• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Stats Thread

8 goal wins (1): Chelsea 1

7 goal wins (0): none

6 goal wins (1): Liverpool 1

5 goal wins (6): Liverpool 2, Arsenal 1, Fulham 1, Emirates Marketing Project 1, Swansea 1

4 goal wins (11): Man Utd 3, Arsenal 2, Liverpool 2, Chelsea 1, Emirates Marketing Project 1,Norwich 1, Tottenham 1

3 goal wins (33): Arsenal 4, Liverpool 4, Chelsea 3, Sunderland 3, Swansea 2, Fulham 2, Emirates Marketing Project 2, Man Utd 2, West Brom 2, West Ham 2, Wigan 2, Aston Villa 1, Everton 1, Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1, Southampton 1, Tottenham 1

2 goal wins (64): Chelsea 7, Emirates Marketing Project 7, Man Utd 7, Everton 6, Arsenal 5, Tottenham 5, West Brom 4, West Ham 4, Southampton 4, Aston Villa 3, Stoke 3, Swansea 2, Fulham 1, Liverpool 1, Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1, QPR 1, Reading 1, Sunderland 1, Wigan 1

1 goal wins (156): Man Utd 16, Tottenham 14, Emirates Marketing Project 12, Chelsea 10, Arsenal 9, Everton 9, Saudi Sportswashing Machine 9, Norwich 9, West Brom 8, Fulham 7, Aston Villa 6, Liverpool 6, Stoke 6, Swansea 6, West Ham 6, Wigan 6, Reading 5, Sunderland 5, Southampton 4, QPR 3

Draws (108): Everton 15, Stoke 15, Norwich 14, Southampton 14, QPR 13, Liverpool 13, Swansea 13, Sunderland 12, Aston Villa 11, Arsenal 10, Fulham 10, Reading 10, West Ham 10, Chelsea 9, Emirates Marketing Project 9, Tottenham 9, Wigan 9, Saudi Sportswashing Machine 8, West Brom 7, Man Utd 5

8 goal losses (1): Aston Villa 1

7 goal losses (0): none

6 goal losses (1): Aston Villa 1

5 goal losses (6): Norwich 2, Aston Villa 1, QPR 1, Southampton 1, Swansea 1

4 goal losses (10): Wigan 3, Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2, Aston Villa 1, Fulham 1, Norwich 1, Stoke 1, West Brom 1, West Ham 1

3 goal losses (33): Reading 4, Wigan 4, Aston Villa 3, Fulham 3, Sunderland 3, Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2, Norwich 2, QPR 2, Southampton 2, Swansea 2, West Ham 2, Liverpool 1, Stoke 1, Tottenham 1, West Brom 1

2 goal losses (64): Reading 7, QPR 6, Liverpool 5, West Ham 5, Fulham 4, Southampton 4, Stoke 4, Sunderland 4, Swansea 4, Emirates Marketing Project 3, West Brom 3, Wigan 3, Arsenal 2, Aston Villa 2, Chelsea 2, Everton 2, Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2, Norwich 1, Tottenham 1

1 goal losses (156): Saudi Sportswashing Machine 12, QPR 12, West Brom 12, Reading 11, Sunderland 10, Wigan 10, Aston Villa 9, Fulham 9, Norwich 8, Southampton 8, Stoke 8, West Ham 8, Swansea 7, Tottenham 6, Arsenal 5, Chelsea 5, Everton 5, Man Utd 5, Liverpool 3, Emirates Marketing Project 3

If only we'd been awarded a penalty... plus not conceded so many goals from corners...

Facebook | OptaJoe: 749 - If only goals scored from open play counted this season, this is how the Premier League table would have looked. Slick.

This table ignores the goals scored from penalties, corners, free-kicks and throw-in situations.

969165_10151596799277557_1891874672_n.png

Tempting to conclude this reflects how much more the big decisions go for the Big Four, especially the two we suspect the most, United and Chelsea. Might be even more telling to see a similar table omitting only penalties and free kicks.

Tempting to conclude this reflects how much more the big decisions go for the Big Four, especially the two we suspect the most, United and Chelsea. Might be even more telling to see a similar table omitting only penalties and free kicks.

We are having a genteel discussion here but IMO our tradition of fair play and not cheating is counting against us.

