• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

He got a contract extension just six months ago. He won't go until next summer at the earliest.

It's pretty worrying that we could be lining up in EL and LC games with a goalkeeper who can't reach the bottom half of his goal, let alone play with his feet.

I know we can emergency loan a new starter if Vicario ever gets injured, but we need an agile, ballplaying back-up so our system doesn't have to go out of the window every second tier game.

It's pretty worrying that we could be lining up in EL and LC games with a goalkeeper who can't reach the bottom half of his goal, let alone play with his feet.

I know we can emergency loan a new starter if Vicario ever gets injured, but we need an agile, ballplaying back-up so our system doesn't have to go out of the window every second tier game.
We could still bring in a young no.2 keeper with potential (better with his feet too) and keep Forster as a No.3. I doubt when he signed the extension he had any great hopes of getting game time

We could still bring in a young no.2 keeper with potential (better with his feet too) and keep Forster as a No.3. I doubt when he signed the extension he had any great hopes of getting game time

No one needs a 3rd senior GK these days (due to the emergency loan rule). It's just a big waste of wages. Especially as Forster will be on a lot more than Austin and Whiteman.

Not especially. Most of the leavers will be OS (exceptions Spence, Rodon and Sess).

I think it’s probably sensible though to try and fill one or two of the back-up CB, RB, LB and GK spots with HG players though. Maybe the Luton left back (Doughty) etc.
You sure?
I’ve seen it a few times that we still have issues and now Sarr cant be classed as HG it’s bigger

Not especially. Most of the leavers will be OS (exceptions Spence, Rodon and Sess).

I think its probably sensible though to try and fill one or two of the back-up CB, RB, LB and GK spots with HG players though. Maybe the Luton left back (Doughty) etc.
Haven't seen the maths being done yet, someone probably will soon.

Think we're just on the limit now, so depends how many non HG players in the squad we end up selling. And how big a squad Ange wants and how much trust he'll want to put in players young enough not to be registered.

I would guess 1-2 HG players in will be needed.

Haven't seen the maths being done yet, someone probably will soon.

Think we're just on the limit now, so depends how many non HG players in the squad we end up selling. And how big a squad Ange wants and how much trust he'll want to put in players young enough not to be registered.

I would guess 1-2 HG players in will be needed.
So 17 overage OS players allowed. Assume we'll keep:

1 Vicario
2 Porro
3 Romero
4 vdv
5 Dragusin
6 Udogie
7 Bissouma
8 Bentancur
9 Sarr
10 Kulu
11 Son
12 Richarlison

So thats 5 overage OS players we can bring in

So 17 overage OS players allowed. Assume we'll keep:

1 Vicario
2 Porro
3 Romero
4 vdv
5 Dragusin
6 Udogie
7 Bissouma
8 Bentancur
9 Sarr
10 Kulu
11 Son
12 Richarlison

So thats 5 overage OS players we can bring in
Your really making some huge assumptions as to how the squad will look

Your really making some huge assumptions as to how the squad will look
Its more if we have the chance to sign 5 good oversees players, we're not going to worry about not being able to registering Ndombele or Solomon.

Thats also the core of who Ange seems to trust (as well as Maddison and Johnson of the HGs). Everyone else he's always been reluctant to use.

Its more if we have the chance to sign 5 good oversees players, we're not going to worry about not being able to registering Ndombele or Solomon.

Thats also the core of who Ange seems to trust (as well as Maddison and Johnson of the HGs). Everyone else he's always been reluctant to use.
That’s fair but assumes more work in one window that we have managed in the last 4

That’s fair but assumes more work in one window that we have managed in the last 4
Ndombele, Lo Celso and Hojbjerg will be in the last year of their contracts so could be released if they dont attract interest. And Royal, Solomon, Gil and Regullion are still young and capable enough to have interest. It shouldn't be impossible.

None we should really be expecting an 8 figure sum for, they'll all be quite nominal fees.

Ndombele, Lo Celso and Hojbjerg will be in the last year of their contracts so could be released if they dont attract interest. And Royal, Solomon, Gil and Regullion are still young and capable enough to have interest. It shouldn't be impossible.

None we should really be expecting an 8 figure sum for, they'll all be quite nominal fees.
And your forgetting the others we have on loan already too such as Rodon, Spence, parrot

It’s a lot of work with the euros in play and other comps too

And your forgetting the others we have on loan already too such as Rodon, Spence, parrot

It’s a lot of work with the euros in play and other comps too
Homegrown players are usually easier to get rid of. Spence, Tanganga and Sess look practically gone already, and i suspect Rodon will stay at Leeds too.

The original question was also more about getting under the 17 OS limit, accounting for new arrivals

Homegrown players are usually easier to get rid of. Spence, Tanganga and Sess look practically gone already, and i suspect Rodon will stay at Leeds too.

The original question was also more about getting under the 17 OS limit, accounting for new arrivals
But still the assumption we will shift that man6 in total and replace them is a stretch imo
It’s a lot of bodies

But still the assumption we will shift that man6 in total and replace them is a stretch imo
It’s a lot of bodies
We dont need to replace most of them - our squad is enormous. But i get the point - 12 or so out, 7 or so in, is a lot of business. Even if we're only talking maybe 2/3 first teamers.

Archie Gray's something, isn't he? Another not too shabby performance last night.It'd be wonderful to be able to use Rodon as informal leverage to swing a transfer our way but if Gray is available so many clubs would be interested.

I'd really like us to buy Sancho. He just fell out of form at United. He looks good again now.

A talented wide forward with a point to prove in his home country. We almost signed him before he went Dortmund the first time.

United will want to sell. Homegrown as well.

I imagine some happens fairly autonomous though. Tanga is off already, Rodon by all talk is a done deal bar the paperwork, Ndombele will be let go at the end of the window if no one comes in from what I'm told. Yes loads of work but we work alot smarter now and don't bottle neck with selling to buy now either, that helps

Back