna. Would be a steal at around €2 million. Pace to burn, direct, skillful and no risk whatsoever. We should get in there before he goes to Saints or PSV or somewhere and suddenly starts commanding a fee upwards of 10 million.

yes, triffic player

i see Draxler's people have been given permission to speak to Juve. Disappeared last season but I think he is made for the PL.

Riyad Mahrez anyone? Looked a bit raw last season still and had nowhere near enough end product. But, he's clearly got a lot of talent and now that he's settled in English football we could see a big season from him next year. And he's a good mate of one of our best players...

10890618_693706510728578_1358393817_a.jpg
So he was brick last season and you want to sign him as he may become good? Hmmm

Back