• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

Can I just point out, this thread is going WAY off topic, and the guilty parties are in danger of being smacked with a wet celery.

Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne
Spurs set to offer £16 million for Pjanic on opening day of the window. Agents on both sides working hard.

The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid
PJANIC is a steal and AVB didn't want :0( real quality!

Ali Z on COYS:

Ok I though long and hard about divulging what I know, firstly I would like to point out that I am nowhere as in the know as Sir Phantom who is without doubt the guy to listen to when it comes to all matters Spurs.

I have decided to put what I have out there as i feel AVB gets a raw deal from some, he may or not be the answer but one things for sure he is not being given a fair chance.

In the Summer AVB was promised that he would get the replacements for Luka and VDV after they were sold, this did not happen. Although AVB was not anti any of our signings they were not his choices.

They have already discussed January's targets and unlike some of you I feel we will get a few additions, my problem is that yet again I believe they will not be AVB's targets but cheaper alternatives both in terms of transfer fees and especially in terms of wages. One of the reasons we do such late business is when we don't get our targets, Levy and his cohorts bring in last minute cheaper alternatives.

Though the chairman in many ways has done an excellent job he is incredibly adverse to risk, whilst in some cases that is acceptable and good business sense, it in my opinion has put a blockage in the development of our team.

In closing AVB has been left with a weakened squad and has not been able to get his own targets I do not expect that to change, in addition we are already searching for a replacement for Bale who will almost certainly be moving to Spain in the summer.

How?

If so i'm utterly confused about what

Actually means..

I guess that lengthy discussions about how good Jake Livermore is and whether or not he won any MOTM awards last season can reasonably be deemed to have strayed a long, long way from the path of ITK discussion.

I guess that lengthy discussions about how good Jake Livermore is and whether or not he won any MOTM awards last season can reasonably be deemed to have strayed a long, long way from the path of ITK discussion.

Discussing how much livermore is worth in the light of livermore sale itk..

Seemed legit..

Discussing how much livermore is worth in the light of livermore sale itk..

Seemed legit..

Indeed......but the discussion has gone a considerable distance beyond merely discussing how much Livermore is worth, no?

Anyway, Crawley's post didn't seem unreasonable to me, at least.

Ali Z on COYS:

Ok I though long and hard about divulging what I know, firstly I would like to point out that I am nowhere as in the know as Sir Phantom who is without doubt the guy to listen to when it comes to all matters Spurs.

I have decided to put what I have out there as i feel AVB gets a raw deal from some, he may or not be the answer but one things for sure he is not being given a fair chance.

In the Summer AVB was promised that he would get the replacements for Luka and VDV after they were sold, this did not happen. Although AVB was not anti any of our signings they were not his choices.

They have already discussed January's targets and unlike some of you I feel we will get a few additions, my problem is that yet again I believe they will not be AVB's targets but cheaper alternatives both in terms of transfer fees and especially in terms of wages. One of the reasons we do such late business is when we don't get our targets, Levy and his cohorts bring in last minute cheaper alternatives.

Though the chairman in many ways has done an excellent job he is incredibly adverse to risk, whilst in some cases that is acceptable and good business sense, it in my opinion has put a blockage in the development of our team.

In closing AVB has been left with a weakened squad and has not been able to get his own targets I do not expect that to change, in addition we are already searching for a replacement for Bale who will almost certainly be moving to Spain in the summer.

I'm desperately trying to find which bit of that is ITK, and not a matter of common knowledge?
(No dis-respect to the poster, Denmark, by the way_

How?

If so i'm utterly confused about what

Actually means..

It WAS meant as a light-hearted dig (hence the celery ref.) but no, I don't see the merits of MOTM awards for individuals forming part of the discussion on ITK. Next we'll be doing formation and tactics in here. GHod-forbid ;)

I'm desperately trying to find which bit of that is ITK, and not a matter of common knowledge?
(No dis-respect to the poster, Denmark, by the way_

I wouldn't say that it is common "knowledge". I would say that it is common speculation.

And while my guess is that elements of it are true, I think the emphasis is all wrong.

Certainly, I can easily believe that AVB prioritised certain players and that, having failed to deliver those players, Levy presented AVB with last minute, cheaper alternatives - though I don't, for a second, believe that he would have forced any of those alternatives on AVB.

But what seems to have got lost in the discussion is the simple fact that many, if not all, of AVB's principal targets might simply have been out of reach for Spurs. We have a finite budget which carefully has to balance or prioritise transfer fees or wages. The latter have been dramatically on the increase over the past few seasons. And that inevitably means, until we can dramatically increase revenues, that there is less money available for transfer fees.

What I am quite certain of is that Levy isn't deliberately sabotaging AVB's plans. Why on earth would he? He is doing what he can to deliver what AVB wants. But, all too often, there is simply too big a gap between the desired target and the means to securing him.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that it is common "knowledge". I would say that it is common speculation.

And while my guess is that elements of it are true, I think the emphasis is all wrong.

Certainly, I can easily believe that AVB prioritised certain players and that, having failed to deliver those players, Levy presented AVB with last minute, cheaper alternatives - though I don't, for a second, believe that he would have forced any of those alternatives on AVB.

But what seems to have got lost in the discussion is the simple fact that many, if not all, of AVB's principal targets might simply have been out of reach for Spurs. We have a finite budget which carefully has to balance or prioritise transfer fees or wages. The latter have been dramatically on the increase over the past few seasons. And that inevitably means, until we can dramatically increase revenues, that there is less money available for transfer fees.

What I am quite certain of is that Levy isn't deliberately sabotaging AVB's plans. He is doing what he can to deliver what AVB wants. But, all too often, there is simply too big a big gap between the desired target and the means to securing him.

The best post i've read in a while..

If AVB's targets are the likes og Moutinho, Willian and Fernandinho I can see why Levy would rather go for some less expensive alternatives. I do not think he's getting a raw deal if he wants £20+ millon players.

The one ITK that knows even less than POTL.

HoofHarted

Moutinho is still the preferred midfielder Levy will pay the wages, but not a high transfer fee. Mvila is the alternative. Now Llorente has made himself available a deal could well be done, wages OK but won't pay silly money transfer fee when he will be on a free in the summer.

And we may possibly sign a left back, I was told a name but short term memory is shot so I will have to ask again, you will be the first to know, when I remember. And its not fun to mock the afflicted.

Ali Z on COYS:

I assume this is referring to POTL, therefore I stopped reading.

It WAS meant as a light-hearted dig (hence the celery ref.) but no, I don't see the merits of MOTM awards for individuals forming part of the discussion on ITK. Next we'll be doing formation and tactics in here. GHod-forbid ;)

Ok, back on topic, I dont think we need 4 signings or even 5, just 1 = Moutinho would do me :)

Back