• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

I'd say Guirassy and Toney are the textbook definitions of journeymen. Late 20s, 7-8 clubs under their belts, never played for a big club or (really) internationally.

If we're looking a level or two down from Osimhen and Isak, I think Leonardo at Benefica would be the smart money move.
Your on a different planet again I think

Toney has worked his way up the league

That’s all about work, effort and ability plus a focus and attitude that you can’t buy

Gurassy may be a one season wonder. But his price would reflect that

Leonardo could be anything and has started well but it’s the Portuguese league and he bid Brazilian so the settling in should be easier. He needs at least 18 months under his belt in Europe. I’d back one of our won players over him right now

Your on a different planet again I think

Toney has worked his way up the league

That’s all about work, effort and ability plus a focus and attitude that you can’t buy

Gurassy may be a one season wonder. But his price would reflect that

Leonardo could be anything and has started well but it’s the Portuguese league and he bid Brazilian so the settling in should be easier. He needs at least 18 months under his belt in Europe. I’d back one of our won players over him right now

But that's what a journeyman is. A skilled craftsman who has progressed from apprentice, but not reached the level of master. They tend to travel around, rather than settling in and becoming established somewhere.

I think Leonardo is ahead of Veliz as he chose that smaller stepping stone and has been getting first team games. I think he'd suit an Ange system though because he's a pure goalscorer/has great movement, whereas Veliz and Lankshear seem more physical #9s. That also means he will be more useful younger, as he doesn't need to wait for his strength to develop so much.

But that's what a journeyman is. A skilled craftsman who has progressed from apprentice, but not reached the level of master. They tend to travel around, rather than settling in and becoming established somewhere.

I think Leonardo is ahead of Veliz as he chose that smaller stepping stone and has been getting first team games. I think he'd suit an Ange system though because he's a pure goalscorer/has great movement, whereas Veliz and Lankshear seem more physical #9s. That also means he will be more useful younger, as he doesn't need to wait for his strength to develop so much.
It’s really not a journeyman
A journeyman has stepped up
They bounce around

I wonder who Ange will want to chop this summer....

I don't see any surprises. Hojbjerg, Royal and Lo Celso will probably be the most high profile departures.

I think it will more be about current starters evolving into rotation options (specifically Son, Richarlison and Bissouma)

I saw rumours of us looking at Ederson from Atlanta for the number 6 role..would he suit us?
We've been linked with him a lot this season but I read recently somewhere that they are already looking to sell another CM so it would be hard to do a deal.

I saw rumours of us looking at Ederson from Atlanta for the number 6 role..would he suit us?

His agent has been flogging him around for a long time, which isn't a good sign/means he'll probably rock up at West Ham.

But Atlanta is a really good nursery club, as we've found out with Romero and Kulu

I wonder who Ange will want to chop this summer....

Out for sure -> PEH, Gil, & Royal
For consideration -> Lo Celso (media in Spain did say we offered him an extension), Skipp (just don't see a fit for him)
Loan Army -> Rodon, Spence, Reguilon, Parrott, Ndombele (we will never get rid of this guy)

So likely 5 from main squad, 5 loan players, so 10 sold ..

For consideration -> Lo Celso (media in Spain did say we offered him an extension), Skipp (just don't see a fit for him)
Loan Army -> Rodon, Spence, Reguilon, Parrott, Ndombele (we will never get rid of this guy)

I think Davies has made a decision to leave for regular football too. (Heard it somewhere a couple weeks back)

I'd suspect most of that is likely, probably including Tanganga.

I do suspect Skipp will be retained, even just for being an option perhaps better suited in the more defensive role compared to, say, PEH, who's better passing forwards but as we know switches off and in any case will likely fetch more funds whilst Skipp is homegrown.
I wonder if Parrott will get a good chance in pre-season, alongside Scarlett?
Speaking of homegrown, do we not have to make big increases in the squad on that front?

I think Davies has made a decision to leave for regular football too. (Heard it somewhere a couple weeks back)

It would be a shame for us, as we could do with him as 4th CB for another year whilst Phillips and Dorrington develop a bit more. But he's also pretty smart and is likely to make a good decision in the matches vs salary dilemma.

I still hope we can edge Saudi Sportswashing Machine out on Lloyd Kelly to fill that spot.

Speaking of homegrown, do we not have to make big increases in the squad on that front?

Not especially. Most of the leavers will be OS (exceptions Spence, Rodon and Sess).

I think its probably sensible though to try and fill one or two of the back-up CB, RB, LB and GK spots with HG players though. Maybe the Luton left back (Doughty) etc.

So PEH, Gil, Royal, Skipp, Lo Celso, Tanganga, Rodon, Spence, Reguilon, Parrott, Ndombele

Davies heading out is interesting, means we definitely need more cover
I forgot, but I don't think we keep Sessegnon either

The interesting one will be if we get decent bids for Richi or Bissouma

Back