• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

That would be our luck. At least if it is bad news we have 9 days to sort something, always run the risk of being left short upfront with just JD,EA and CD and nobody really able to step up from the reserves

Nothing really to do with luck. If you only have 2.5 CFs in the squad (i dont count CD as a full CF as he's not an out and out CF) and one of those two CFs will disappear for a month then you're running a risk

Gotta laugh at aqkayid and his little
Clique on twitter not one of them
Mentioned hooper now as soon as its confirmed avb was in Glasgow they're all banging on about how he's a target of ours and we're
Looking at signing him.

Right Levy, we need a new striker.

I don't think so especially.

Dempsey has 5 in his last 7. Defoe has 1 in his last 8. So Dempsey is our form forward at the moment.

Ade is back in under a week.

So we just play Siggy off Dempsey against Leeds and Norwich.

Gotta laugh at aqkayid and his little
Clique on twitter not one of them
Mentioned hooper now as soon as its confirmed avb was in Glasgow they're all banging on about how he's a target of ours and we're
Looking at signing him.

What confirmation is there that he was in Glasgow?

'Not for this window.'

So.. how long is left on Hooper's Contract? Anyone?

*edit* 18 months plus a refusal to extend contract, so he'll likely be going cheap in the summer. Has Levy's fingerprints all over it, as Fergie would mutter - contract arbitrages seem to be all we ever look at these days :(

If we sign Hooper when the likes of Bony and Son and Aubameyang are available at the same or lesser price at younger ages in better leagues, I really will be lost for words this time. It's not quite as bad as missing out on Falcao when he was moving to Europe and offered to us and Villa, or Cavani at 15m, but christ, our CL hopes are hinging on our choice of striker this January. It's not like Hooper is a teenager, he's already 25 in a league I could probably score in as a 8stone female with juvenile osteoarthritis - and *more importantly* (sorry if I come across as a league-elitist here, I know the South American and East European leagues are little better), he lacks the pace, dynamism, and first touch that AVB needs in his no. 9, as much as the ability to rummage around the penalty box and tap in the ball (which he does very well, admittedly, but he's still pretty damn slow for a striker). We have plenty of hard workers, we have plenty of husslers who can keep throwing darts at the board, what we need now is class, technique, and guile. (Good lord, when did we turn into Everton?)

I admit I don't watch Hooper regularly, and I'm as swayed by glamour (or lack of it) as much as anyone else despite my best attempts, but everything I've seen so far suggests he's not going to fit well here - and it's not like the Celtic forums are particularly disconsolable about losing him, just mildly disgruntled; they've lost better strikers before. Considering how strapped we are for cash, I think we have to be reeally careful about not wasting it on more meh squad players. I'd rather not buy Diame and add the 3.5m towards getting a better striker.

Having said that, if AVB *genuinely* wants him, and not just because the other choice is 'nothing at all', then I'm all for it.

Last edited:
ahhhhh i see, it must be part of the master plan to let him sign for Norwich then 8-[
I think he'd be crazy to sign for Norwich right now if there is interest from bigger clubs in the summer. Plus, he's got two matches against Juventus to look forward to.

just heard on the talksport transfer round up that AVB was at Parkhead checking out Hooper AND Wanyama

Danny M on COYS:
Just spoke to someone close to Hooper. No official contact made with player yet is what I have been told.
He did not even know if clubs had spoke.
Only offer he knows about is the Norwich one. Same as everyone else.

Just a gentle reminder, this is the "ITK" thread.

The discussion is wavering towards other topics, for which there are relevant threads.

Lets try and keep it on track please.

Back