• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

I can see us getting that sort of figure for the ones in bold tbf, but the rest we'll be lucky to get anything for
Yep

Lo Celso and Hojberg will be £15m ish

Gil, Spence and Sess will be between £5-10m

But

That would still be a decent amount of money in

However I don’t see us selling skipp or Kulu just yet
And I don’t think anyone will come for Bissouma

So assume the rest may happen that’s around £110m and we still have players like Reggie and Rodon who we can sell for another £25m between them

I don’t think the qualities of Eze or Olise are in doubt
Their history with fitness is
And why oh why we don’t buy them when their in the championship and even available on a free… mental
Dele
Clark
Spence
Philips
Add 6/7 of our youngsters that would fit a similar bracket if playing in Championship/Lge 1.
We have - but it's a bit of a lottery, even with good scouting.

Palace has done great to get them both. But there were no guarantees. It's also possible they won't be able to step up, and will be Zaha.
They are both still in a team finishing 10-15th, with the luxury of developing in that environment.

Dele
Clark
Spence
Philips
Add 6/7 of our youngsters that would fit a similar bracket if playing in Championship/Lge 1.
We have - but it's a bit of a lottery, even with good scouting.

Palace has done great to get them both. But there were no guarantees. It's also possible they won't be able to step up, and will be Zaha.
They are both still in a team finishing 10-15th, with the luxury of developing in that environment.
One was £8m
The other was free
Zaha went to United too early and United were also in transition

Your right to name the ones above but it should be at least one a season. The championship is as good as the Dutch league but not as sexy

And don’t forget we, as a club, have really been poor at our loans. If we can’t compete at the top table finally we should excel at the next level

I think/hope recovery from injuries to Bentancur and Maddison, and illness to Bissouma, have contributed a lot to the down periods

That and a clearer message. Can't help but think the "staff" not buying in is some of the coaches and it filtering through to the players and muddling minds.

One was £8m
The other was free
Zaha went to United too early and United were also in transition

Your right to name the ones above but it should be at least one a season. The championship is as good as the Dutch league but not as sexy

And don’t forget we, as a club, have really been poor at our loans. If we can’t compete at the top table finally we should excel at the next level
Agreed. However we still don't know if either of them are top 4 material yet (they almost certainly are), but what's certain is they weren't when Palace signed them.
They've both needed the regular game time at Palace to develop - they wouldn't have got that here. Hell, we already have fans calling for Kulu and Solomon to be sold! Eze and Olise would receive similar treatment.
Eze is almost 26, two years older than Kulu.

Olise - £60m
Eze - £60m
Toney - £70m
DM - £40m
Another winger - £40 / £50m
A left back - £20m
A right back - £20m
Thats job done for this summer imo.

That about £310m, say we have £150m to spend and then departures, i think it’s definitely doable.
Absolutely no chance of a summer anything like that IMO. We won’t spend anywhere near £300m.

Royale - £20m
Skipp - £15m
Hojberg - £20m
Richarlison - £40m
Lo Celso - £20m
Kulu - £25m
Spence - £10m
Sess - £5m
Bissouma - £20m
Gil - £15m

Thats about £200m there
The problem there is that it is nowhere near £200m profit on the net book value. Probably £60m of profit there after the write downs (and I doubt we’d get fees as high as you’re suggesting for most of those players anyway)

Agreed. However we still don't know if either of them are top 4 material yet (they almost certainly are), but what's certain is they weren't when Palace signed them.
They've both needed the regular game time at Palace to develop - they wouldn't have got that here. Hell, we already have fans calling for Kulu and Solomon to be sold! Eze and Olise would receive similar treatment.
Eze is almost 26, two years older than Kulu.
I think this is a very good point.

We need to sign young players that will be ready to contribute at a high enough level to get regular game time for us so that they can continue their development. The required short term level is lower at Palace, in some ways that gives them and clubs like them an advantage.

Alternative of course would be loan deals, but we know that can be very hit and miss and a lot of players will want to go somewhere where they'll play regularly for their club instead of getting loaned out.

That being said we should also look to sign the best talents from the Championship if they fit the profile we need. A lot of very good players coming through there over the years.

Hmm sounds a bit scattergun though, they are all quite different. Who knows though, Maybe there's already a number one choice and some of these have been ruled out already.
Not sure they all are
There are two types in that list
Lone rangers who play as real 9
Gyokeres, Toney and Gurassy
Then you a kinda pace merchants like Openda. I’d say Gimanez is a bit of both
I’d be happy with any of these but in order…

gyokeres
Toney
openda
gimanez
Gurassy

And I think the price would reflect that, other than toneys contract having an impact

Back