• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

The Saints manager is argentine/brazilian isn't he? would make sense with Gomes having a good grasp of English (translator on the pitch?)

The Saints manager is argentine/brazilian isn't he? would make sense with Gomes having a good grasp of English (translator on the pitch?)

Pochettino is from Argentina, which means he speaks Spanish. Gomes is from Brazil, which means he speaks Portugese.
While most of those who speak Portugese unterstand Spanish, those who speak Spanish struggle to understand Portugese.

Smarty on SO

I believe that we've had lengthy conversations about Negredo with Seville. I'm sure Jasper or one other will confirm or deny this as there's better ITK's out there than me. I just deal with the IT people at Spurs.

Lot of people at the club think that M'Villa and Negredo will be at Spurs by the weekend.

Anything else will depend on outgoings.

Gallas may well go end of window depending on Kaboul's recovery progress and his own injuries.

Livermore as we know will happen if Livermore happens.
Falque possibly going on loan as well

@Matt_davis95
Holtby deal supposed to take place this week if £1.6m is offered by #thfc. German reports expecting him to be available for FA Cup game.

Who: Cabinessence
When: 21/01/13
Where: FTL

Despite DL putting a striker down as a priority for this window, AVB has told DL that he's happy with the striker situation as it is. :~

Despite threads elsewhere suggesting he's unhappy and feels let down about promised signings which failed to materialise, AVB is apparently very happy with the squad(according to DL at least).

I've been away for a few days so haven't heard the Sandro injury update so asked him what the situation was and he confirmed out for the season-which you all probably know already. I know, war's over etc....
My man said he may now bring the kraut in early as a result. Don't know whether this latter bit was his view, rather than what DL told him.

Who: Cabinessence
When: 21/01/13
Where: FTL

Despite DL putting a striker down as a priority for this window, AVB has told DL that he's happy with the striker situation as it is. :~

Despite threads elsewhere suggesting he's unhappy and feels let down about promised signings which failed to materialise, AVB is apparently very happy with the squad(according to DL at least).

I've been away for a few days so haven't heard the Sandro injury update so asked him what the situation was and he confirmed out for the season-which you all probably know already. I know, war's over etc....
My man said he may now bring the kraut in early as a result. Don't know whether this latter bit was his view, rather than what DL told him.

Didn't he say different just recently?

Pochettino is from Argentina, which means he speaks Spanish. Gomes is from Brazil, which means he speaks Portugese.
While most of those who speak Portugese unterstand Spanish, those who speak Spanish struggle to understand Portugese.

So that would still work wouldn't it? Gomes can speak perfect Spanish according to interviews iirc (Wikipedia also says so, although the wikipedia has it's obvious inaccuracies) so it could make sense.

Smarty on SO

I believe that we've had lengthy conversations about Negredo with Seville. I'm sure Jasper or one other will confirm or deny this as there's better ITK's out there than me. I just deal with the IT people at Spurs.

out of all the strikers supposedly available id say the Negrado one is the most likely to come off - selling club eager to get rid, apparent lack of interest from other clubs - can imagine Levy getting a hard on already, come the final day of the window he'll be bang on it

@Matt_davis95
Holtby deal supposed to take place this week if £1.6m is offered by #thfc. German reports expecting him to be available for FA Cup game.

The German press/media have been saying this for the past week. They are usually pretty accurate bar a couple of rags

@Matt_davis95

This woulf be great. Plus Negredo in before the Norwich game (or the day after if it really has to go down to the wire) and I will be pretty darn chuffed with that

What multi-million pound business would pay someone tens of thousands of pounds a week to do something that they are not trained in when they could get a professional who would do it better for a fraction of the price?

What multi-million pound business would pay someone tens of thousands of pounds a week to do something that they are not trained in when they could get a professional who would do it better for a fraction of the price?

Maybe the same sort of business that sacks a manager who has bought them two promotions and looked as if he was doing a job at keeping them in the premiership and replacing him with an untried (in the prem) manager with limited English language skills.

I'm not disagreeing with you btw, I'm just no longer surprised at the stupidity of those than run multi million pound football clubs.

Back