I am going to start a thread about it.

I think I'll put a little plug for my site here.

I've updated my cumulative table page where you can create cumulative tables between any two seasons for different leagues or tiers. These can be sorted by points, points per game, %win etc. It can also generate season records for clubs.

I've also updated the Spurs match database to include the last season. The squad analysis option (under type of search) can be sorted by %win, points per game, etc and allows you to check match records of the players for obvious things like seasons and managers, but also for records when playing with particular teammates. I can explain how to use it more if anyone is interested.

I think I'll put a little plug for my site here.

I've updated my cumulative table page where you can create cumulative tables between any two seasons for different leagues or tiers. These can be sorted by points, points per game, %win etc. It can also generate season records for clubs.

I've also updated the Spurs match database to include the last season. The squad analysis option (under type of search) can be sorted by %win, points per game, etc and allows you to check match records of the players for obvious things like seasons and managers, but also for records when playing with particular teammates. I can explain how to use it more if anyone is interested.

Thanks, good stuff.

Twitter / SpursOfficial: We currently have the best defensive record in European leagues with just one goal conceded in five matches in the Premier League.
Twitter / SpursOfficial: Inter and Roma have conceded 1 in 4 in Serie A, Bayern Munich are next with 2 in 6 in Bundesliga followed by Southampton, Chelsea (2 in 5).
Twitter / SpursOfficial: Our 105 shots (including blocks) tops the Premier League, followed by Chelsea (92) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine (78).
Twitter / SpursOfficial: Our 105 shots total is 5th in Europe behind Real Madrid 110, Bayern 117, PSG 118 and - quiz answer revealed - Borussia Dortmund on 136.
Twitter / SpursOfficial: Final stats - we’re top of the PL in passes attempted in opposition half (1639), the final 3rd (867) and most shots on target (34).

Twitter / OptaJoe: 20% - League leaders Arsenal have the best rate of converting shots into goals in the Premier League this season. Clinical.
Twitter / OptaJoe: 6% - Second-place Tottenham have the lowest conversion rate of shots into goals in the Premier League this season. Squeak.

^^ I'd say those last two OptaJoe stats are promising, but the reason **** are so clinical isn't because they are lucky, but because they tend to play on the break and are perhaps the most dangerous team on the counter so all their chances are very, very good (refer to the game against us); whereas we have the syndrome Liverpool initially had under Rodgers - we press them back into their own third so hard we end up restricting our own space, so a lot of our shots tend to be against packed defenses, and/or from distance (ie. Townsend territory). The opposition essentially gets suffocated, which is great in a defensive sense, or if you are as technically superior and intelligent as Barca or Dortmund are in their respective leagues, but very difficult to get right in in terms of attack with a team as young and unfamiliar with each other as ours.

Thing is though, once Liverpool settled in and gained fluidity and a more lethal striker in Sturridge, they started figuring out how to pick apart a "low block" team with fast, one-touch football, and they've had some very good runs since. I'm hoping that's what we'll see as we gain more familiarity with each other, because ideally the very *purpose* of a high press is catching teams in transition - you just need very clever and/or well-coached, in-tune players to execute the plays properly. With Eriksen, Holtby, and apparently Lamela we have some natural cleverness now, we just need to get on the same wavelength to start ripping apart some of these teams (and that's much easier said than done, so I really hope we're patient!).

Clean sheets in four of five Prem matches so far, yet somehow STILL behind Arsenal on goal differential!

I was thinking about that myself. Thing is, looking at the two teams... I think it's fairly likely that our front-line will start firing on all cylinders and converting a lot more of our (many) chances. But I'm not at all sure that Arsenal will find a way to stop leaking goals. So our GD is surely going to improve a lot faster than theirs.

Not sure if that's a sound analysis or just plain optimism, but I have my hopes.

I was thinking about that myself. Thing is, looking at the two teams... I think it's fairly likely that our front-line will start firing on all cylinders and converting a lot more of our (many) chances. But I'm not at all sure that Arsenal will find a way to stop leaking goals. So our GD is surely going to improve a lot faster than theirs.

Not sure if that's a sound analysis or just plain optimism, but I have my hopes.

Ha! Of course, 3-2 looks the same as 1-0 in terms of GD.

Back