• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

If Sissoko is so good then why is no one else in for him when he's free in the summer or a couple of million now.

People are still moaning about us loaning Booth and signing Rasiak. I'd rather listen to people moaning about Levy not signing anyone than listen to them ranting about us signing Jones well into the next decade.

This. 100%.

If you want something, and you cannot afford to buy a QUALITY PRODUCT do NOT settle for some cheap brick from TJ Maxx!!!

p.s. agents are going to shamelessly use our club's name until Feb 1st. We will be connected with everyone. I am surprised the bi-annual Huntelaar link hasn't popped up yet!

I will still never forget the night we signed Rasiak. I was updating a mate who could not sit glued to his laptop/radio like I (sadly) was, and I can tell you, when I geed him up, lead him down the path of our 'superb deadline day signing' and then dropped that name, I was met with silence. Knowing this would happen, I had emailed him a photo. He checked his mail right as the silence got thickest, and we spent the next 5 minutes laughing hysterically. It was, at once, the greatest and saddest transfer window moment I have experienced. Seriously, the laughter was bording on crazed and deranged. He looked like a crack-witch in the photo!

I will still never forget the night we signed Rasiak. I was updating a mate who could not sit glued to his laptop/radio like I (sadly) was, and I can tell you, when I geed him up, lead him down the path of our 'superb deadline day signing' and then dropped that name, I was met with silence. Knowing this would happen, I had emailed him a photo. He checked his mail right as the silence got thickest, and we spent the next 5 minutes laughing hysterically. It was, at once, the greatest and saddest transfer window moment I have experienced. Seriously, the laughter was bording on crazed and deranged. He looked like a crack-witch in the photo!

Remember that night was a Friday or Saturday night was in pub it came up spurs sign rasiak and my initial reaction was oh who's this then some young foreigner from
Spain or something? My mate ended my feeling of optimism a couple seconds later when he told me he's from derby and he's brick hahaha

Ha!

Good recall!

One of the strangest Spurs signings of all time! Bought him from Dulwich in exchange for a bag of footballs, didn't we?

Whatever happened to him, I wonder?

As it goes, I did a bit of investigation which I passed to Martin Cloake as he was also wondering, and I found several David Mcewans of roundabout the right age and one runs a sporting business called Match Night. It could be the missing bit of the jigsaw - we know he was quitting football to goto Uni, until Pleat got hold of him and he quit Uni to play 4 premier league games for us when iversen got injured and rebrov was our only striker as Sir Les was too old. We flogged him to QPR, they didnt do much better with him and he ended up in non league. But the key to remember is he might be the last non league transfer to the premier league.

He vanished, hopefully he's one of these McEwans. There is also a David Mc Ewan in financial services and he did study business at Uni.

Good story. We should start a thread on 'transfer moments reactions' good and bad. I can't because my fingers are not working.

Fallaini - no thanks. Good player but apparently they want £20m for him. And not sure that he fits our future formation. Would rather we spent £20m on a Willian type or decent CF
MVilla - no. Nutter and we dont need another defensive midfielder
Sissoko (Toulouse version rather than the PSG one) - yes please! Box to box player, 22 yeras old, French international and the most appearling thing to Levy - he's FREE in the summer!

You want us to sign Sissoko over Fellaini??? Oh dear!

Who: JJetset
When: 19/01/13
Where: SC

The committee want M'vila but the coach doesn't.....
He just wants a certain Moutinho.
Unfortunately I know who will be disappointed regarding Moutinho.
Ho hum, in other news i snorted coffee out my nose yesterday with A&C's Alan wife joke
Lets hope the team do it tomorrow for a certain Sandro.
If you are lucky and going, lets get behind the boys!

Because Sissoko is around £3m and Fellani is around £20m.

Makes perfect sense really.

And is it your fudging money? Let Levy spend the cash, its not yours is it! I dont care how much we spend, lets just get some good players and finish above Arsenal.

Have you seen Sissoko play? and compared him to Fellaini. One is a beast, the other is average. So you want us to buy cheap and miss out on CL again? Up to you.

And is it your fudging money? Let Levy spend the cash, its not yours is it! I dont care how much we spend, lets just get some good players and finish above Arsenal.

Have you seen Sissoko play? and compared him to Fellaini. One is a beast, the other is average. So you want us to buy cheap and miss out on CL again? Up to you.

It's not my money, but spending 20m on a midfielder when we need that money elsewhere in the squad is madness.

Which one is which? Whenever i've seen Sissoko play he's been very good. £3m would be a bargain. Whereas Fellani has never struck me as a £20m player. So yes, the better deal is quite obvious in my mind.

Spend 20m on one player and not have enough for a striker in the summer?

Up to me? Well no. It's not actually. That's a whole sack of crap. It's up to Levy, who takes the long term plan,, which has a very obvious choice here.

If Sissoko is so good then why is no one else in for him when he's free in the summer or a couple of million now.

Because they realise that Capoue carries him in the Toulouse midfield.

He's the Jenas to Capoue's Carrick.

Last edited:
Good story. We should start a thread on 'transfer moments reactions' good and bad. I can't because my fingers are not working.
Here's one, I had tears streaming down my face when Edgar Davids was introduced at Spurs, it was one of those moments where I knew it would have made my late father happy to see such a great player in our shirt and I suddenly missed him immensely. My son (only ten at the time) just stood looking at me in confusion, as if to say "We're introducing an icon and my dad's crying. WTF?"

And is it your fudging money? Let Levy spend the cash, its not yours is it!

My logic too, I smile when I see people posting about transfer fees, clearing deadwood of the books to raise cash etc. In my opinion if there's a player he wants who matches his valuation Levy will find the money regardless.

However much Levy spends or saves on transfers and/or wages it will not affect ticket, merchandise or stadium food & drink prices, their price is set by default to as much as the market will bear.

Back