• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

For the stalkers among you, this is Akqayid: https://twitter.com/neileatson

InsideTottenham @InsideTottenham

@neileatson was right about #Moutinho last night. Deal is close.

Don't want to get everyone excited but #JM could be a Spurs player by February

Much as I'd love us to sign Moutinho, I'm not sure that he's our most pressing need.

Striker, winger and left back are the priorities, IMO.

Completely disagree. Once we finally get a player who can retain the ball for us, all our other perceived weaknesses will suddenly seem far less pressing.

We need a striker in the summer because Defoe is old. We need a winger in the summer because Bale will likely be off. But they are both ok for this season. And we've coped all season without and LB and Benny is finally back now.

For the stalkers among you, this is Akqayid: https://twitter.com/neileatson

InsideTottenham @InsideTottenham

@neileatson was right about #Moutinho last night. Deal is close.

Don't want to get everyone excited but #JM could be a Spurs player by February

If a 'deal is close', surely he would be a Spurs player by January, even by December.

Unless 'deal is close' in his eyes means that Levy has decided he's definitely going to make a bid 10 minutes before deadline again.

Completely disagree. Once we finally get a player who can retain the ball for us, all our other perceived weaknesses will suddenly seem far less pressing.

We need a striker in the summer because Defoe is old. We need a winger in the summer because Bale will likely be off. But they are both ok for this season. And we've coped all season without and LB and Benny is finally back now.

You think we've coped well without a left back? I don't. At left back, JV is good going forward but not so great defensively. It also means that, all too often, we haven't been able to play him in his best position.

You think we've coped well whenever Bale or Lennon or both have been missing? I don't. We're not nearly as good a team as we are when they are on the pitch. We desperately need someone who can adequately replace either of them when they're missing and / or provide genuine competition for places.

You think we've coped well with the strikers that we have? I don't. Ade is an enigma. It appears that rumours of his disappearing form and effort once he has the security of a long term contract were true. He has been woeful this season. JD has done very well. But he is what he is. He doesn't bring that other dimension to our game that a better, more versatile and more tactically astute striker would bring.

You say that a midfielder who can "retain the ball for us" will solve most of our ills. I say that retaining possession is not about the ball carrier but, rather, mostly about the options given to the ball carrier by the other players. Give our current midfielders a striker who makes the right runs and can both keep and then use the ball once he has received it and already you are on the way to retaining the ball far better. Same is true of wide players making the right runs.

That's not to say that I wouldn't welcome Moutinho. Obviously, he's a great player. And, just as importantly, AVB knows, likes and trusts him - and vice versa. I just wouldn't like us to blow all our cash on Moutinho. And, given how much he's likely to cost, that would be a real possibility.

The original JJetset @jetsetyid

So after receiving 100 q's about Moutinio I asked what is happening &if close? my definitive answer was 'I wouldn't be surprised'!! #wtf

Maher has been on our radar for a couple of years since youth team.

@jetsetyid So its Levy being tight? It makes little sense IMHO - We will see. I think we are not see the whole picture though.

Not sure tight is the right word but careful is closer.

@jetsetyid I'm not suggesting otherwise. Being careful is different from not having the £. He needs something signif this jan

As most funds are going to go towards the new stadium. Now is not a good economy to be spending large sums on wages

@jetsetyid honest opinion mate- if a player AVB wanted, say Willian, would come for 25mill would DL spend? If not, we can't step up IMHO

My honest 'opinion' is No.

What a twerp. See this is the problem with ITKs. They have a following of gullible fans, and their brick creates a sense of angst around the club.

Fact. We are not going to sign Mourinho day 1 of the window, because he and his agent will be holding out for a better deal from a Champs League club with deeper pockets. Has nothing to do with Levy not backing his manager. It's all well and good for AVB to have his list but let's face it, any player worth his salt won't see us as the ultimate club to play for, and if they're the sort of player we think can help us make the step up, then clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal, as well as countless German, Spanish and Italian clubs, would be thinking the same.

What a twerp. See this is the problem with ITKs. They have a following of gullible fans, and their brick creates a sense of angst around the club.

Fact. We are not going to sign Mourinho day 1 of the window, because he and his agent will be holding out for a better deal from a Champs League club with deeper pockets. Has nothing to do with Levy not backing his manager. It's all well and good for AVB to have his list but let's face it, any player worth his salt won't see us as the ultimate club to play for, and if they're the sort of player we think can help us make the step up, then clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal, as well as countless German, Spanish and Italian clubs, would be thinking the same.

Absolutely.

Although I would point out that he is already at a Champions League club and can't therefore play for another club in the Champions League this season.

So, if it is his intention to hold out, he is likely to do so until the summer.

@jetsetyid honest opinion mate- if a player AVB wanted, say Willian, would come for 25mill would DL spend?

My honest 'opinion' is No.

You feel a sense of angst from "My honest opinion is no?"

This is the place to post and discuss ITK. Feel free to poke fun at them and it, but NO BASHING. That means no comments like 'He's full of brick', 'Why do you listen to these tossers' or 'Bunch of attention seeking pricks' and so on.

It's all a bit of light hearted entertainment in the end.

Last edited:
noahrobert on SC:

I don't usually get involved but one of our keepers MAY be off tonight. I know who and where and can post to mod, also why it won't happen if it wont...

Apparently decision made tonight.

noahrobert on SC:

I don't usually get involved but one of our keepers MAY be off tonight. I know who and where and can post to mod, also why it won't happen if it wont...

It would almost certainly be Gomes, as there are no transfer windows in Brazil (presuming he will be going back, rather than staying in Europe).

AVB said he would have gone in the summer if he'd've been able to pass a medical (in a complementary way about him being too good to be hanging around as a back-up).

noahrobert on SC:

Could be any one of three really

There has been talk of Cudicini and LA Galaxy. Apparently he has started following them on twitter.

Some proper ITK from The Journalist:

As it stands it is transfers by committee. In one corner you have Daniel Levy, another corner AVB, another corner Tim Sherwood and the voice being ignored, Steffen Freund. Besides that what is Les Ferdinand’s role at the club as AVB doesn’t know?

There is no big secret and the media don’t always get it wrong. Daniel Levy wants Christian Eriksen and has Tim Sherwood in his ear about this one but AVB is not convinced that the player is as good as others make out. While Daniel Levy, known for at least trying to pull a big signing out the bag, is hoping for a cut price deal on LLorente. Even Tim Sherwood is not convinced of this one. But it’s the type of deal Levy likes.

AVB wants Moutinho. That’s it. If Spurs sign him, and only him, AVB will be happy. Believe it or not AVB isn’t as complicated as others make out and unless he is the best poker player ever to grace the earth, he’s pretty straight talking. There are also strong hints being made that he would also like to go back to Porto in the summer for Bales replacement. But that’s too far down the line to even discuss. He has got a job on trying to convince Daniel Levy to sign Moutinho this window to even start thinking about the summer.

So to conclude, it won’t be a big shopping spree this summer. As it stands, it will either be Moutinho or Eriksen and Llorente. Unless Tim gets his way of course and the player from PSV he suggested, whose name won’t be divulged, gets the nod. The most interesting thing that will come from this window, as far as Tottenham is concerned, is that by the end of it, you’ll at least know for sure who’s in charge of signing the players.

Not spurs related but I’m told James Milner is available and they are willing to take a cut on what they paid.

JJetset says the transfer committee stuff is 100% accurate and the Dutch player is Maher.

Not saying that I believe what the Journalist guy says, but at least he puts his stuff out there in plain text. At this point his record must be close to nothing, no?

I would be delighted with either Moutinho or Llorente and Erikssen.

Back