• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

Has Levy told him that?

We already have two strikers, one forward and several attacking midfielders. I do not recall seeing any promises about adding another striker, quite the contrary.

In fact as far as i recalled AVB said he was happy with our Striker situation..

Really? Where is our striker then?

If Daniel Levy tells AVB that he has to get CL football, Levy needs to do his job too and get the players AVB wants.

Levy may have tried, but he failed. And he failed hard.

i'm scared to ask this question as it may segue into a Harry discussion, but what makes you think Levy has put so lofty an expectation of AVB in his first season bearing in mind the investment going on elsewhere

Has Levy told him that?

We already have two strikers, one forward and several attacking midfielders. I do not recall seeing any promises about adding another striker, quite the contrary.

It seems clear however that we were trying for another striker?

It's not just today though is it?

It's been like this since 2008 when Commolli got sacked. Levy is just not prepared to stick his neck out and go for it imo.

Ok we signed some good players last summer but for me Dembele and Vertonghen are the only ones that have made any impact and both looked poor on Wednesday against a pretty mediocre team tbf.

We went to the trouble of changing our manager in the summer also but have systematically failed to land the players he wants to bring in. Why did we not try to resurrect the Moutinho deal? If we knew that it would be difficult because of 3rd party rights then why has this not been worked out earlier. Same with Leandro, if these are the players AVB wants then go out and get them.

For me Levy is almost acting like a manager who has a puppet next to him to sort out the playing part of the job while he tries to buy the players he thinks we should get. If I was AVB I'd be looking for a new club at this point as this once again looks like it isn't going to work. The squad needed freshening up and as like last season Levy has failed to deliver.

Has Levy told him that?

AVB has said that CL was the minimum requirement numerous times.

No. We have 1 striker who is playing through injury, and another who is away at ACON, who also has done fudge all for us this year.

Tbh mate, you're probably making good points, but im being unreasonable because im tinkled off and believe we've been left short by a chairman who isnt supporting his manager.

I've been moaning about not getting a striker for a while but.... the unfortunate truth is we got in Bad Ade as our striker, but it turns out that he has temporarily forgotten how to score goals -bit like Torres. But it wasn't predictable that would happen. Same as Dempsey is taking his time finding his striking boots, and Siggy. I expect AVB thought there was plenty of goals in the squad. Still, we are now a competent striker short, so lets hope all the three aforementioned players get a bit of goalscoring form back.

Ho hum Ade has scored 2 in his last 4 games. He scored in his last appearance.

http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/ade-fires-togo-back-into-acn-contention-27012013.page

Cameron Lancaster - played what, 15 mins? Where he at now?!

Im annoyed, Dawkins was our 4th most senior striker - 25years young!
To be fair, he might be ok - seemed to have an "ok" record in the MLS. Probably right for Villa.

He's scored a few screamers in the MLS, be interesting to see how he does.

I would have loved a striker but happy to wait till the summer if it means we get the player we want.

In fact as far as i recalled AVB said he was happy with our Striker situation..

Yes he did say this but this was before Defoe stopped scoring goals, as he often does.

I also believe that had we secured the signing of LD he wouldn't be holding his head in his hands crying.

Anybody who has watched us this season can see that we simply do not have enough quality up front at the minute. We haven't scored more than one goal in a game since the FA cup 3rd round against a 1st division Coventry team on Jan 5th and Sunderland in the prem on Dec 28th.

In the last 4 games we've been beaten by a championship side, drawn with QPR and Norwich, neither of whom have been in good form and could have beaten Man U but just could not score.

All this because our strikers are just not good enough at the moment. We desperately needed a striker despite what AVB claimed and we failed yet again to land one.
Bye bye 4th place and CL!

I would have loved a striker but happy to wait till the summer if it means we get the player we want.

It is a bit strange but who cares if he hits, he hits. A former MLS guy just got a multi-million deal today.

AVB has said that CL was the minimum requirement numerous times.

No. We have 1 striker who is playing through injury, and another who is away at ACON, who also has done fudge all for us this year.

Tbh mate, you're probably making good points, but im being unreasonable because im tinkled off and believe we've been left short by a chairman who isnt supporting his manager.

You know this how?

If a player that fits with our budget and improves the squad is availalbe, im sure we would try and get them (see VDV).
The fact is we have three very good strikers in Defoe, Adebayor and Dempsey.
I think people underestimate how good they actually are and that the pool of strikers that would improve our squad and are attainable is not massive.

i wasnt suggesting we should have kept Dawkins - was being completely tongue in cheek!
i know nothing about Dawkins.

No need for the blasphemy - can we possibly respect each other's opinions on here?
I know that you don't get all transfer money up front. Nor do you spend in the same way.
I have never said, at any time, that the cash will have all come in.
But, if you have that asset on your Balance Sheet then you can commit future spending against it.
So please tell me why we have few funds available - I do not believe we ever spent all of the Modric money.
And if you convince me that you are an expert on football club finance I will bow to your superior knowledge

Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Vertonghen, Lloris, Aderbayor...

Thats what I think but today is very poor. I think Dempsey is on a roll but it wont last, then what are our options if Ade or Defoe get injured? Then what happened with all this Moutinho chat?

Back