• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

Ok, back on topic, I dont think we need 4 signings or even 5, just 1 = Moutinho would do me :)

Much as I'd love us to sign Moutinho, I'm not sure that he's our most pressing need.

Striker, winger and left back are the priorities, IMO.

20m today with inflation, increased agent fees, etc. - is worth about what we used to pay for Bent and Modric 4-5 years ago. So I'm not quite sure how you deducted a 20m player is unaffordable to us?

Back when we signed the likes of Modric and Bent, our wage bill was some 50% lower than it is now.

There has, I believe, always been a trade off at Levy's Spurs between wages and transfer fees - because we don't have the budget to make a massive splash in both. The priority used to be to build a squad that could compete for the top four. So resources were primarily directed at buying new players. Now, the priority is, as far as possible, to keep the players that we have. And that means paying higher wages. We can't do both. Yet.

Bear in mind, too, that the year we bought Modric, we also sold Berbatov and Keane.

That's not to say that a £20m player is unaffordable (after all, we quickly snapped up Dembele for £15m). But we can't go buying such players willy nilly - especially when, as in the case of Moutinho last summer, the asking price is suddenly increased at the last minute.

@jetsetyid: @steverevill we are looking for a forward but it's not AVB's choice!
I'm over it as he should just back his manager for once
#inDLyoutrust

Yes and look at the date, and then what was reported the following day?

Aqua is very erratic, gets loads of stuff wrong but does manage to get some exclusives now and then.

Agreeing to a deal and officially signing a player aren't the same thing. You can agree to pay £22m, drag it out and claim we ran out of time.

Agreeing to a deal and officially signing a player aren't the same thing. You can agree to pay £22m, drag it out and claim we ran out of time.

Yes, i agree with you. But He didn't say we'd agreed a deal.

'Has just become our record signing.'

Means the deal has been completed. Which it had not.

I'm done with this one.

He got ahead of himself then, perhaps he should have taken a minute and thought to himself "This may well be solid info but is Daniel Levy really going to spend £22m on a player?".

Maybe he just plucked "22m Moutinho deal" out of thin air and struck lucky.

He hears something, gets extremely excited and exaggerates like crazy. His tweets about done deals should be considered as interest in a player at best.

A poster on SC that claims to know the family of Ivan Rakitic says we've offered £14 million (or was it 16?), but the player would prefer to stay in Spain.

Would expect something like this to get picked up by media though.

A poster on SC that claims to know the family of Ivan Rakitic says we've offered £14 million (or was it 16?), but the player would prefer to stay in Spain.

Would expect something like this to get picked up by media though.

Similar sort of player to Moutinho, no? So no way that we would want both, I'd imagine.

Back